• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT| There and back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apt101

It's bad. It almost made me put the game down and shelve it. I want to erase it from my mind so that the accumulated frustration can evaporate away like morning mist.

You ever play MGS4? You remember the part where
Snake had to crawl through a microwave machine
? This was like that, but spread out over an hour +, and without any emotional payoff.

Yea I remember that. *grimace*

Zedark

Chapter 13 was fine, you big babies. Hell, it actually had some really good atmosphere.

It is obviously not nearly as bad as GAF makes it out to be (worst gameplay segment ever in gaming OMG), though I do think it goes on for too long with the monotonous gameplay there, which made me desperately wish after 1 hour that they would wrap it up already, but instead I had to endure another 20 minutes before the payoff for that Chapter came. The payoff is quite nice, and that is why I personally wouldn't call the chapter bad, but it has some severe pacing issues imo.

Scotia

Banned
It is obviously not nearly as bad as GAF makes it out to be (worst gameplay segment ever in gaming OMG), though I do think it goes on for too long with the monotonous gameplay there, which made me desperately wish after 1 hour that they would wrap it up already, but instead I had to endure another 20 minutes before the payoff for that Chapter came. The payoff is quite nice, and that is why I personally wouldn't call the chapter bad, but it has some severe pacing issues imo.

This is how I feel about Chapter 13. It was far too long, but the people saying it's their worst gaming experience are being ridiculous.

Mailbox

Costlemark

2 red giants
2 nagas
326745234782354 flans
petrifaction
toad
burn status

So much fun.

pretty sure its 3 red giants
and a Nagarani all upper 40s in level.
and a boatload of flans.

I figured out ways of dealing with it via wait mode. I really recommend NOT doing that fight in active mode. I should know, i had to do that fight 3 times T_T
You can avoid them by taking the right direction in one go. I liked it too, was a nice challenge imo.

or second go, the Nagarani and the 3rd red giant don't appear until after the second screw up.
I screwed up 4 times... don't ask me how that happened T_T

silva1991

pretty sure its 3 red giants
and a Nagarani all upper 40s in level.
and a boatload of flans.

I figured out ways of dealing with it via wait mode. I really recommend NOT doing that fight in active mode. I should know, i had to do that fight 3 times T_T

T

I fought them "AGAIN".

Yeah one Naga, but she healed her self somehow and that's why I thought there were two.

This is ridiculous.

I just wanna fight fight Jabberwock and be done with this shit.

Any video showing me the right way?

I had 2 Red Giants left in the fight with 3 of them and a Naga, and then one of the Red Giants wouldnt stop doing the attack where he pulls you towards him. Took ages and a bunch of items, but i teleported out of his reach and just spammed a bunch of magic attacks to kill him. Got so pissed at the thought of having to do everything again x.x

JBwB

So.. uh... I was fighting the
Bennu (Zuu reskin)
and I somehow glitched through the ground. First glitch in the game that forced me to reload haha.

Thing is bloody massive when you're actually fighting it.

Ladekabel

I have a whole new appreciation for cup noodles after doing that quest.

Getting the fishing gear at Vesperpool is a game changer for fishing.

And what's up with the
black chocobo egg
at Wiz?
When does it hatch?

Chapter 13 was a little annoying and dragged on a bit but for the most part i was waiting for the part that everyone was complaining about.

The maze at the end of castlemark is some legit bullshit though, but thats optional.

Lexxism

15392927_10154339985893732_2195915630115579243_o.jpg
Based on those color, orange = weakness and purple = 50% resistant?
It's the guy where you can eat. Check the table for sidequests.
Thanks. Got the food.

Everyone who reaches post-game should at least try
the Pitioss Dungeon.
I couldn't believe what I was playing, and there's a sweet reward at the end.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
So chapter 13 wasn't quite as awful as made out to be as a whole, but definitely my least favorite part of the game so far and certainly had some terrible parts and went on far too long. In all the game has really taken a swan dive for me post chapter 9. Not surprising since I don't care about the shit story and loved the open world part of the game. Looking forward to finishing it up and getting back to side quests and dungeons in the post game. IIRC I'm at 41 hours and Noct at level 57.

Sapientas

half of the dungeon is good, but the blocks part is shit.

Good thing I was overleveled :3
Aside that ridiculous second room (which is not that bad in comparison to the Sealed Dungeons) I really liked Costlemark. The blocks maze really surprised me. Got it right after 2 traps.

RPGam3r

This game is so good. My faith in the FF series has been restored! I can not wait to see what the updates/DLC look like, and the future of FF.

Sapientas

I was the recommended level and looked it up after 6 traps. Worst part of the game by far for me :(

I can see that really souring the area. It really is a big mess how you can be stuck there indefinitely. Still it's the only high level dungeon in the game (aside the boring Sealed Dungeons obviously) and the combat really clicked there for me. The boss is pretty dope too.

Zedark

This game is so good. My faith in the FF series has been restored! I can not wait to see what the updates/DLC look like, and the future of FF.

Me too, I really hope the DLC plans they have will be announced in full soon, as I want to know whether I should buy it or whether they are doing filler stuff that isn't worth the price in the end (then again, it is not expensive at €25, so they going by their announced plans I think they will have something worthwhile).

The game is as good as I hoped it would be, and at 60 hours in I still just want to wander around.

In Ch. 13. Just started. We'll see what I think, but I really liked Chapters 9 - 12. Some nice set pieces and the tonal shifts are working for me. That said, the amount of plot that just happens offscreen is undeniably irritating.

So.. uh... I was fighting the
Bennu (Zuu reskin)
and I somehow glitched through the ground. First glitch in the game that forced me to reload haha.

Thing is bloody massive when you're actually fighting it.

Speaking of that enemy... Can you refight it after the quest is done? I used a summon to kill it so it wasn't super satisfying. Not sure if it's just roaming around somewhere in the world to fight now or if it's even the same
bird you saw in Chapter 1

Pachimari

I finally found a glass gem to upgrade my Engine Blade at Cid!

Is it the Engine Blade that turns into the Ultima Blade or is that one I gotta find on my own?

JBwB

Speaking of that enemy... Can you refight it after the quest is done? I used a summon to kill it so it wasn't super satisfying. Not sure if it's just roaming around somewhere in the world to fight now or if it's even the same
bird you saw in Chapter 1

Not that particular enemy, no.

But you can fight the
Zuu (bird in Chapter 1) if you accept the hunt for it in Ravatough (level 67). I believe you can fight Zuu as many times as you want as it's a hunt and not a side quest.

I finally got around to watching Kingsglaive and Brotherhood.

Brotherhood actually surprised me. I didn't really have much expectations for it, but I thought it was surprisingly good, and really fleshed out the characters quite nicely.

Kingslaive, Surprised me a bit too, in that I was thinking it'd be an awful movie that was a visual feast, but it ended up being a visual feast and a very mediocre film. Not nearly as bad as I was thinking it would be, but still very cheesy and dumb. Still wold've preferred for this segment to have been an actual part of the game though.

Of course a optional dungeon had to be a sewer. Ha. This place was more of a hinderance for me then chapter 13. I still can't find the final swith in this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom