• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT| There and back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that particular enemy, no.

But you can fight the
Zuu (bird in Chapter 1) if you accept the hunt for it in Ravatough (level 67). I believe you can fight Zuu as many times as you want as it's a hunt and not a side quest.

Ah gotcha. That's cool at least. :)

Of course a optional dungeon had to be a sewer. Ha. This place was more of a hinderance for me then chapter 13. I still can't find the final swith in this place.

Man that place was awful. At some point you would think Devs would just learn that NO ONE ON THIS FUCKING PLANET LIKES SEWER LEVELS

Also yeah Brotherhood was actually really good and does a WAY better job of fleshing out the characters than the game does.

Kingsglaive on the other hand was just... ok at best. The plot was spaghetti noodle thin, but the action scenes were excellent and it was gorgeous. At least the first 30 minutes or so get you up to speed as to what the hell is going on in the game.

Ferr986

Starting the infamous Ch.13. Let's see how it goes, but man, I don't understand the point of making this secondary linear part. It's awful so far.

There's no point to it considering
almost every chapter is spend inside the same friggin train and even with the linear development the story barely advances. It's just bunch of scenes trying to make you feel bad about that disaster that was Luna as a character

Thanks god the majority of the game is still the open world part.

I can see that really souring the area. It really is a big mess how you can be stuck there indefinitely. Still it's the only high level dungeon in the game (aside the boring Sealed Dungeons obviously) and the combat really clicked there for me. The boss is pretty dope too.

I was hoping that once I tried all 4 corners and failed that the game would just open the exit for me hahaha. To be fair, the correct path is the only path that has a fork and theres a mark on the floor on the correct side to travel. I was just to frustrated at that point to notice.

At least the boss and boss room were great!

J4g3r

Oh man, that Master Tonberry contract took me by surprise.

Wasn't expecting the bastard to be jumping around like Yoda swinging that knife.

(I liked the sewer level)

Wrote about it a couple pages back, but it was probably my favorite part of the game so far.

You, my friend, are an anachronism. Man, I ended up running around looking for that last switch for goddamn ever. Then when I found it I had to figure out where the door opened :(

Floody

Just did the hidden dungeon and wow, makes chapter 13 seem like the best level ever created by man, platforming isn't fun in this game and the dungeon being fucking huge only makes it more and more frustrating. The only redeeming thing out it was the reward being really good, outside of that it honestly made me not like the game as much.

I really can't agree with this.

MGSV was immensely polished.The gameplay in there is absolute top tier within its genre ,but that's certainly not analogous to FFXV gameplay within the ARPG genre.

In addition,MGSV had extremely refined stylistic polish and consistency everywhere whether in voice acting or cutscenes.Complete opposite to FFXV's jankfest.

I don't mean that it is literally 1:1 MGS. I mean in the sense that it's a long awaited release that was initially well received but then had a controversial response from its players.

It's first half is well received in terms of its gameplay and open world, but it's latter section being received poorly by players and a lot of criticisms for its story. That doesn't sound familiar to you? If not then fine. I absolutely loved MGSV and would kill to have the previous entries get remade with its gameplay but I know that not everyone shares my love of the game and that it's broader reception is more like what I described above for FFXV.

It's truly a shame we will probably never get to see either games in the forms they should have been with enough time / resources though — both deserved better.

UV-6

So Chapter
is pretty tough.
Can I go back to the open world to level up and then come back stronger?

Astral

What's the best way to get rare coins? I read something about saving in front of a blue item and reloading if it's not a rare coin. It somehow respawns immediately too?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What's everyone's favourite weapon-sort?

I had a sword + three other "King"-weapons in order to buff my sword damage.

Renmyra

4 hours for Steyliff sealed dungeon. Goddamn Tonberries. Bless Enhancement and Overwhelm.

I wonder what kind of enemies the Costlemark dungeon houses.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Has anyone got the entire revealed map? So I can see all the dungeons, outposts and whatnot for my replay save :)?

Marakh101

Neo Member
I just finished Chapter 9.

For those who finished the game, would you recommend to wait for the updates before Chapter 13? Is it that bad?

Yoshichan

Spear huh? Can someone tell me the benefits of it compared to say, the sword?

Zesh

I just finished Chapter 9.

For those who finished the game, would you recommend to wait for the updates before Chapter 13? Is it that bad?

Depends on how eager you are to experience the rest of the story. For me, it is that bad, but we don't know how much the update will improve it, nor when the update will actually hit.

If it were me, I'd go ahead with the game and try to get chapter 13 over with as quickly as possible.

Has anyone really dug into Totomostro yet? It seems like there's a lot of good prizes there, but they cost a hell of a lot, and it seems like luck more than anything right now. Any tips to help get a better reel and a slightly faster car?

shiba5

I bought this because I saw that it had a time traveling Shiba Inu in it, and am enjoying it more than I thought I would. I haven't played a FF game since 7. I played a bit of 8, but couldn't finish it because I couldn't stand Squall.

JBwB

Has anyone really dug into Totomostro yet? It seems like there's a lot of good prizes there, but they cost a hell of a lot, and it seems like luck more than anything right now. Any tips to help get a better reel and a slightly faster car?

Coeurl > everything else

Gigantoad > most monsters

High level sabertusks do a good job against most monster types.

Yoshichan

Despite 100%ing this just recently, I just started a new save. Let's fucking go.

Althane

I'm rocking Daggers + Greatsword + Royal Arms Axe. Usually keep the bottom slot open for when I need some magic on the go.

I have not used Wait Mode pretty much at all. Am I missing a major help in battle by not using it?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What the hell is this (chapter 5)
Jared shit. Why do I care about him? What even happened to him? They say iris will go with his obnoxious son Talcum Powder and then iris comes with you. So what happened? They leave his orphan kid in the hotel? And prompto keeps saying all thanks to Jared! What the duck did Jared even do?

This game is weird.

shiba5

What the hell is this (chapter 5)
Jared shit. Why do I care about him? What even happened to him? They say iris will go with his obnoxious son Talcum Powder and then iris comes with you. So what happened? They leave his orphan kid in the hotel? And prompto keeps saying all thanks to Jared! What the duck did Jared even do?

This game is weird.

I think it tries to push "dem feels" when it hasn't done anything to deserve them.

Marakh101

Neo Member
Depends on how eager you are to experience the rest of the story. For me, it is that bad, but we don't know how much the update will improve it, nor when the update will actually hit.

If it were me, I'd go ahead with the game and try to get chapter 13 over with as quickly as possible.

Thanks. I'll continue then. Love the game so far. Loooved Chapter 9. I lile side quests and wandering around but story and characters is what it's all about for me. I am way more engaged than when playing Witcher 3 which I found horrible story wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom