• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SIGGRAPH 2016 Tech Talk and Presentations

I don't think fun is the first priority for these fights. They are just eye candies that awe you once for a while. You won't fight them all the time in the game. It's like the summons in old FF games. It's not that fun to sit there and watch a one minute animation, but that's what FF do: over-the-top extravaganza.
Eh idk. I think its pretty fun. Had fun fighting that(forgive me ffxv gaf I can't ever get its name right) long neck blue thingy capougsdgssgf something lol and that was only with minimal combat abilities.

Eh idk. I think its pretty fun. Had fun fighting that(forgive me ffxv gaf I can't ever get its name right) long neck blue thingy capougsdgssgf something lol and that was only with minimal combat abilities.

Catoplebas

GroundedUnrulyKatydid.gif

Is the name really that short..I feel bad lol.

Trying to fight that with duscaes combat without the summon was.. sheesh

It wasn't fun and practically impossible. Same goes for the behemoth once he just roams around duscae, first time around it was cool with the team dynamic but with the basic combat of duscae it was a slog.

It wasn't fun and practically impossible. Same goes for the behemoth once he just roams around duscae, first time around it was cool with the team dynamic but with the basic combat of duscae it was a slog.
Yea I remember a few people saying they liked duscaes combat better... meh. It was alright but what we have now is way better

Ketaya

Are you sure? That still looks to me like that could be the square hilt of a katana. I agree with you on more weapon types, though. I suppose it would just be strange to me if they programmed thirteen unique weapon types and then had all of the other seven "bread and butter" weapon types work exactly the same way as one another. Not that I'm complaining as that would still be some pretty intense weapon variety, and we have on katana either way.

Pretty sure, yes.

Iex22VH.png

Looks to me like in this screenshot:
N1AWZt.jpg

And I do think that in each category all regular weapons will have the same moveset, just with different stats and maybe a special ability.

Philippo

And I do think that in each category all regular weapons will have the same moveset, just with different stats and maybe a special ability.

Yeah i hope they take the chances to make many variations to the weapons in the same category, like swords with better stats, with powerful skills, special moveset or a side-effect.

Add weapon customization, and we have a lots of possibilities.

Yeah i hope they take the chances to make many variations to the weapons in the same category, like swords with better stats, with powerful skills, special moveset or a side-effect.

Add weapon customization, and we have a lots of possibilities.

Agreed! Bucket loads of potential here and they're delivering on a lot of it regardless, but I'd like to see them go for absolutely broke.

When are they going to reveal weapon upgrading dammit?!

DJIzana

Yeah, but Xenoblade X didn't go through Development Hell. *shrug*

Not only that but it was also Monolith Soft's first HD game too. Heh.

In any case, I'm just really curious to see how fleshed out the open world is and what kind of secrets we can discover in FFXV.

Catoblepas is actually really fun to fuck around with in Duscae 2.0, but yeah, it's inflated stats make the battle itself kind of a chore.

I actually enjoyed fighting the Magitek troops the most in Duscae. Was really fun when you had a big group of them.

Catoblepas is actually really fun to fuck around with in Duscae 2.0, but yeah, it's inflated stats make the battle itself kind of a chore.

I actually enjoyed fighting the Magitek troops the most in Duscae. Was really fun when you had a big group of them.
Night time+endless drop ships+trolls=What a time to be alive

I'm impressed by the huge number of troops that we fight at any given time.

Aters

I'm impressed by the huge number of troops that we fight at any given time.

I heard they tuned up the encounter rate in the demo to make it feel less empty since many contents wasn't finished yet. Hope that's true because currently this game is the ARPG equivalent Skies of Arcadia.

wmlk

The Magitek Troops are amazing enemies. I love everything about them.

Ketaya

Kinda OT buy can you guys believe we will have FF XV featured in this next month thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1254108

Nope, it still feels surreal to me.
And I won't believe anything until I put the gamedisc into my PS4, start the game, see the menu screen with somnus playing and hit start. I'll probably start crying during the loading screen.

Edit: On another note, the game got rated in Germany (USK 12). That means someone here working at the USK not far from me played this game. And not just a small bit, but the entire thing. Now I'm jealous.

And I won't believe anything until I put the gamedisc into my PS4, start the game, see the menu screen with somnus playing and hit start. I'll probably start crying during the loading screen.

My God, the main menu. I think I'll cry too lol

Philippo

Edit: On another note, the game got rated in Germany (USK 12). That means someone here working at the USK not far from me played this game. And not just a small bit, but the entire thing. Now I'm jealous.

My God, the main menu. I think I'll cry too lol

I'm crying just at the idea that i'll cry during that moment.
Hell, i'll cry as a baby when my friends will come get me at the airport when i come back from my trip on Oct 4th with the game in their hands lol

M - Recommended for mature audiences. Fantasy themes and violence.

@RedMakuzawa
To put it into better perspective: No numbered FF game has been rated higher than "M" in Australia. Only FFType-0 HD got a higher rating.​

They rate all FF games for Mature audiences only? That's kinda harsh =p

I'm crying just at the idea that i'll cry during that moment.
Hell, i'll cry as a baby when my friends will come get me at the airport when i come back from my trip on Oct 4th with the game in their hands lol

They hype will be in full force mode later September.

I like how prompto ducks out of the way and gladios tempest got an upgrade since this build because now you see like a wind affect after the two swings

Yeah, for a while now, I've loved how they interact with each other (or are aware of each other) in all these ways during the battles.

Go_Ly_Dow

The Cato was a chore to fight in Duscae without aerial combo/warping implementation.

I look forward to seeing how it differs in the final game.

The Cato was a chore to fight in Duscae without aerial combo/warping implementation.

Indeed -- I recall a video of some gaffer (probably Exentryk) who had figured out how to stay airborn the whole fight w/ some kind of repeated combo (with the wyvern lance I think), but I could never get the hang of it. Worth watching Ramuh hit the Catoblepas at least once for sheer spectacle though, even if it took three to down it for good.

Ketaya

Indeed -- I recall a video of some gaffer (probably Exentryk) who had figured out how to stay airborn the whole fight w/ some kind of repeated combo (with the wyvern lance I think), but I could never get the hang of it. Worth watching Ramuh hit the Catoblepas at least once for sheer spectacle though, even if it took three to down it for good.

Yep, tried that once. It takes at least 20 minutes even on max level and he can kill you with one hit with his stomps. Even Ramuh need several hits. This fight was really not fun and clearly cobbled together in short time.

The new battle system alone would improve it a lot I imagine, since you can easier stay in the air and have more then one attack in the air.

If you can parry Titan you better be able to parry the catoblepas too. Not to mention magic and the ridiculous damage it deals.

ViciousDS

Banned
Not only that but it was also Monolith Soft's first HD game too. Heh.

In any case, I'm just really curious to see how fleshed out the open world is and what kind of secrets we can discover in FFXV.

yes, but I enjoyed my time in Duscae ten fold and even spent 30+ hours with the demo compared to the 5 in XC:X

Hated the new xenoblade

yes, but I enjoyed my time in Duscae ten fold and even spent 30+ hours with the demo compared to the 5 in XC:X

Hated the new xenoblade

I knew I was going to spend a bunch of time with Duscae, but the actual amount of time I spend exceeded my expectations. I can't even explain how I amnaged spend enough time in Duscae to finish 2-3 AAA games.

Top Bottom