• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SPOILER THREAD

oV4GV7F.gif

Tyaren

I asked already....but can we please have a dedicated FFXV gif thread? The game (and the diligent gifers) totally deserve it.
SunhiL's gifs also have to be preserved for the ages in one place. ;)

Here's the proof that I did actually get the Black Hood, and it wasn't all some terrible nightmare.

Damn, did you have to redo the entire dungeon? I almost finished it, but then made some weird fall where I got respawned somewhere in the beginning instead of the checkpoint I was at, and I just have no idea how to get back to where I was. Read up on the Black Hood, figured it just wasn't worth it anymore (after 3-4 hours of that dungeon), and just got out of there. Did get a bunch of other items, good enough for me.

Too much praise for the dungeon, I think. It has some cool moments, but it would've been better if they put some of the stuff in other dungeons instead of this gauntlet that never stops. Let's not even talk about the controls :p

I asked already....but can we please have a dedicated FFXV gif thread? The game (and the diligent gifers) totally deserve it.
SunhiL's gifs also have to be preserved for the ages in one place. ;)

We just need a new thread for Sunhi's gifs (I know he has one already) but his are too good to not give another one. I propose:

_________ |OT2| Sunhi's Legend

Tyaren

We just need a new thread for Sunhi's gifs (I know he has one already) but his are too good to not give another one. I propose:

_________ OT2 | Sunhi's Legend

Sunhi totally deserves his own thread...but I think FFXV also does. There are many other great gifs out there that highlight the incredible action and animations of this game. People who don't know the game are always instantly wowed and interested seeing them.

I think I'm gonna open one... Mods wont ban for this, will they? XD

Formosa

Finished the game today.

- Finished main story.
- All side quests.
- All Menace dungeons.
- Ascension grids completed.
- Killed the turtle.
- Conpleted the secret dungeon (took me about 4-5 hours with YouTube video, probably the most challenging thing in the game).
- Platinum trophy.

Things that I didn't do:
- Only at level 6 Hunt.
- Grind for V2 (but I do have every other items from the game including 4 ribbons).

I really wish the main story is longer. The over all contents is worth the $60, but he main story and world map is really a big let down. I can't wait for the DLC though, hopefully they expand the world map at least 1/2 of the current exploitable map.

Edit: it's also very depressing that after you got all the best items in the game, there's not a challenging boss left in the game.

Finished the game today.

- Finished main story.
- All side quests.
- All Menace dungeons.
- Killed the turtle.
- Conpleted the secret dungeon (took me about 4-5 hours with YouTube video, probably the most challenging thing in the game).
- Platinum trophy.

Things that I didn't do:
- Only at level 6 Hunt.
- Grind for V2 (but I do have every other items from the game including 4 ribbons).

I really wish the main story is longer. The over all contents is worth the $60, but he main story and world map is really a big let down. I can't wait for the DLC though, hopefully they expand the world map at least 1/2 of the current exploitable map.

Edit: it's also very depressing that after you got all the best items in the game, there's not a challenging boss left in the game.

Why not save the adamantoise for last? That's my plan; maybe I will even wait until I have one of those v2 magitek suits. Granted the fight doesn't need it, but at least it'll give a feeling of getting to kill something once you're all decked out.

squall211

Beat it yesterday. Overall I enjoyed the game, but one of the things that left a sour taste in my mouth was that you couldn't explore the World of Ruin once you got to hammerhead. I wonder if that will be made possible as a a future update or as some kind of DLC.

UrbanRats

Finished the game last night.
I'm actually legit upset at how they wasted so many good ideas, assets, and material on such a poorly told story, boggles the mind how you could fuck that part up THIS bad.

Maybe i'll go into detail later, as now i'm busy.

I'm still happy i played it though, a bit like MGSV, it hurts, but it had enough of worth in it to justify its troubled existence.

You weren't kidding. I've been farming for 2 hours and no luck so far.

This annoyed the hell out of me as well. Here is the solution:

1) You should already have it, but if not - get the AP option that makes appendages break with a warp strike.
2) Take the [Old Lestallum?] quest [for spiracorns/dualacorns] and camp nearest to the quest area and use the chicken an egg rice meal to get the 50% drop rate boost (if you don't have this, I think one of the vendors in Lestallum also cooks it anyways).
3) Go to quest area and save a new slot just outside of the yellow zone (this is so you can replay easily if you don't get it).
4) Fight the enemies - you can either clear out the spiracorns and save the dualcorns or focus on the dualcorns as they are they important ones for getting Sturdy Helixhorn.
5) Hold the targeting button and use the right stick to make sure you are targeting a dualcorn's horn for your attacks.
6) Warp strike the horns religiously. Don't bother with other attacks - use the warp points liberally to restore MP.
7) Reload save until you get it - but points 5+6 are the key. Feel no guilt in this method because fuck that drop rate man...

Dmax3901

Damn, did you have to redo the entire dungeon? I almost finished it, but then made some weird fall where I got respawned somewhere in the beginning instead of the checkpoint I was at, and I just have no idea how to get back to where I was. Read up on the Black Hood, figured it just wasn't worth it anymore (after 3-4 hours of that dungeon), and just got out of there. Did get a bunch of other items, good enough for me.

Too much praise for the dungeon, I think. It has some cool moments, but it would've been better if they put some of the stuff in other dungeons instead of this gauntlet that never stops. Let's not even talk about the controls :p

Yeah its worth is definitely questionable. Some gaffer linked me to a video that allegedly shows a way to speedrun the dungeon, I may try that at some point just to get the hood. I haven't touched the game since this happened though lol, needed a break.

squall211

What is everyone's opinion of the post game? I just finished the main story last night, and I'm debating whether to continue on with post-game content or move on to another game.

Generally with a FF game it would be a no-brainer and I'd finish most or all of the post game content, but I have so many other games on my plate I'm wondering if I should just move on and maybe come back to it another time.

Tyaren

Got all of Sunhi's gifs downloaded just in case :D

Have started downloading all the ones I especially like too. ;)

What is everyone's opinion of the post game? I just finished the main story last night, and I'm debating whether to continue on with post-game content or move on to another game.

Generally with a FF game it would be a no-brainer and I'd finish most or all of the post game content, but I have so many other games on my plate I'm wondering if I should just move on and maybe come back to it another time.

I actually have been enjoying it a lot and there is A LOT of post game content. You can easily reach 200 hours of gameplay. I got the game guide now and as a completionist it is a heaven sent. There is so much stuff, like whole dungeons and extra cutscenes and conversations, that I would have totally missed. That would have been a shame. Especially since the main story felt very rushed in parts. The open world exploration and questing is for me the best part of the game and what saved it from being a disappointment.

Gorger

FUCK EVERYTHING

JUST SPENT AN HOUR KILLING THE ADAMANTOISE THEN DECIDE TO FLY BACK TO HAMMERHEAD AND CRASH THE CAR

:)

Wow. The turtle fight is one of the worst most boring time consuming fight I've ever done in my entire life. When I was done with that abomination, I was so afraid of crashes I walked the entire way back. I can't even imagine how frustrated I would be If I'd have to fight that guy over again.

squall211

I actually have been enjoying it a lot and there is A LOT of post game content. You can easily reach 200 hours of gameplay. I got the game guide now and as a completionist it is a heaven sent. There is so much stuff, like whole dungeons and extra cutscenes and conversations, that I would have totally missed. That would have been a shame. Especially since the main story felt very rushed in parts. The open world exploration and questing is for me the best part of the game and what saved it from being a disappointment.

Thanks for that. Maybe I'll check it out then. But where do you actually "start" with the post game content. Are you given any sort of direction or do you just kind of stumble across what to do?

Jennipeg

Beat it yesterday. Overall I enjoyed the game, but one of the things that left a sour taste in my mouth was that you couldn't explore the World of Ruin once you got to hammerhead. I wonder if that will be made possible as a a future update or as some kind of DLC.

I feel like it was a missed opportunity for Noctis to experience what the world had become and because of that choose to accept his fate. They kind of got round it by having him chill in a crystal for 10 years and accept it that way. Time constraints probably.

Tyaren

Thanks for that. Maybe I'll check it out then. But where do you actually "start" with the post game content. Are you given any sort of direction or do you just kind of stumble across what to do?

The post game content is scattered all over the open world part. Some quest lines, like the Cindy one, the game specifically tells you about. Others you have to find for yourself. Which is in my opinion sometimes impossible without any hint. Some quests start with a random item that you pick up somewhere in the middle of the wilderness or you have to sleep at a certain camp in the middle of nowhere or there's a hidden dungeon you only reach with the flying Regalia.
If you are interested in that stuff, maybe you should consider the official Piggyback game guide. Here's the standard version you should be able to get for 15-19€/$:

220614_detail.jpg

It is really in-depth and tells you everything in detail. Even story and lore stuff that is not in the game.
And then there is the Collectors Edition of that guide which was for me worth every penny:

CrXCV0KWAAExvg5.jpg

It's so pretty and comes with a giant map an HQ art print and it contains pages from the art book.

Wow. The turtle fight is one of the worst most boring time consuming fight I've ever done in my entire life. When I was done with that abomination, I was so afraid of crashes I walked the entire way back. I can't even imagine how frustrated I would be If I'd have to fight that guy over again.
The camera is the real enemy. I think I'm just gonna look up a guide that'll let me kill it in 10min.

Shouldn't there be an auto-save after the battle?
Nope, loaded the autosave to Hammerheard before I accepted the hunt.
Sucks.
I accidentally warped out of my fight last night with an 1/16th of his health left.
I can feel ya

Traxtech

Pro tip, dont be like me and spend 3 hours completing Pitios and expect the game to auto save. I crashed my car after leaving it at high time because I couldn't see that dumb ass cliff and had to restart from the beginning... Atleast it only took 30minutes because it was fresh in my head but still, ugh.

vato_loco

I manual save every time I finish doing anyhting remotely time consuming. The nanosecond I left Pitioss, I saved. Twice. I crashed the Regalia as soon as I took off but at that point I didn't even care.

brau

FUCK EVERYTHING

JUST SPENT AN HOUR KILLING THE ADAMANTOISE THEN DECIDE TO FLY BACK TO HAMMERHEAD AND CRASH THE CAR

:)

This just happened to me after beating Pittios. LMAO.

also.. people done disussing that redditor talking about the development of the game? if true, its a shame that so much got cut. Specially the env piece for the Shiva memorial. Wish Tabata was at the helm of this from the very beginning.

Koozek

also.. people done disussing that redditor talking about the development of the game? if true, its a shame that so much got cut. Specially the env piece for the Shiva memorial. Wish Tabata was at the helm of this from the very beginning.
Have you seen the comments from the game's Co-Character Designer, Roberto Ferrari, which lent credibility to the leaks (though they sounded pretty plausible, anyway)?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227169309&postcount=1556

Finished the game today.

- Finished main story.
- All side quests.
- All Menace dungeons.
- Killed the turtle.
- Platinum trophy.

Things that I didn't do:
- Only at level 6 Hunt.

How did you get 4 ribbons? Grinding all the way back up to a second set of 40 Oracle Ascension Coins?

chefbags

Yeah I seriously want to keep playing as Older Noctis. Like I hope future dlc can expand the map after the time skip. And also altissia cause man seeing how huge the map is and the fact that you can only explore a fraction of it made me sad lol.

This annoyed the hell out of me as well. Here is the solution:

1) You should already have it, but if not - get the AP option that makes appendages break with a warp strike.
2) Take the [Old Lestallum?] quest [for spiracorns/dualacorns] and camp nearest to the quest area and use the chicken an egg rice meal to get the 50% drop rate boost (if you don't have this, I think one of the vendors in Lestallum also cooks it anyways).
3) Go to quest area and save a new slot just outside of the yellow zone (this is so you can replay easily if you don't get it).
4) Fight the enemies - you can either clear out the spiracorns and save the dualcorns or focus on the dualcorns as they are they important ones for getting Sturdy Helixhorn.
5) Hold the targeting button and use the right stick to make sure you are targeting a dualcorn's horn for your attacks.
6) Warp strike the horns religiously. Don't bother with other attacks - use the warp points liberally to restore MP.
7) Reload save until you get it - but points 5+6 are the key. Feel no guilt in this method because fuck that drop rate man...

I did this for 3 hours. And I couldn't get the horn. I gave up and decided I would much rather fight the leukorns. So that's what I did, leveled my rank all the way up to 7 and got the basically guaranteed helixhorn

Zafir

Right, there are two you get as quest rewards and then the other two need to be bought with those coins in Altissia (but the game doesn't easily give you many more Oracle Ascension Coins than the first 40 you need to buy the first of two ribbons).
You can farm them to a certain extent. One of the cactuars drops them. There's a spawn point NW of hammer head which can spawn one of two types. It's pretty easy to get one to spawn every morning or during dusk. I've seen the type that drops Ascension coins more so you have at least a 50% chance of getting one each in game day. Just rest till the next day after killing one. Good source of xp too if you don't have rare coins.

I did this for 3 hours. And I couldn't get the horn. I gave up and decided I would much rather fight the leukorns. So that's what I did, leveled my rank all the way up to 7 and got the basically guaranteed helixhorn

Yeah it took me about 3 hours before it dropped. Wasn't impressed.

Tyaren

And also altissia cause man seeing how huge the map is and the fact that you can only explore a fraction of it made me sad lol.

Altissia was my biggest disappointmnet in the entire game. It is actually crazy what they made of Altissia. It's almost as if they are taunting us with how measly it turned out to be. They promised us this huge city that even the developers would get lost in. They literally said that:

"Tomonori continues to say that the city is so huge that even the people working on the game find themselves lost in the place sometimes."
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/124036/20160113/square-enix-discusses-final-fantasy-xv-details-altissia-warp-points-battle-modes-and-more.htm

The blue area is however all we ever get to explore of the city:

31078055164_b9e89f1ab6_o.jpg

What about the pink outlined area? Couldn't they at least have added that area? It looks like it clearly belongs to the rest of the explorable area. *sigh*

Then I found this Youtube video earlier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE2WYUiliIo&feature=youtu.be

So Noctis is able to swim and the assets of that city quarter are also already done? Does that mean we will have to pay for the rest as DLC?

Ishida

Banned
Altissia was my biggest disappointmnet in the entire game. It is actually crazy what they made of Altissia. It's almost as if they are taunting us with how measly it turned out to be. They promised us this huge city that even the developers would get lost in. They literally said that:

"Tomonori continues to say that the city is so huge that even the people working on the game find themselves lost in the place sometimes."
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/124036/20160113/square-enix-discusses-final-fantasy-xv-details-altissia-warp-points-battle-modes-and-more.htm

The blue area is however all we ever get to explore of the city:

31078055164_b9e89f1ab6_o.jpg

That's more than enough for me.

Anything else would've been big for the sake of big. We already got plenty of stores, a hotel, a bar and beautiful vistas.

Hell, people are already complaining about the layout being "too confusing" (lol). Imagine if they made it bigger.

That's more than enough for me.

Anything else would've been big for the sake of big. We already got plenty of stores, a hotel, a bar and beautiful vistas.

Hell, people are already complaining about the layout being "too confusing" (lol). Imagine if they made it bigger.

The size wasn't the problem, it was the verticality and bad layout that made what little we have already confusing.

rhandino

Banned
I stopped playing after the Leviathan fight and yeah... I also remembered that interview and was kind of shocked to see how little you get to explore of the city and encounter more varied sidequests ala Yusnaan, Luxerion, Novigrad, NLA, etc... like any big city in almost any big RPG

And that music... yikes. In fact the music on the populated areas is kind of shitty overall compared to the rest of the OST.

Oh well.

Top Bottom