• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

scarlet

My 1st video games since 2014!

Let's do this!

u22yxBM.jpg

pahamrick

they'll have lines in their unlock maps

If its just for their unlock maps I can deal without having access to them. Dropping almost $100 just on some Amiibos for that much, yeah no. Since I don't have a WiiU and I'm not interested in collecting them, even if I love me some Fire Emblem -- not worth it.

VegiHam

Is there ANY news about the Europe release? I need it!!

Nope. Pretty disgraceful that Nintendo haven't even said anything; still. But hey, at least we can enjoy an already old Pokemon Mystery Dungeon this week. And there's always Yokai Watch.... oh wait.

So I'm in the UK and want this a lot but frustrated by the later release in Europe and lack of release date.

If I have a 3DS bought in the UK, will a US cartridge work? I'm wondering if I order the game from the USA whether I can play it here in the UK or not. Alternatively, I'm also going to the USA in March and could purchase the game there or a bundle.

Essentially I need to know if there are compatability issues between US/EU versions of both the 3DS and the games.

Drop

So I'm in the UK and want this a lot but frustrated by the later release in Europe and lack of release date.

If I have a 3DS bought in the UK, will a US cartridge work? I'm wondering if I order the game from the USA whether I can play it here in the UK or not. Alternatively, I'm also going to the USA in March and could purchase the game there or a bundle.

Essentially I need to know if there are compatability issues between US/EU versions of both the 3DS and the games.

The US game wouldn't work on a UK 3ds as the 3ds is region locked sadly.
Still bummed myself by the lack of EU news, but I'm happy at least the people in the NA can finally enjoy it.

Might stick around since by the spoiler policy seems like the thread should be safe enough.

Miracle

Also, im getting the special edition so I have a question:

Is there any gameplay reasons to play Birthright BEFORE playing Conquest or no?

NeonZ

Is the content with the Amiibo unlocked characters extensive or is it just you get to use them in your party and they have a line or two to say?

During the first two times they're summoned they give you special unique accessories (for visual customization) related to them or their games. The third time activates a battle where you face them (the map itself is reused for all these battles, just with different enemy units at their side, so it's not really an unique chapter for each one).

Each unit has an unique class, character locked weapon and battle voices. Robin's and Ike's classes become available for all characters in paid DLC maps. Marth's and Lucina's can be gotten in a free DLC map, but only one seal per file. Their exclusive weapons are really exclusive though, and can't be obtained or used by any other characters. They don't have supports and aren't compatible with some My Castle functions, but can still take care of stores. When they take care of the weapon shop, each one has an exclusive weapon for sale.

That's all the Amiibo-related content. So, it's nothing really important, although it's not just the characters by themselves either.

So I contacted Amazon because they bumped my PREORDERED copy of Fire Emblem to Tuesday delivery. They said lol sorry here is $10 but Monday is the best we can do. So I cancelled the game, chose the other version with 1 day shipping and got it for 6 dollars less than the other version.

What a farce, lol.

Anyone who ordered the LE from Bestbuy have it ship yet? Finding it a little odd that there's only one day to go and I haven't gotten a notice..

Thoraxes

Anyone who ordered the LE from Bestbuy have it ship yet? Finding it a little odd that there's only one day to go and I haven't gotten a notice..
When I order ship to home from them, my stuff usually ships 8-12 hours before it arrives at my house. I've yet to get anything from them late. I always get it on launch day.
So YMMV obviously.

MrPanic

Like said before, the 3ds is region locked so it won't run on your 3ds. You could get around that if you run homebrew on your 3ds which can allow you to run games from any region, but even then you run into the problem that you can't get the US dlc on a EU 3ds so even that's not a great option in this game's case. Therefore I'd say you might be best off to get a bundle once you're in the states if you got money to spare.

mStudios

Can anyone explain the multiplayer to me?? I read the OT but I'm a little confused.

is it my team vs your team (friend or random), or my team vs a random formed cpu team?

edit: Aaah, I can play a friend or a random online.

Best Buy status updated: Preparing your item for pickup

Ahh yes, can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. Going Birthright as female, Conquest as male and Revelations as female again.

aravuus

And Bravely Second.

I recall reading some pretty damning impressions about that one, but yeah, I guess it's better than nothing

I'm not sure I'll buy the next Nintendo handheld if it's region-locked too, or at the very least I'll wait some years before getting it.

Thoraxes

Best Buy status updated: Preparing your item for pickup

Ahh yes, can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. Going Birthright as female, Conquest as male and Revelations as female again.

Mine is being prepared for pickup too~

Though i'm gonna play as male for Sakura and Camilla in both my playthroughs.

I'll probably switch it up for Revelation though.

pahamrick

Still can't believe Nintendo got away with this versions nonsense for FE.

There'd probably be a lot more push back against it if it was essentially like they do for Pokemon, instead of having different stories and gameplay for the two different versions.

I'm just ecstatic that I'm probably looking at 600+ hours of new Fire Emblem, if my hours in Awakening were anything to go by.

One vital piece of information for the FAQ that some people will probably be looking for: soft reset. It was L+R+Start in Awakening, and I've heard it's the same for Fates although I haven't confirmed it myself. (Picking up my all-in-one edition tomorrow, I hope.)

CSX

One vital piece of information for the FAQ that some people will probably be looking for: soft reset. It was L+R+Start in Awakening, and I've heard it's the same for Fates although I haven't confirmed it myself. (Picking up my all-in-one edition tomorrow, I hope.)
It's in JPN version. Probably not removed

jorgejjvr

I played awakening on hard, but I've heard that this game's normal is like awakening hard

But is that just conquest, or all three?

What would you guys recommend

Ok, I know everyone says not to buy both versions physically, but what if you have 2 people in a household that are interested in all the routes and want to play on their own 3DS'? My sister already ordered the Physical Conquest + Digital Birthright dual pack at BB. Since Conquest is the one I'm interested in, what would I be missing out in Revelations if I only use the Conquest cart for my n3DS?

Basically, would I be missing anything (besides Birthright, obviously) if the setup were like this:

Her 3DS - Conquest (Physical), Birthright and Revelations (Digital)

My 3DS - Conquest (Physical), Revelations (Digital)

Feeroper

I have been avoiding info on these games to not get spoiled, but I see in the OT that it is better to have 1 physical and the rest digital (since I didn't get the SE before it sold out)?

Oh man, I'm pretty torn - I pre-ordered both physically, not realizing that you got additional content by downloading the other 2. However, I am one of those that prefers having the physical copy. From what I understand, up to a point in the game you can switch paths? I assume if I have the other version physically that isn't possible?

Is there any benefit to having both physically at all? This completely threw me for a loop, Ill have to re-think how I want to do this. I wish they would have just made more of the SE versions with all 3.

For those that are going digital and want to know how big it is to have birthright/conquest and the other as DLC the total blocks for both is 14,346 blocks no idea on how much it is for all 3.

Not to face rub it in, but mine is out for delivery today. Just in time, too. I've been in a pretty serious game hole lately with nothing to play.

Linkark07

Banned
Not to face rub it in, but mine is out for delivery today. Just in time, too. I've been in a pretty serious game hole lately with nothing to play.

Well, if I lived in the US I would play it tomorrow. But that isn't the reality :(
After Florida, it will take some days before it comes to Panama.

Thoraxes

If you guys really need to pat some heads or touch some faces, Nekopara Volume 2 (which also releases tomorrow) has you covered.

MiTYH

Birthright got delivered yesterday! Played up to Ch3, which was relatively quick. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it

Forkball

I won't stand for this slander against Hoshido.

I'll be playing Birthright on hard. I'm glad to see both versions are getting really high scores because initially people made it seem like Birthright was a baby game for babies.

When I order ship to home from them, my stuff usually ships 8-12 hours before it arrives at my house. I've yet to get anything from them late. I always get it on launch day.
So YMMV obviously.

This has also been my experience. Best Buy hasn't let me down yet.

Vinc

So there's absolutely no way to play revelation with two separate physical copies of Conquest and Birthright, right? :(

pahamrick

So there's absolutely no way to play revelation with two separate physical copies of Conquest and Birthright, right? :(

You can still get Revelation as DLC, you'll just be missing out on some stuff for having all 3 connected by having 1 physical and the other path and Revelation as DLC.

Vinc

You can still get Revelation as DLC, you'll just be missing out on some stuff for having all 3 connected by having 1 physical and the other path and Revelation as DLC.

Oh, that's good! Any idea what kind of scope the stuff I'd be missing out on has?

pahamrick

Oh, that's good! Any idea what kind of scope the stuff I'd be missing out on has?

Bonuses: Those who own multiple routes can receive item presents by interacting with the Crystal Ball in My Castle and going to the “Bonuses” option.

Of note, you can redeem two Dread Scrolls (for the Dread Fighter class) when you own two or more routes and two Ebon Wings (for the Dark Falcon class) when you own three routes.

Plus, you get 3 extra save slots for each route you have for a total of 9. That's why it was recommended to only get one path as physical if you didn't get the SE.

-EDIT-

Also, I think you can earn clear bonuses that will transfer to the other path when you own it as DLC. Can't transfer clear bonuses between two physical copies.

Vinc

Plus, you get 3 extra save slots for each route you have for a total of 9. That's why it was recommended to only get one path as physical if you didn't get the SE.

Thanks a bunch, I'll try to make a decision... the big issue is basically that both me and my GF want to play the whole game on separate systems, hopefully at the same time, for as cheap as possible...

Ryuukan

From the official PR

Fans that want to play through all three versions can purchase them all separately, or pick up the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition bundle, which launches at select retail locations on Feb. 19 and includes all three games on a single game card, an artbook and a Nintendo 3DS pouch at a suggested retail price of $79.99.

its that easy guys

Top Bottom