• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First footage and cast photo Netflix's Voltron: Legendary Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

batbeg

Never watched Voltron but that trailer got me hyped. I'm running out of anime and cartoons I'm interested in on Netflix so this is good timing.

Uh oh top of page.

Especially given the actual 80s Voltron had quite terrible voice acting (and sound quality).

The upgrade in Pidge from some kind of weird troll voice in the original show to an actual human actress alone is notable.

It varied actually. The earlier episodes were by far the worse however listening to Fleet of Doom its actually pretty good. Compare the Form Voltron sequence from episode 4 to the one in Fleet of Doom - Neil Ross, voice of Keith was really into it later on.

Maybe it was just the issues with dubbing in general. Voltron Third Dimension, for all the problems it had voice acting was not one of them and they had much of the original cast working on it.

NastyBook

Trailer didn't look bad. Been enjoying the original animated stuff Netflix has been bringing to the table. Will watch this as soon as it's up.

Ithil

I will also say, this is very clearly by the Korra creators and animation studio, right down to the facial expressions of the characters and the way they stand.

I will also say, this is very clearly by the Korra creators and animation studio, right down to the facial expressions of the characters and the way they stand.
It almost literally all of the same crew, not the least of which is living legend Steve Ahn, who probably boarded the expressive throwaway shot that's making its way around tumblr.

Here's a bonus Korra by him from his blog.

huge image said:
tumblr_o4zro45w9H1ruqydoo1_1280.jpg

Hamlet

Trailer wasn't amazing or anything but it was still alright. Still going to watch it though just because of the talent behind. Hoping for good things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom