• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at Final Fantasy XVs avatar creation system, will be used in multiplayer

Proposal: They plan for their next game to have a character creator and feel like building the feature now.

This is my guess as well, particularly after Tabata's comments on the game, and Luminous as a whole, now being a testing ground for "graphical experiments" and other ideas in BD2.

Galang

Banned
This is awesome. I'll buy the game as soon as it lets me swap the main cast for females. Will be doing my first playthrough as Destiny's Child. Hoping it will let me do this properly

Why are people confused when we were already told this was happening? The game is gonna have a multiplayer component so I don't get why this is weird but its a FFXV thread so everyone should be doom and gloom

JayEH

STOP THIS MADNESS SQUARE

Nobody asked for this. NOT A SINGLE PERSON.

What the fuck are you doing?!?!?

Work on FF15-2 or on FF16 for fuck's sake........... Jesus Christ......... what. are. you. doing. ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I didn't know tabata's team was the only one at square.

On topic: I'm interested to see where the Mp stuff leads. If they have the right amount of content it could be some good fun. Monster Hunter esque.

Ray Down

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;229955489 said:
Why are people confused when we were already told this was happening?

I imagine people didn't see the multiple threads this was discussed in or news.

What'd be different if they treat the character like Vaan from FF12? I mean what would be different if we had a self insert added in his place (and/or panelo too)

Well, I just don't like Vaan, so I'd agree to that, but if FF continues like it does with character specifc stories, it would seem odd to me. It could work in a Dragon Quest game though since the MC never speaks. It would also be cool if we could get a female MC in a DQ.

If you think this is a bad idea, you must think that playing online with 3 other variants of noctis is a good idea?

Or were you expecting a lobby system where you choose a role and wait to match someone else's party? - no thanks

Aru

Create-a-character does not belong in single-player FF's, I will never stop bitching if they do this.

As long as it's optional/part of some secondary mode, it's okay. But I would feel the same as you if they made a single player FF game where the player creates his own avatar. What a way to kill immersion.

pashmilla

Banned
If you can make a whole party of avatars, I'm going to recreate my AU fantasy where the party consists of Luna, Gentiana, Aranea and Iris. Cindy can be their mechanic who wears comfortable and practical clothing
im still mad

BasilZero

Dat steam controller box lol

Not sure if I will ever get into no considering I don't have ps+....

Just wish they would focus on the character dlcs first and foremost before jumping into a new aspect.

sensui-tomo

Well, I just don't like Vaan, so I'd agree to that, but if FF continues like it does with character specifc stories, it would seem odd to me. It could work in a Dragon Quest game though since the MC never speaks. It would also be cool if we could get a female MC in a DQ.

DQ4 with broccoli hair female heroine says Hello. Hell i consider her to be the canon hero instead of the male MC.

Shifty

The game remains an unfinished mess, and SE is busy implementing off-road driving and a character creator

FUCK

Arkeband

Banned

They did it in DQ9 and the cast was completely forgettable. There is no recognizable character from that game because they're whatever you want them to be. For all anyone knows, that game is the one with the four Krillins.

DQ4 with broccoli hair female heroine says Hello. Hell i consider her to be the canon hero instead of the male MC.

A binary choice is magnitudes different than a character creator. They did it in DQ3 too, but they still shared the same exact design, like DQ4's. They didn't say "Loto was 8 feet tall with a bright red afro and clown makeup - also, he was simultaneously a three foot tall one-legged feral child."

evolve9

Haha what the hell, when multiplayer was mentioned for the first time I thought it would be some asynchronous stuff. This is crazy, and pretty interesting, I'm interested to see how this will turn out. If it's some kind of a Monster Hunter clone, I'll be all over it.

The game remains an unfinished mess, and square are busy implementing of-road driving and a character creator?

FUCK

The only thing that's unfinished is the story, which they plan to correct. It's almost as if they can work on multiple things at once and development isn't linear!

Ray Down

Banned
Dat steam controller box lol

Not sure if I will ever get into no considering I don't have ps+....

Just wish they would focus on the character dlcs first and foremost before jumping into a new aspect

They are...we got date for Galdio and release window for Prompto.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I would not want a create a character main character for FFXVI.

Would end up like a trash developed Bethesda Soft works protagonist.

muteki

The game remains an unfinished mess, and SE is busy implementing off-road driving and a character creator

FUCK

Would you really want the programmers and engineers working on those features to be fixing the shit story?

(not saying they wouldn't do a better job, but that isn't what they are there for.)

Jonnax

Hahhahahaha. I wouldn't be surprised if this takes place in the world of ruin and turns out to be a dating sim.

Ugh.....
Don't know what to think.
Is there anyone who asked for this?
My friends and I?

We would fucking love to run around all of FFXV fucking shit up and doing hunts together. In fact we all got Pros in anticipation for it.

Love all the hate a really cool free feature is getting. Gaf is something else sometimes.

Skulldead

FUCK

yeah , this game need way more solo content, balancing, basic freaking thing before thinking releasing a avatar creator....

As much i'm not a big fan of TW3.... at least they were aiming the right direction with update.

I can't believe they waste time with useless feature...

Thorzilla

MH co-op multiplayer in a FFXV
World of Ruin
setting with character creation?

I'm down! Can't get enough XV.

Shifty

The only thing that's unfinished is the story, which they plan to correct. It's almost as if they can work on multiple things at once and development isn't linear!

Would you really want the programmers and engineers working on those features to be fixing the shit story?

(not saying they wouldn't do a better job, but that isn't what they are there for.)

I'd rather see them to polish off some of the jank than spend valuable development time implementing new and equally unpolished features that nobody asked for.

Patching in improvements is one thing, adding new features to your early-access game is quite another.

Arkeband

Banned
We would fucking love to run around all of FFXV fucking shit up and doing hunts together. In fact we all got Pros in anticipation for it.

No offense to you and your friends really looking forward to holding O against health sponges, but the novelty of this is going to wear off fast. Maybe in a better game.

Now I'm curious to know how would the combat works. Would it be based on the weapons equipped?
I'm excited about this honestly. Can't wait to try it!

But please, don't make a FFXVI with a character creation for the main protagonist.

Top Bottom