• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at Final Fantasy XVs avatar creation system, will be used in multiplayer

Kyari

Not surprised to hear it's related to the multiplayer component. That seemed like the obvious conclusion when they announced both of those features, but I really hope there's a gender option.

Wagram

You really have to wonder if they're wasting their time with all these updates. How many people will replay the game to see the Chapter 13 changes or how many will actually test this out? I can't imagine it'll be enough to warrant all this effort.

ReaperXL7

I'm so down for this feature,Being able to create my own protag in an mainline FF game is a big deal for me since I know that SE would never put the time in to make a Native American MC and even if they did I just don't think they would be able to handle it correctly which I don't really hold their feet to the fire for since it's not something I would expect Japanese devs to have a lot of knowledge about.

It'll be even better if the MC is customizable from the start in XVI as some have suggested.

I'd rather see them to polish off some of the jank than spend valuable development time implementing new and equally unpolished features that nobody asked for.

Patching in improvements is one thing, adding new features to your early-access game is quite another.

But they are? And development teams work on different items.

They plan to patch in improvements. There's a roadmap available to see that they are. Don't understand how adding more content in addition to adding more to the story, correcting some gameplay issues, and smoothing out other areas is a bad thing but hey, fuck FFXV am I right?

Breakage

Maybe this is the plan for all future numbered FF games - an "online multiplayer component" to complement the main [single-player] game.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Ugh, why are they spending so much effort adding content to this game? I enjoyed XV but I feel no desire to go back to it any time soon.

I'd much rather see them go full steam ahead with XVI.

I never even knew a multiplayer was a part of this game but hell im all for it, especially since we can create our own avatar.

I assume it'll be a monster hunting type of experience

Kyari

Ugh, why are they spending so much effort adding content to this game? I enjoyed XV but I feel no desire to go back to it any time soon.

I'd much rather see them go full steam ahead with XVI.

Wow it's almost as if big studios have multiple teams with separate budgets and resources.

mollipen

Create-a-character does not belong in single-player FF's, I will never stop bitching if they do this.

Nah, at this point, do it. Go the Mass Effect route. I trust myself to come up with a better MC design than I do SE at this point. (Though, to be fair, I actually liked Noctis, but he's been the exception rather than the rule ever since FFVI.)

I have to agree with the other about not wanting a create-a-character protagonist for XVI. Not looking forward to looking sad at the lack of skin tone and black hair options in a FF game.

image.php

It's okay for this or a spinoff, but that's it.

rockx4

I'm all for create a character, haven't liked most of their recent designs. If there's no create a character for the next game, I'd want the entire XIV team doing it. Hell just build XVI based on XIV.

Definitely do not want a character creator as a replacement for actual characters with personalities and unique designs from the artists that create them. It's fine for side components like this, but I hope it doesn't become a thing.

Definitely do not want a character creator as a replacement for actual characters with personalities and unique designs from the artists that create them. It's fine for side components like this, but I hope it doesn't become a thing.

I don't think this will happen to the main series. They will always create a unique protagonist.

CryptiK

The camera can't even keep track of Noctis half the time, how in the fuck do you think co-op would make the game better?
Whats the camera got to do with Coop?

Im happy this shit is coming more features more fun. Unlike other games that push out the story and done. Stay mad.

Mediking

You really have to wonder if they're wasting their time with all these updates. How many people will replay the game to see the Chapter 13 changes or how many will actually test this out? I can't imagine it'll be enough to warrant all this effort.

+1000

But apparently there are people playing this game nonstop and are eager for motr. I'm done with the game. I cant even bring myself to care about the Season Pass content. There just isn't enough pull for me.

ReaperXL7

That's an easy thing to say when you don't have to worry about lack of representation in the medium.

The first, third, and the two online ones

Guys really. No shit the online ones are going to have character creators. Across the series as a whole it isn't the norm at all.

Grewitch

STOP THIS MADNESS SQUARE

Nobody asked for this. NOT A SINGLE PERSON.

What the fuck are you doing?!?!?

Work on FF15-2 or on FF16 for fuck's sake........... Jesus Christ......... what. are. you. doing. ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hey pal, somebody asked for this, if i wanted to play the game, I would ask for this.

And how do you know they're not working on the next games? What information do you have, pal? Is it possible that this feauture might get added to the next game?

Like, bloody hell, calm down.

STOP THIS MADNESS SQUARE

Nobody asked for this. NOT A SINGLE PERSON.

What the fuck are you doing?!?!?

Work on FF15-2 or on FF16 for fuck's sake........... Jesus Christ......... what. are. you. doing. ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

why does it.........have to be......asked. for. to. be. put. in. a. game.?!?!?!

What exactly is this multiplayer component they're talking about? The article sounds like it was something that was announced before.

I could've swore they talked about some kind of multiplayer aspect of the game before release.

DarkKyo

I hope we can make them as beautiful and effeminate as Noctis is(my type of FF character). I don't want to be some bald weirdo.

Arkeband

Banned
I, III, XI, XIV... that's a pretty good chunk of the series without a unique protagonist

Stuffing online spinoffs into the mainline series is a cute marketing move only employed by SQEX, but there's a distinct difference between those and the single player mainline games.

I'd rather a mainline FF have defined characters with voice acting - FF14 characters are silent, voiceless vessels just witnessing the things going on around them.

mollipen

I'd rather a mainline FF have defined characters with voice acting - FF14 characters are silent, voiceless vessels just witnessing the things going on around them.

Western devs have been doing that for years while also allowing for character customization. Why can't Japanese devs do the same?

Top Bottom