• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at Final Fantasy XVs avatar creation system, will be used in multiplayer

Story DLC, new abilities, new equipment, new superbosses, performance improvements, balance fixes, more guest characters and summons: yes please, I loved this stuff in the International versions and I'll love it here

Time-limited events, DLC costumes: sure, whatever

Multiplayer mode, create-a-character, virtual reality, offroad driving: wtf are you doing squeenix

Tyaren

Br00TCn.gif

If I was an up and coming businessman and decided to open a salt mine in this thread, I would have so much money that I could raise an army and overthrow Trump and Putin. I would also be able to buy some movie and game properties.

Seriously people calm down. Why is every thread with the same people coming in and spouting doom and gloom? Why haven't you moved on?

Breakage

I wouldn't be surprised if FFXVI is pencilled in as a next-gen title. Extending XV like this is probably SE's way of tacitly saying "no more numbered Final Fantasys this gen guys".

Sizzel

le sigh. I joked about multiplayer...and the joke is real.

I suppose I should have known this was coming. Not mad, disappointed. Still waiting on getting this game since the story patches were announced. I am glad people like this game and the problem is mine that I am living in nostalgia with square and FF.

le sigh. I joked about multiplayer...and the joke is real.

I suppose I should have known this was coming. Not mad, disappointed. Still waiting on getting this game since the story patches were announced. I am glad people like this game and the problem is mine that I am living in nostalgia with square and FF.

They announced it months ago

JayEH

I wouldn't be surprised if FFXVI is pencilled in as a next-gen title. Extending XV like this is probably SE's way of tacitly saying "no more numbered Final Fantasys this gen guys".

I think FF7R was their way of saying that.

Pejo

Gold Member
You know about 90% of GAF is ironically going to make Lightning and post their pics with the caption "She must not be forgotten"

I'm curious to see what the multiplayer is going to be. It seems like it would be tough to code with the way dodging works, to have online multiplayer without severe lag.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I think it's way more likely that they're creating this for a spin-off using the same engine than for FFXVI.

Maybe FFXV-2 will be focused on nameless hunters.

Arkeband

Banned
If I was an up and coming businessman and decided to open a salt mine in this thread, I would have so much money that I could raise an army and overthrow Trump and Putin. I would also be able to buy some movie and game properties.

Seriously people calm down. Why is every thread with the same people coming in and spouting doom and gloom? Why haven't you moved on?

"Salt": I think these are bad features and this is why.

"Not Salt": too negative! leave the thread and never come back!!11

No offense to you and your friends really looking forward to holding O against health sponges, but the novelty of this is going to wear off fast. Maybe in a better game.

It must be hard to feel so marginalized by the vast amount of people not only loving the game, but enjoying the combat as well that you're reduced to posting nonsense like this. Maybe one day someone will pay attention to you.

Quonny

Cool.

All these 'why' posts are confusing. FFXV was clearly a bunch of semi-baked ideas thrown into game, for better or worse. So they're continuing on that path with all these features and experiments so that when we get FFXVI or FFXV-2 they've had the experience to make these features truly great.

I for one love this beautiful mess.

PepperedHam

The multiplayer was announced ages ago.

Also why are people so... enraged? Bewildered? Sad? Some of the reactions on here to the most innocent stuff are fuckin weird.

Nameless

This is actually the one thing I'm semi-excited for on the FFXV road map. Sure as hell wasn't attached to any of the main characters proper, maybe making my own will do the trick. Need an option for a red headed female, though, or why bother?

Geg

Also technically FF1 started with you creating your characters so I could potentially see them doing that as a modernized throwback to the original game or something. Though personally if they do go through with it I hope it's for a spinoff game rather than FFXVI.

LordofPwn

If anything this makes me very interested in what Square does for FFXVI. Will it be mass effect like? interesting very interesting.

Shifty

But they are? And development teams work on different items.

They plan to patch in improvements. There's a roadmap available to see that they are. Don't understand how adding more content in addition to adding more to the story, correcting some gameplay issues, and smoothing out other areas is a bad thing but hey, fuck FFXV am I right?

The non-linear development argument would probably hold more water if the game's issues weren't widespread enough to occupy multiple dev teams.
More content is all well and good, but only if it's built on a solid foundation. As things stand, FFXV is not a solid foundation.

But hey, I can generalize too, fuck expecting a finished product on launch day week month year in 2017 am I right?

Arkeband

Banned
It must be hard to feel so marginalized by the vast amount of people not only loving the game, but enjoying the combat as well that you're reduced to posting nonsense like this. Maybe one day someone will pay attention to you.

but all I wanted was attention, can I join your cult for Sloppily Made Games? I'd be over the moon if FFXV developed Face Tattoos next. Can't argue with FREE face tattoos, haters!

Same. Amazing to see people bitch and moan about someone expanding and bettering their game. Holy shit.

It kinda puzzles me to be completely honest. They have people dedicated to updates, others to work on DLC, and others to do some experiments for future content. With the exception of the DLC laid out in the Season Pass, everything is free.

But apparently a development team wanting to better their game and make it more enjoyable for fans is a bad thing. It's egregiously funny when most of the people who are "angry" are the ones who keep saying the game is unfinished.

Everyone seemed excited when the multiplayer news was announced months ago lmao. Why the sudden anger?

You know why.

pashmilla

Banned
I'll play with the character creator because I'm an absolute slut for them. I really hope it's good (at least DAI level with the sliders and axes and stuff, or even better Dragon's Dogma with being able to choose body type and posture) and not just Skyrim-style selecting from several presets with like 3 hairstyles.

HeelPower

What if FF16 is a return to the concept behind FF1.In that game there was no "lead characters" but it was a number of avatars occupying classes.

Meowster

What if FF16 is a return to the concept behind FF1.In that game there was no "lead characters" but it was a number of avatars occupying classes.
I think this would be amazing and no one would really have the right to be mad at it because it has happened before in the past. Haters would still be mad though.

Top Bottom