• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Tomb Raider Movie Poster

You got to see an unreleased trailer by doing that?

I don't think so.

I mean, you can either take my opinion or not. I really don't care. And yes, you can. You have to agree to not share anything from it or record it, and they have watermarks out the ass on the videos with your IP and other identifying information so if you try to leak it they'll fine you 200,000$ and easily be able to figure out it was you.

I really dunno what you want me to say. It's also not guaranteed the Trailer I saw will be the one released tomorrow considering I gave feedback on what I wanted to see more or less in the trailer and even down to what Genre I think the movie would be and what Genre I'd want it to be. Any random person can do this and see early trailers if they get a survey for them. I've also seen Pilots of TV shows that haven't even been shown to networks yet. Heck, some parts in the trailer I saw used very early CG that wasn't even finished. I dunno why it's that hard to believe. Lol

Again, it's impossible to share unless that person wants to be fined 200,000$ due to NDA's you agree to beforehand, but payment is garbage, about 45-80 cents at best.

kEBNXH2.jpg

uQUCeoh.gif

Terrible poster and, after RotTR, I'm completely sick of this crappy reboot Lara. The sooner the series reboots back to the actual real Lara the better.

You got to see an unreleased trailer by doing that?

I don't think so.

I can't speak for that specific site, but movie trailers are often screened for focus tests long before they are released to the general public. My local mall has a place that runs focus screenings. You get 5 bucks for an hour of watching trailers and answering questions about those trailers.

The poster looks so over-done

However, I actually have hopes for this movie. The first two movies were blockbusters and boosted Angelina's career. Alicia is a well-established actress and I just hope it turns out to be a fun action movie ( it won't be a quality movie obviously if it's based on 2013's plot )

Kinyou

Holy hell, when the tree branch breaks and she smacks her face into it on the way down... This is going to be a wonderful piece of shit.
That was the only shot in there that didn't feel generic but I wonder how people will react if she takes as much of a beating as she does in the game.

BadWolf

the movie sucking won't be on Vikander. Unless you think Idris Elba & Matthew McConaughey also suck because the Dark Tower wasnt so hot.

How good she is in other movies is irrelevant.

Fans will judge her in terms of Lara Croft.

If she isn't received well as the character then she wasn't much of a get.

That was the only shot in there that didn't feel generic but I wonder how people will react if she takes as much of a beating as she does in the game.
Oh, there is almost no way they get away with that sort of brutality in the film. Alicia would literally be soaked with blood from head to toe by the end.

General audiences wouldn't gel with that sort of shit.

NeoRaider

Ppl keep forgetting that Lara is young and inexperienced in this movie. :/

Teaser looked ok, and better than that poster. But will wait for the full thing then judge.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
lol tomb raider is lucky it gets an actress of vikander's quality
I have no clue who she is, and regardless of the quality of the old films
She is a B-list actress compared to even the supporting cast of the original films.
So no, they could of got better but probably couldn't and never will get the Star list from the originals.
This is probably a big thing for Vikander.

Griss

If you showed 100 gamers that picture without any text or context, would a single one of them go "Hey, that's Lara Croft"? I doubt it.

Fredrik

I have no clue who she is, and regardless of the quality of the old films
She is a B-list actress compared to even the supporting cast of the original films.
So no, they could of got better but probably couldn't and never will get the Star list from the originals.
This is probably a big thing for Vikander.
B-list? She's an Oscar winner. Google her, as an actress she's fantastic. She's just no Lara Croft.

wazoo

Vikander is not a AAA actress, at least in terms of box office, but her trajectory is bound to get her here.

Judging from that poster and teaser looks like Fassbender and Vikander gonna be the power couple of shitty video game movies.

Really hope the trailer has also a Kanye song.

Memento

I feel like it is going to have a worse story than Tomb Raider 2013, which makes me kind of anxious to see how bad it is

Top Bottom