• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Tomb Raider Movie Poster

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
B-list? She's an Oscar winner. Google her, as an actress she's fantastic. She's just no Lara Croft.
Do you know how many actor's have a Oscar, I'm not questioning her acting skills.
But people making her out to be a AAA household name when she's not.
I understand people like her but come on there are less known actresses that are higher on the A-list.
And that is my point.

dcelw540

Judging from that poster and teaser looks like Fassbender and Vikander gonna be the power couple of shitty video game movies.

Really hope the trailer has also a Kanye song.

Holy shit forget they're dating. That's adorable they'll have matching rotten tomato scores <3

Blobbers

2013 Lara is such an uninteresting, poorly written character. Anyone could've told you that making a movie based on her and her journey would end up being boring as shit, generic, derivative. Alicia Vikander going full camp could've saved it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's obvious they're banking on the Lara Croft brand exclusively to bring in the mula

2013 Lara is such an uninteresting, poorly written character. Anyone could've told you that making a movie based on her and her journey would end up being boring as shit, generic, derivative. Alicia Vikander going full camp could've saved it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's obvious they're banking on the Lara Croft brand exclusively to bring in the mula

It was much better than the original Lara though. She never had much of a personality back then and it was much better in the 2013 version. I honestly didn't have much problems with her character.

Because Lara is stupid to pronounce. Her name was originally Laura in development, should've stayed it.

As for the film; This is why the new $10 MoviePass exists. I'll go watch it for lols.

I honestly didn't know that. That's interesting.

I have no clue who she is, and regardless of the quality of the old films
She is a B-list actress compared to even the supporting cast of the original films.
So no, they could of got better but probably couldn't and never will get the Star list from the originals.
This is probably a big thing for Vikander.

B-list actress? Are we even talking about the same actress ??

lindseybp

Poster is blah. They could have come up with something better than her standing in front of a bunch of water and rocks. That does not scream Tomb Raider to me. Still going to give the pic a chance though. They just need a better poster. And yes she has giraffe neck in this...what were they thinking.

That's fucking garbage, she looks ugly, her neck is wtf, the artificial lighting and back-to-camera pose is so overdone by now. She doesn't even look like Lara neither. I really hate that this movie is based off the crappy reboot.

kevin1025

Banned
I have no clue who she is, and regardless of the quality of the old films
She is a B-list actress compared to even the supporting cast of the original films.
So no, they could of got better but probably couldn't and never will get the Star list from the originals.
This is probably a big thing for Vikander.

She's B-list only if you watch a specific kind of movie. She's been A-list for a few years now.

lindseybp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enLIWGK9cC8

Maybe im crazy... but is this a B movie?

Fuck that does not look good. Not quite Sharknado level of horrible but not great. I mean that slow motion look as that thing rolls past her is just dumb as hell....I mean it's not like she's a freaking superhero. It's almost like they literally are trying to show us a real life game with her jumping around and shit. Hopefully the trailer tomorrow looks better.

Memento

I agree she looks nothing like Lara too

And she looks stupid... especially running in that teaser

Looks like the actress is good though according to some people here, so we will see

kaskade

Holy shit, the bow is one of her main weapons and they didn’t even teach her how to use one for the movie? I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt that maybe it was just a clip cut short.

Hupsel

Damn the hate...

The actress looks good as Lara. Not easy to find a 100% representation of the videogame character... besides, games and movies are different mediums so they can take some freedom here and slightly change the characters a bit as they see fit. Otherwise guys please complain that Daenerys isn´t a 14yo dragon ruler in the GoT TV series.

The movie probably isn´t going to be good, yes, but that was kinda expected. Hopefully it can be bad but still good fun.

NeoRaider

Seems like you suffer from prosopagnosia. Vikander doesn't look anything like reboot lara.

So you think that she doesn't look like Lara, which means that you disagree with me. And you say that i suffer from prosopagnosia??

Ok, i am done with this thread.

Skyr

They should've just pasted her face on this poster.

1114ul1g.jpg

XS5LK.gif

#shotcaller

Top Bottom