• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 · Review Thread

adelante

Some embarrasing fucking posts in this thread, by people who haven't played the full game, no less. People ridiculing the 7 scores remind me of the uncharted 3 review thread.

Good scores overall. Game looks like a winner.
Lol what??? The reactions here are NOTHING like that thread.

derFeef

Lol what??? The reactions here are NOTHING like that thread.

It's Hoo-doo....
Ignoring the fact that there was a Demo out, we had pre-embargo 1-hour streams and got a good impression of the full game because of that. I am sure we can say that Polygon does not like Horizon much, seeing they also reviewed the first game really low.

tumblr_n8umkq7IP61tgfio7o1_250.gif

Your not going to be giving up on this one I see.

Soon to be a livery.

Great scores so far, I'm very happy for Playground and Turn 10.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Grumpy this morning?

If you don't think it's a little embarrassing to post 'LOL' and hilarious reaction gifs for a 7/10 review score when you haven't played the full game and the reviewers have, then I don't know what to tell you. It's a weird mindset. Why not actually read the review.

It's Hoo-doo....
Ignoring the fact that there was a Demo out, we had pre-embargo 1-hour streams and got a good impression of the full game because of that. I am sure we can say that Polygon does not like Horizon much, seeing they also reviewed the first game really low.

Ah yes, you played a demo and watched a stream. Surely you are now fit to review the game.

Cringe.

Press-Start said:
Forza Horizon 2 is the best racing game available on PS4 or Xbox One.
Well this review certainly fills itself with validity.

If you don't think it's a little embarrassing to post 'LOL' and hilarious reaction gifs for a 7/10 review score when you haven't played the full game and the reviewers have, then I don't know what to tell you. It's a weird mindset. Why not actually read the review.
Words get in the way. Give me the numbers!!!! You're right, it is funny. I mean if you read some of the 8s and 9s they often read no different to the 7s, but hey-ho.

derFeef

I was more talking about how you worded it. I wrote above why the reactions could be like that. But comparing it with the UC3 dilemma is a little overboard.

Ah yes, you played a demo and watched a stream. Surely you are now fit to review the game.

Cringe.

Huh, where did I say anything about the review? I am not judging anything, just trying to explain it.

What if you have played the full game and find a 7/10 LOL worthy? :p

Bishop89

It really is fantastic. the demo for it is incredible..and its just a lot of fun. reminds me of PGR4. The reason the "7" is being questioned is because the game was shown off early and we were given access to it. It's a surprise because the demo was so damn good that it reflected a "9" score all around rather than a 7.

it is still upto the reviewer what score it gets, I mean a lot of people played the destiny alpha/beta and thought it was pretty good, yet a lot of review sites gave it a 7.

Spades

Horizon 2 sets an intimidatingly high bar for those games to meet on every front, but in one aspect it seems unbeatable. I can't imagine any of them are going to feel this happy.

What an excellent quote from Eurogamer, man. Having played the full game myself for a good few hours last night, I have to agree. I had a permanent smile etched on my face the entire time. The game is breathtakingly good.

Horizon 2 sets an intimidatingly high bar for those games to meet on every front, but in one aspect it seems unbeatable. I can't imagine any of them are going to feel this happy.

What an excellent quote from Eurogamer, man. Having played the full game myself for a good few hours last night, I have to agree. I had a permanent smile etched on my face the entire time. The game is breathtakingly good.

That's good to hear, that's how I felt when playing the demo, and for the majority of my time spent with the first Horizon. It doesn't bode well for my productivity over the next month or so, though.

keit4

Banned

Cringe.

Oh, you edited the UC3 part out.

About that, is not even close.

p3tran

Banned
The Uncharted 3 thread was people having meltdowns at Eurogamer over a great score 8/10. This thread isn't like that. I do think Polygon can be pedantic at times but each to their own. Congrats Playground Games.

Leonsito

Great reviews all around, even the ones with the lowest scores point that the game is better than the first Horizon in every aspect, can't wait!

Hoo-doo

Banned
Oh, you edited the UC3 part out.

About that, is not even close.

I didn't?

Of course i'm not saying that the situations are remotely the same, but it does remind me of that thread. Just the outrage at a lower digit coming from people who simply are not in the position to know whether that score is actually deserved or not. That is all.

I don't see what the fuss is over the Polygon review, they have the right to their opinion, and besides, they seem to think that the game is better than the first Horizon. I could hardly give it a better compliment myself.

red731

Games Tiscali (Czech Rep)
games.tiscali.cz - 9/10

Dirty translated summary :

Noticable improvements on all sides. Driving model hit the proverbial golden center, visuals are breathtaking and drivatars finally make sense. If fifth Forza game was a reason to buy a console, then this years FH2 takes this baton.

derFeef

I don't see what the fuss is over the Polygon review, they have the right to their opinion, and besides, they seem to think that the game is better than the first Horizon. I could hardly give it a better compliment myself.

I just read it myself. And like I said in the other thread, I can see why one would knock the game for some "emptyness" for example. Then I read the NFS:R review and they gave that a 8.5 just because it lays a great foundation for future NFS games - despite it being broken...

MaulerX

It's a good thing I'm getting an extra day off next week. Loved the demo and these reviews are just gravy on the hype train. Can't wait.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Everyone gets upset with polygon reviews. I think fair play to anyone's opinion. I actually like Arthur as well. I don't agree with him on this point, but hey. Dude gets a lot of hate but all of the rebel fm guys are cool in my book.

Can not wait for release date. Game seems to be incredible

Top Bottom