• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive for PC spotted on Amazon.fr

XavandSo

Neo Member
There goes any reason to buy an Xbone.
Yep. A console without proper exclusives will die a painful death. If the Xbox One had no worthwhile exclusives because they were all on PC, what would stop anyone getting a PS4? The multiplats run better on it anyway.

Continue destroying the Xbox One's value proposition, Microsoft. Good going.

Tratorn

Yep. A console without proper exclusives will die a painful death. If the Xbox One had no worthwhile exclusives because they were all on PC, what would stop anyone getting a PS4? The multiplats run better on it anyway.

Only a minority cares if the games are also on PC, you can see that with any multi-game ever. Multi games are the reason why the XB1 and PS4 are selling like they do, if everyone would buy them on PC, noone would buy these consoles.
So MS will have a few more sales with PC versions, but no big decline in console sales.
In europe (where PC gaming is stronger afaik) they don't have a chance anyways, so they can at least earn some more money if they release the games on PC.

Hoo-doo

Banned
After Sunset Overdrive not even appearing on NPD's top 10 list, you'd hope Insomniac try to get some money back by putting it out on PC. Nobody loses here.

Amir0x

Banned
Oh my god, I would probably not need an XBO for a while again especially since they were making it hard anyway with their ID@Xbox Parity clause

Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive are my absolute most wanted XBO games, other than MCC and some of the indies. If they get these on PC, that'd definitely strengthen my resolve to wait for them to fix the parity clause.

Edit: This is so totally not gonna be real though.

Yamka

Banned
This is an error. There is NO WAY the MS would release either of these on a PC this close to their original release. You are looking at about a year before the possibility, for which I would bet will not happen.

After Sunset Overdrive not even appearing on NPD's top 10 list, you'd hope Insomniac try to get some money back by putting it out on PC. Nobody loses here.

Um, what money? MS bankrolled the games development, Insomniac didn't have to put up anything, if they did, why sign an exclusive deal?

Oh my god, I would probably not need an XBO for a while again especially since they were making it hard anyway with their ID@Xbox Parity clause

Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive are my absolute most wanted XBO games, other than MCC and some of the indies. If they get these on PC, that'd definitely strengthen my resolve to wait for them to fix the parity clause.

Edit: This is so totally not gonna be real though.

Horizon 2 PC is available right now though.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Microsoft do put some xbox games on steam/pc so this is kinda possible I think. a year later port wont hurt Xbox One sales and will give Microsoft some money

Strange how that game didn't come but Fable 3 did.

what weird is they ported Fable 1 twice to pc (TLC and Anniversary) but didn't bother with Fable 2.

Dunkley

Well the PS4 currently has Infamous, a broken racing game and a HD PS3 Port as their great exclusive library, so more than "what stops me from getting a PS4 instead", the question should be rather what is stopping you from just upgrading your computer instead, which does multiplats even better than a PS4.

But I really doubt this is real. Beyond the fact that I could not see Forza Horizon 2 on PC ever happening, it would be backwards of Microsoft to port that and Sunset Overdrive so close after release, especially since they are system sellers, at least to me if I were to already decide on which platform to get now.

Omega

Banned
doubt it happens but i hope it does. Release your first party/second party games on PC. It's not like they need to worry about the comfy couch, 70" tv gamers deciding to build a PC to play these games

I don't see how this hurts them. they should be more worried about people switch to their competitor instead of PC where they'll just make extra money

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Sony exclusives rarely make their way to PC. Already this generation, we've seen two Xbone exclusives make the jump...in the space of 1 year.

The track record is there. I'm inclined to believe it's just a matter of when, not if. Looks like I'll have Sunset Overdrive in my home by 2015 after all. Happy to give Insomniac my money. :)

Kezen

Banned
I would advise anyone (you don't need me for that thankfully) to keep their expecations in check.
Amazon.fr is unfortunately notorious for listing imaginary things.

Now, is SO possible on PC ? Yes...They own the IP as far as I know.
Forza ? Hum....Much less, this is Microsoft 1st party.

Elixist

i'd double dip for SO specially if someone made a day-z ish mod

iBEwT7tEC0X2B.gif

Sony exclusives rarely make their way to PC. Already this generation, we've seen two Xbone exclusives make the jump...in the space of 1 year.

The track record is there. I'm inclined to believe it's just a matter of when, not if. Looks like I'll have Sunset Overdrive in my home by 2015 after all. Happy to give Insomniac my money. :)

Which were those again? Seriously, I forgot, haha.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Which were those again? Seriously, I forgot, haha.

Ryse and Dead Rising 3.

I get why Sony don't do it, but I just hope that someday Sony put Psygnosis old PC catalog (Drakan Order of the Flame, Krazy Ivan, Rollcage..ect) on GOG/Steam

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Ryse and DR3.

I could see the case for those Ryse especially as Crytek and MS were beefing were they not? Can't really see either SSO or FH2 going to PC.

well Microsoft own IPs do go to PC sometimes (State of Decay and Fable Anniversary are recent ones) I think it just depend on if Microsoft want extra sales or not.

Leb

Someone should ask Phil about this :p

Phil's response:

"When people want me to say, can you tell us when or if it's coming to other platforms, it's not my job. My job is not to talk about games I don't own. I have a certain relationship on this version of [Xbox One exclusives], which we announced, and I feel really good about our long term relationship with [Developer] and [Publisher]".

Mr Lakitu

Banned
There goes any reason to buy an Xbone.

And thats cool with Microsoft... Im guessing they are making a loss on hardware

But selling digital game licenses on pc is just free money if dx12 update looks to be implementing seamless ports from xbone to pc

Won't be steam, that's not even a question... I guessed full xbone dashboard on pc a little while back. Would be a great way to build a steam competitor, especially with ea on board etc

Microsoft is trying really hard not to sell more XB1's.

I actually like the XB1 as a device, but had I known they'd come to PC (If it's true),I probably wouldn't have gotten an XB1 for at least a good 3-4 years.

I'm afraid that the chances to have FH2 on PC are slim like the ones with Sega porting Virtua Fighter 5 or Vanquish, althought something is in motion.

But i strongly doubt it.

Also isn't Amazon FR branch known to put placeholders for things that they don't exist or never will see light?

In the past they did this with alot of titles (PSP versions of some games comes to mind).

At this point i suspect that they are listening to speculations and rumors instead of solid facts.

Top Bottom