• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

GHG

So the competition can't use it for PR to advertise a competing game? Happened before with PGR and others.

Eh... It should be an option.

I don't think they are doing it for that reason either. If reports are to be believed the game is struggling in terms of sales so adding the watermark improves things from a marketing perspective.

I can't finish online championships for days now. I always get disconnected after the last race. I don't have any problems with other games.

Also I'd like T10 and Playground to fix their netcode. I can't think of any other racing game series that has that many cars floating or jumping around online.

I have a stable connection, my NAT is open. Forza games on 360 had this problem too.

Noobcraft

I can't finish online championships for days now. I always get disconnected after the last race. I don't have any problems with other games.

Also I'd like T10 and Playground to fix their netcode. I can't think of any other racing game series that has that many cars floating or jumping around online.

I have a stable connection, my NAT is open. Forza games on 360 had this problem too.
I can. http://youtu.be/0aCVpZPKrms

That said I really haven't had that many issues with FH2 online but I do get some weird skipping when overtaking other racers in some drag races.

I finished the second finale.

If only the end cutscene was as good as the intro...

:(

Note to Turn 10/ PG, game ending cutscenes do matter!

Yeah but how many times can you hit those XP boards?
If I've already hit it in a previous session or offline, can I hit it again?

The xp boards you haven't hit are still there in multiplayer. So if you collect them during an online road trip, the xp adds to your multiplayer xp championship score (which is weird)

Maybe the new patch fixed it but I'm not sure.

While the watermark returning is bad news, the ability to move it means that it's easier to edit it out. Just take the same photo twice with it in different places, then cut the two together.

timlot

Banned
Eh... It should be an option.

I don't think they are doing it for that reason either. If reports are to be believed the game is struggling in terms of sales so adding the watermark improves things from a marketing perspective.

What reports are we talking about. Sept. NDP only captured a few days of Physical copy sales. Bought mine digital a week after launch. Game is setting in top Xbox One paid games listed in the store. I would be surprised if they haven't moved half million by now.

Noobcraft

What reports are we talking about. Sept. NDP only captured a few days of Physical copy sales. Bought mine digital a week after launch. Game is setting in top Xbox One paid games listed in the store. I would be surprised if they haven't moved half million by now.
The first speed trap has like 500k unique gamer tag entries. Also a fair portion of Xbox one users are still offline users if it's anything like the 360.

The game might not show up in a monthly listing but given how strongly Forza associates with Xbox I think this is gonna sell a lot over years, just like Nintendo's Mario titles.

I think they call that a "sleeper hit?" That's what this game is.

I do honestly feel they should release the next Forza after two years and not make it yearly. With this game Turn 10 has to think real hard on how to top this right. And the last two games just have so much content and replayability that the market can live without a new Forza for a good while.

jesu

The first speed trap has like 500k unique gamer tag entries. Also a fair portion of Xbox one users are still offline users if it's anything like the 360.

Someone in another thread said(completely seriously) that at least 200,000 of those people are buyers who played on more than account :/

Someone in another thread said(completely seriously) that at least 200,000 of those people are buyers who played on more than account :/

Do they work on Xbox Live?

I haven't personally found the need to use another account because regions can be changed on Xbox One accounts pretty easily (through the settings page instead of making a new account)

No but they have Horizon 2 unopened on their shelf.(and a shield of NDA figures)

Well if the game sold poorly, that's too bad, then. The game is awesome regardless. I still don't believe random claims online over an actual leaderboard.

Let the console warriors fight over that stuff.

Noobcraft

I'm pretty sure the game is selling fine. It's been out a couple weeks and it should get a huge boost during the holidays as parents buy stuff for their kids.

_woLf

Is there any way to make the game not load into a fucking car show every time you start it?

It is absolutely infuriating loading into the game knowing that the first thing I have to do is disconnect from an online session just to get into the game. :|

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_SavedImages_GetPhoto2.jpg

Surprised there's no achievement for rolling this about.

I'm so angry with this game. I'm having to reinstall due to not being able to go online after the patch - bought it digitally so it's taking ages on my shitty connection. My best mate just texted me saying he's lost all his cars, progress etc. No obvious reason, just fucking gone.

I realise things happen and I love the game, but it is absolutely infuriating. Looking on the Forza forum suggests this is an issue for a few people.

Sorry for the rant.

jesu

I'm so angry with this game. I'm having to reinstall due to not being able to go online after the patch - bought it digitally so it's taking ages on my shitty connection. My best mate just texted me saying he's lost all his cars, progress etc. No obvious reason, just fucking gone.

I realise things happen and I love the game, but it is absolutely infuriating. Looking on the Forza forum suggests this is an issue for a few people.

Sorry for the rant.

It's scary.
I played online on Friday, leveled up six times, won 3 cars.
Played again on Saturday, immediately had 5 wheel spins, never had the 3 cars I won on Friday.

It's scary.
I played online on Friday, leveled up six times, won 3 cars.
Played again on Saturday, immediately had 5 wheel spins, never had the 3 cars I won on Friday.

Damn, that's annoying. I would at least like to hear some acknowledgement from Playground or Turn 10 that this is an issue it's working on.

Krilekk

Banned
I'm pretty sure the game is selling fine. It's been out a couple weeks and it should get a huge boost during the holidays as parents buy stuff for their kids.

Leaderboards say about 500k sold (first leaderboard you can reach about five mins into the game has 520.000 entries).

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Doesn't that just mean 520k unique gamertags have played it?

Yeah, that's true. Although there are also people who have bought it that don't connect to Live.

-Stranger-

Is there any way to make the game not load into a fucking car show every time you start it?

It is absolutely infuriating loading into the game knowing that the first thing I have to do is disconnect from an online session just to get into the game. :|

Infuriating really? It takes like 10 seconds...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Finished the second finale, that got me to level 102. I don't think i'll do all the championships because if it do that I'll hit a point where there are only muscle car and Off road races left (at the moment I'm mostly ignoring them) so it would feel very grindy at the end. Tbh I've only done 30 for the two finales, can't imagine even hitting 100 championships.

How does the multiplayer work? My son wants to try but can you easily mute everyone? the early cutscene/video showed different types of game, not just races - is there an overview of those somewhere? Online road trip and the meetups don't seem to explain anything.

jesu

Finished the second finale, that got me to level 102. I don't think i'll do all the championships because if it do that I'll hit a point where there are only muscle car and Off road races left (at the moment I'm mostly ignoring them) so it would feel very grindy at the end. Tbh I've only done 30 for the two finales, can't imagine even hitting 100 championships.

How does the multiplayer work? My son wants to try but can you easily mute everyone? the early cutscene/video showed different types of game, not just races - is there an overview of those somewhere? Online road trip and the meetups don't seem to explain anything.

I had to mute everyone in the X1 settings, it was something like don't allow voice communications from non friends.
(the audio was all distorted and horrible so I had to switch it off)

You do a road trip to a location the do an event, like a race or King or Infected(those 2 are like playing tag)

It's good and you level up a lot online.

Muting individual players in game is easy, but it requires going into the pause menu, which isn't convenient if you have to mute someone mid race or road trip.

An alternative to disabling chat via settings is just to start a party chat, which will mute game chat just for that session.

G Rom

Dumb question but how do you move the ugly watermark ? (Who's idea was it seriously ?!)
I can't find the option in photo mode !

GHG

Dumb question but how do you move the ugly watermark ? (Who's idea was it seriously ?!)
I can't find the option in photo mode !

There is no option...

Dealwithit.gif

Helios please ask if we can have it in as an option. I used to quite like photo mode in this game.

Top Bottom