• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

p3tran

Banned
Me, you, Jack Aubrey and Petran should form MidLifeCrisisRacingGAF.

Any other potential members interested? No need to shout - we're old, not deaf.

Mascot- I turn 41 on wed. Booo.

I turned 41 last month.

OldGaf reporting in 40 and 3 quarters here.

40 in 3 months :(

Just turned 40...hopefully they are rocking some sweet midlife crisis Vettes. Getting older is great, better than the alternative!

well well well.. just when I was getting full with all these kids...

you know guys, there is a Greek saying that goes "a 40 year old = 2x 20 year olds"
and we know our shit.. we practically invented both philosophy and mathematics :D
in fact, there is even a song about that same fact of life.
but it refers to milfs :D what can i say, we are full of wisdom :D

also, all of you are welcome to come to Greece to spend some time on ...rejuvenation if ever you feel like you need it :)

until then, I might be able to convince our very talented in-house forza horizon painter to make something special for us experienced players inside gaf club 8)

p.s.
mascot, you still need to be pickin'up an xbone mate. do it, before the age gets the better of your reflexes ;PpppPPppp

Tried the demo and I'd be lying if I said I could tell the 30 fps difference from Forza 5 to Horizon 2.

If you played FM3 to FM5 you would probably notice the difference. If you started playing the FM series on FM5 then I could understand, but there is a major difference, though the game does have good sense of speed.

The biggest difference will be te overall image quality die to 4x MSAA and native 1080p.

Agreed, which is why you don't see a big difference between the two right now since were dealing with .gifs and YouTube vids. Playing both on a big screen will make the difference much more clearer. Right now though the XB1 version looks like a remastered version.

Heigic

You would expect FH2 to look worse than FH1 in some places. FH1 was designed around the constraints of the 360 whereas FH2 is a port of an Xbox One game.

eso76

I dont think so, I mean, ofcourse we have to take in consideration that FH1 is much more limited then FH2, but look at that:

Forza Horizon 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=niDIEJwsujk#t=437

And now, look at that:

Forza Horizon 2 - X360:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP1RA8hLt1Q&feature=player_detailpage#t=643

Its hard to say. FH2 on X360 looks very inconsistent to me. Some places are pretty good, some seems to lack too much details. Overall I would say that FH1 is more consistent, so maybe it would please more my eyes, superficially saying (without taking in consideration the open-world and physics aspects).

fh1 was tailored to x360 capabilities. Having it take place in a desert was obviously a convenient design choice. awith fh2 the x360 has to deal with a much more complex map layout. Dramatic elvation changes, real open world, probably posed a very different challenge. The game was conceived as a next gen title, and i think sumo keeping the map layout intact is already remarkable. teah, i guess h1 might be more polished, but that's because a lot of the time it plays safe, which is something i could never completely forgive. That, and the stupid orange filter. Granted i am currently restricted to the shitty vita browser, so ill have to see what things look like on a larger screen..

FordGTGuy

Banned
RlEJmDQ.jpg

kyo27

I dont think so, I mean, ofcourse we have to take in consideration that FH1 is much more limited then FH2, but look at that:

Forza Horizon 1:

And now, look at that:

Forza Horizon 2 - X360:

Its hard to say. FH2 on X360 looks very inconsistent to me. Some places are pretty good, some seems to lack too much details. Overall I would say that FH1 is more consistent, so maybe it would please more my eyes, superficially saying (without taking in consideration the open-world and physics aspects).

Wow, the gap is much bigger than I thought after watching the 360 video. The environment in the distance takes the biggest hit, but even up close it looks pretty rough in some areas.

Just bought a Xbone today for FH2 and also Sunset Overdrive! Downloading the demo right now.

Also, the power supply for the xbox is kind of loud, always emitting this obnoxious buzzing sound. This can't be normal can it? Anyone else experience this?

FordGTGuy

Banned
Just bought a Xbone today for FH2 and also Sunset Overdrive! Downloading the demo right now.

Also, the power supply for the xbox is kind of loud, always emitting this obnoxious buzzing sound. This can't be normal can it? Anyone else experience this?

This is not normal.

paulorsjr

Might be a little crazy, but yesterday bought the One just for this game...

The same yesterday went through the demo in one playtime, from 10:00PM till 2AM, didn't even bother to know the features or play with the OS of the One.

When finished, preordered the ultimate version without any doubt...
Shut down the console and now I'm wating to next tuesday.

This game is THAT good!

RudoIudo

The 360 version looks fine, and I'd be happy with it...if I'd never seen anything on the X1 version. But after seeing X1 screens, gameplay videos, and playing the demo for myself, there's no way I would be able to be happy with the 360 version. It's a generational difference to me.

Youdontsay.jpeg

I've been playing this for the last day or so (review copy, was late getting to it) and hot damn it is great. I'm not the biggest racing game fan out there, but have had an absolute blast so far. Everything about the game seems to be designed around you having fun. The off road stuff in particular is amazing. Being in a race with a bunch of nice cars, driving on the roads and then suddenly veering off into the fields is so much fun. Looks amazing and there is an incredible sense of speed, especially for a 30fps game. The last racing game I really, really got into was Burnout Paradise and I can see myself getting into this Ike crazy. Lots of similar design choices, especially the focus on fun. I've only just scratched the surface.

I really don't see anyone being disappointed by this. It's phenomenal.

RyudBoy

The lighting in the 360 version really hurts the overall look of the game. Once you get to Castelletto, you can really see how plain the buildings look.

And the game just isn't the same experience now that you can't drive through a shit load of bushes/grass while dodging trees, etc. Will be interesting to see just how much they changed once Digital Foundry gets a hold of it.

Anyways, it's $49.99 and running on 9 yr old hardware. I'd still buy it if I didn't own an XB1.

m23

jBFR7GNICtKC3.jpg

Horrible off screen pic since upload pics isn't working for some reason.

My favourite paint job so far lol.

Drewfonse

If you go into your Apps/Settings/Power On and Off and then make sure it is set to power saving, not instant on, that should eliminate the brick sound.

New002

For those that have been in the Forza world for a while...Have you had a VIP pass in the past, and has it been worth it?

Trying to decide if I should go regular or deluxe.

Thanks!

FordGTGuy

Banned
For those that have been in the Forza world for a while...Have you had a VIP pass in the past, and has it been worth it?

Thanks!

Deluxe is honestly worth it considering the exclusive cars and double money/experience every race.

Takes less time to get into the cars you want to drive.

VIP Membership
Forza Horizon 2 VIP Membership (regular $19.99; 50 percent off or $9.99 for Forza Motorsport 5 VIP members) is like a backstage pass at the Horizon Festival, giving you access to cool content you can only get here. VIP members will receive exclusive benefits in Forza Horizon 2, including the VIP Car Pack, featuring five cars (four of which are brand new to the Forza franchise). These five cars include the 2012 Lamborghini Urus, 2014 Tesla Model S, 1967 Ferrari 330 P4, 1949 Mercury Coupe, and the 2013 Donkervoort D8 GTO. VIP membership also awards with 2x player in-game reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, in-game gifts from the Forza community team, and special in-game recognition. Current Forza Motorsport 5 VIPs receive a $10 discount on digital purchases of Forza Horizon 2 VIP membership or any Forza Horizon 2 digital offer that includes VIP membership. (Note that this discount only applies to digital offers of Forza Horizon 2.)

Car Pass
The Forza Horizon 2 Car Pass ($24.99) gets you access to six monthly pack add-ons beginning in October, with each pack featuring five amazing cars. That’s six monthly car packs for the price of five! Plus, Car Pass owners will receive an exclusive bonus car for free: the 2010 Noble M600. That’s 31 cars to collect, race, and customize in Forza Horizon 2! Look for more details on the first monthly car pack for Forza Horizon 2 coming soon!

shinnn

The rain is some of the best ever seen in gaming, and only Project Gotham Racing 4 comes close to it. Overall, that may have more impressive weather since it’s so varied there and includes snow, but that’s the only game that can touch it in that regard

Similarly, no games since the Rallisport Challenge games on the original Xbox have featured dirt-buildup effects on cars. The DiRT series comes close, but doesn’t quite top this one in that area

The addition of rumble triggers to the Xbox One’s controller really benefits this game because like Project Gotham Racing 2 over a decade ago, the rumble will change based on what kind of surface you’re driving on. It’s another small touch that adds a lot to the experience, and makes you want to keep playing even if you’ve had a long, and somewhat exhausting play session

That's_good.gif

Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about the doubled earnings, game is probably well balanced after last years little outrage. I regretted not getting VIP for Forza 5 after I realized I was still playing it half a year after launch and had no way to ever drive a Bugatti Veyron. I didn't regret it enough to still buy it though (had already reached driver Level 200+ and the Veyron always seemed a bit too heavy to be real hypercar fun).
This time I will not pass the opportunity to drive a Ferrari 330 P4.

Maybe someone else could elude us how the VIP events in a Horizon game look like? I'd also like to know more about that.

benzy

Forza Horizon 1:

And now, look at that:

Forza Horizon 2 - X360:

Horizon 1 has that terrible yellow piss filter so it loses automatically. Lighting looks a lot better in Horizon 2 imo.

ibwn6zhD2QiBwg.jpg

ibwVUaw0mtd9Vt.jpg

I guess this isn't too uncommon of a problem. Goddammit microsoft. I don't notice it too much while playing a game since my bass drones out the buzz, but I would never use it while watching a bluray.

If you go into your Apps/Settings/Power On and Off and then make sure it is set to power saving, not instant on, that should eliminate the brick sound.

I think I tried that earlier today without it changing much, I'll check it again when I play later.

Yea, contact Xbox Support since it's loud. They should send you out a new one.

Yeah, I'm just worried I'll have to ship it to them and not be able to play Forza for a month, oh well. Thanks guys.

Top Bottom