• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Announced for Xbox One

Dramos

Time for that Gulf livery:
10935dfgdfg199_986853381344225-54b4204fa3773.jpg

e3 is a bit over in terms of being the only time for big announcements. More and more you will the platforms holders controlling the message themselves. Nintendo is doing with Directs, Sony now has their own event.

Times are a changing.

This would just get drowned out in the e3 hoopla. I predict e3 will be much smaller in coming years. Trades shows just don't make sense in today's on demand world.

But the biggest "showings" of all these games are at E3.

Just because they're not announced at E3 doesn't mean that they won't get primetime on stage as if it was unveiled there.

it's a small thing but I hope 3d spectators are back instead of cardboard cut outs of dan Greenaway everywhere.

night time would be a nice thing too, bring back Tokyo from FM1!

You'd expect them to at least mention it, but you're right. Let's see what happens over the next few months.

Also, wonder if this announcement means Forza 5 is hitting PC? Otherwise why mention exclusivity?

I doubt they'd do Forza 5 this late, and it could just be because H2 was on 360 and One and it's reminding everyone that mainline Forza is One exclusive now.

But, as one of the heads of T10 said, "never say never" for Forza on PC.

Noobcraft

You'd expect them to at least mention it, but you're right. Let's see what happens over the next few months.

Also, wonder if this announcement means Forza 5 is hitting PC? Otherwise why mention exclusivity?
Well the last Forza entry (Horizon 2) was on the 360 and xb1 so it might just be for clarity.

What would be cool is a PC exclusive version of Forza Motorsport though. (Not discontinued support for Xbox)

hawk2025

it's a small thing but I hope 3d spectators are back instead of cardboard cut outs of dan Greenaway everywhere.

night time would be a nice thing too, bring back Tokyo from FM1!

FM5 was a launch game.

I fully expect real crowds, weather, and day/night cycles.

Xbox one has a completely stacked 3-4 months at the end of the year. If that Gears of War collection does exist, I don't think it will be released in that same period.

I wonder if the holiday season is really so strong that its better to have several games pile onto each other in that timeframe instead of release them spreaded over the whole year.
Microsoft has basically nothing since Halo:MCC till at least september 2015.
But then several huge titles within a short period of time.

shinn623

Hope there is ToD (night)/weather. If not, it would be pathetic and I won't buy another forza until there is. How many more iterations do they need to get weather simulation and ToD figured out? Or do they just not want to put in the effort? Please have night time and weather. Rally would be nice as well.

Duxxy3

I wonder if the holiday season is really so strong that its better to have several games pile onto each other in that timeframe instead of release them spreaded over the whole year.

Right now that is exactly what it looks like. I'll probably be playing my 360 for the majority of 2015.

I can forgive weather because there's a lot of double rendering going on, and FM is more intensive than FH due to being 60fps and more of a simulation, but I'm definitely expecting TOD changes.

When is MS creating their own expo. They had one with the OG Xbox. Bring it back!!!

I think they will announce one for early 2016. X16 only like PSX rather than just press only like the previous events, X events still live on they're just not the same. Early 2016 makes sense especially as they seem to be planning new releases in that time period

ShapeGSX

Wow. They mention something, so it means something else. They don't mention something, so it means something else.

but I thought this gen consoles were so easy to code for, all the flop juice was easily squeezed out of the orange, later iterations of a game will not do much better than the first one.

So FH6 won't look any better than FH5 does. Right?

E3 announcements are cool but it just makes sense to get some games their own moment to shine and timing it with the auto show makes a lot of hype for the brand. Especially if they're really doing a 10 years celebration for the entire year.

Well, there goes my hope that T10 takes a little bit more time to lift the next entry in the main series on another level (thinking of day/night and weather). But I will hold my breath until E3, it's T10 and they're capable of amazing work.

On the other hand it's quite sad that the second current gen Forza will be out this holiday and GT7 isn't even announced.

FZW

Are the Horizon studios different than the ones that make these games? They sure like to put out these games now eh.

Let's see if they cut down on the micro transactions now.

It was toned down in FM5 and FH2 launched with none.

RE_Player

Already? Geez I was thinking about picking up Forza 5 since its on sale but not anymore. So is this pretty much a yearly franchise now? One year traditional Forza and the next Horizon?

RyudBoy

I got bored of Forza 5 very fast. Sim racers just bore me in general. On the other hand, I still play Horizon 2 quite often. No way I'm gonna get Forza 6 at launch, but I might pick it up later when it goes on sale.

mreddie

A. Horizon 2s DLC isn't even finished yet.
b. 2016 GT is the hero car? Welp, that beauty is gonna locked to Forza for awhile.

FH2 was my first real venture into Forza and I really love playing it. Think I'll give Forza 6 a shot. I've always enjoyed playing the Forza games at friends places so I'm glad I can own them for myself now. Is Forza 5 considered a good game for $29.99? It's still on sale with games for gold.

Yeah Microsoft is weird with that line up. I can't think of anything exclusive at the top of my head coming out for the XBOne until September this year. PS4 and Wii U (I guess?) seem to have their releases spread out with big hitters in the Fall/Early Winter (Uncharted 4, MAYBE Zelda U?). MS just coupled them all together and threw them into the same season.

SmokyDave

Mmm Hmm. Yes please.

In addition, Ford’s performance vehicle line-up will appear in Forza Motorsport 6. This includes the GT, Shelby GT350 Mustang, and the F-150 Raptor, debuted by Ford earlier today at the auto show. As First in Forza vehicles, Forza fans will have the opportunity to drive these cars when they debut in Forza 6.
'First in Forza' eh?

I wish that was some sort of mission statement, where they go back and comb the 60s through to the 90s for all the hidden gems that car games have ignored. What it actually means is 'we have timed exclusivity on whatever brand new £200,000 car seems like the hot news of the day'. I wonder if this'll become a thing.

Already? Geez I was thinking about picking up Forza 5 since its on sale but not anymore. So is this pretty much a yearly franchise now? One year traditional Forza and the next Horizon?

Motorsport has been every other year since 2005 and its been yearly since 2011 (as Horizon was 2012)

Top Bottom