• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Announced for Xbox One

Forza Motorsport is simulation based, like GT. Horizon is more arcadey.

If the simulation aspect is a turn-off for you, you're better off buying something else.

The sim stuff I'm not really against getting into. It's actually something I'm looking to explore even more. I used to be into Gran Turismo but never found it in me to be excited about 5 or 6 and just skipped them entirely. I didn't own an Xbox or 360 so I couldn't get into Forza. A lot of the stuff I hear about Forza 5 is that it's a kinda good game but still gave off a lukewarm response because Horizon and 4 were so good.

EDIT: Yeah a lot of these Forza 5 related posts are making me think I should wait it out for Forza 6, or just wait for Project CARS to come out. Guess I'll do that then

RBK

Banned
But how do they catch up on number released by not releasing a numbered entry every other year?

They don't have to when Polyphony takes their sweet time with the series.

3 year gap between every GT release compared to Motorsport's 2.

I hope it's a bit more upbeat. As Jeff Gerstmann said, Forza 5 had the excitement of a tomb.
Doesn't he hate driving games? I'm sure he ripped on Driveclub as well, not sure about others.

The sim stuff I'm not really against getting into. It's actually something I'm looking to explore even more. I used to be into Gran Turismo but never found it in me to be excited about 5 or 6 and just skipped them entirely. I didn't own an Xbox or 360 so I couldn't get into Forza. A lot of the stuff I hear about Forza 5 is that it's a kinda good game but still gave off a lukewarm response because Horizon and 4 were so good.

Gran Turismo 5 and 6's problem is sense of speed, or the lack thereof. There's no motion blur or even slight camera wobble. You'll be doing 300mph down the Mulsanne straight and hit a corner because it looks like you're doing 70. That always throws me off the GT games, but I think Forza executes the exhilerating and exciting aspects of racing way better, even if it's a bit overly dramatic.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

EDIT: Yeah a lot of these Forza 5 related posts are making me think I should wait it out for Forza 6, or just wait for Project CARS to come out. Guess I'll do that then

Forza 5 was lukewarm because it was missing features that were prominent in 4 Cars/tracks etc. It's GOOD, but not as good as it could have been.

Obviously expected but nice. I love the Forza series. I was a bit suprised they would announce it this early though, but I had a feeling that they might after the rumors yesterday. New GT is looking good as well.

watership

Doesn't he hate driving games? I'm sure he ripped on Driveclub as well, not sure about others.

Gertsmann loves driving games. He only dislikes Sims, except for the Forza series. He thought the last one was soulless and has too many microtransacrions. Mostly because it was a rushed launch game.

I thought FM5 was great despite the lack of polish. Excited to see what FM6 is like with a polished UI, refined Drivatar system and more tracks. Night racing would be icing.

EagleEyes

So we know the second half of 2015 for big Xbox One exclusives are

Quantum Break
Halo 5: Guardians
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Forza Motorsport 6

That is an amazing lineup so far. :)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
What? I knew it was coming but damn, never would of expected it to be announced this early. I hope MS aren't going to blow their E3 load again this year, I know ntknrlk didn't help leaking almost everything but still I think the only real "surprise" was MCC?

Microsoft blew their E3 2015 load before E3 2014 with that controlled leak.

Awesome, can't wait to see more. Hopefully they add in dynamic lighting and weather with some granular control over both.

And I assume this was announced today because of Ford announcing and revealing the new GT today.

Pophead

Please please please Turn 10 implement weather and time of day in 6 after how Horizon 2 pulled it off.

Either way I'll be purchasing it.

Gran Turismo 5 and 6's problem is sense of speed, or the lack thereof. There's no motion blur or even slight camera wobble. You'll be doing 300mph down the Mulsanne straight and hit a corner because it looks like you're doing 70. That always throws me off the GT games, but I think Forza executes the exhilerating and exciting aspects of racing way better, even if it's a bit overly dramatic.

Oh jeez that'd probably bother me if I played GT5 and 6. It's something about how Forza presents itself that got me though. GT has this weird... Showroom-y feel to it. At least with Forza I know there's another one to look forward to. I'm convinced GT7 is going to come out in a decade.

Also I was wondering why Jeff Gerstmann was really rough on Drive Club... Until I bought the game myself and played it. It took me 5 hours to realize that game was seriously not for me. I didn't like anything about it and I wasn't having any fun at all. I returned it the day after and got GTA V for PS4 instead.

Forza 5 was lukewarm because it was missing features that were prominent in 4 Cars/tracks etc. It's GOOD, but not as good as it could have been.

Yeah that's the main bulk of the complaints I've heard about 5. Content wise it could have been better.

Also some the livery stuff or whatever is fucking insane. To be honest, part of why I was excited about getting FH2 a few weeks ago was because I knew there'd be some cool things in the livery to look at.

14686798123_e4a8b9c057_c.jpg

Fox Mulder

so forza is a yearly thing too now.
cool

the brand, not the game.

forza motorsports 4 (2011)
forza horizon (2012)
forza motorsports 5 (2013)
forza horizon 2 (2014)
forza motorsports 6 (2015)

I can't wait for forza 6. 5 looked amazing, but lacked content due to it being a launch title and cutting assets like tracks and cars to start again. 6 should be back up to size, I need to get a wheel.

Top Bottom