• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Announced for Xbox One

I think Horizon 2 will get announced for PC at the Windows 10 event though.

I don't know where Playground stand on that, but Turn 10 have said that they would never just port an existing Forza game to PC. Instead, they would build a new PC game from the ground up. I'm expecting a new PC game-as-a-service Forza series at some point, maybe even announced this year (although I doubt that they would want to overshadow FM6 with such an announcement).

It's also interesting to note that a 2015 release date is not mentioned even once or at least I haven't seen it.

Bessy67

I know but it's like announcing a new COD when the other one is half done with the Season Pass DLC. Or AC Victory being announced despite the fact Unity was just released a week earlier.
I mean, if you're a Forza fan you pretty much knew there would be a Forza 6 this fall anyways though. They've always been every other year.

Skux

The annualisation begins.

Edit: I mean with Forza games. Which as it turns out have actually been yearly since 2011.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
FH2 was my first real venture into Forza and I really love playing it. Think I'll give Forza 6 a shot. I've always enjoyed playing the Forza games at friends places so I'm glad I can own them for myself now. Is Forza 5 considered a good game for $29.99? It's still on sale with games for gold.

Forza Motorsport is simulation based, like GT. Horizon is more arcadey.

If the simulation aspect is a turn-off for you, you're better off buying something else.

Grassy

Can't wait for this. Looking forward to the return of the auction house,car clubs and hopefully another 10+ additional tracks. It would be nice if some of the old favourites like Maple Valley, Fujimi Kaido, Mugello and Rally Di Positano Full Circuit made a return too.

It will be interesting to see how much they have improved the in-game graphics. I'm not expecting a huge leap, mainly better reflections. It was already looking pretty good for a 60fps racing game.

NeoGIF

I got bored of Forza 5 very fast. Sim racers just bore me in general. On the other hand, I still play Horizon 2 quite often. No way I'm gonna get Forza 6 at launch, but I might pick it up later when it goes on sale.

Same here. I still love it, but they left out some of the best tracks from 3 and 4.

I'm hoping they all make a return in 6.

I wonder if the holiday season is really so strong that its better to have several games pile onto each other in that timeframe instead of release them spreaded over the whole year.
Microsoft has basically nothing since Halo:MCC till at least september 2015.
But then several huge titles within a short period of time.

Holiday Season is the post season, Microsoft does it every year, look at how many exclusives they release in the 4th Quarter nearly every year...

I don't know where Playground stand on that, but Turn 10 have said that they would never just port an existing Forza game to PC. Instead, they would build a new PC game from the ground up. I'm expecting a new PC game-as-a-service Forza series at some point, maybe even announced this year (although I doubt that they would want to overshadow FM6 with such an announcement).

It's also interesting to note that a 2015 release date is not mentioned even once or at least I haven't seen it.

I doubt Playground will turn down the chance to do it.

Also there was this from February last year:

Forza-mobile-development.png

Speaking of which, I should probably get my hands on Forza 5 now, does anyone know if there's anywhere it's cheapish?

Its on sale on the Xbox store as we speak.

Horizon - Open World
Horizon 2 - Open World with off-roading
Horizon 3 - Balls-out crazy, Burnout-like, San Francisco Rush 2049-Beetle Adventure Racing-exploration-mode-insanity
and no more festival stuff

Playground pls.

On topic.. that's way too many Forzas so close together.

Or totally revamp it (Drivatars, I mean). Right now it's a failed experiment, but with the right algorithms the idea has potential IMO. The whole idea of training an AI opponent to play for you is great fun and I've loved it since Virtua Fighter 4.
I want Drivatars to go out into games like Titan Fall as well. Since it has AI on both teams as well... I'd love to have the way I play as one of the soldiers on there.

I wouldn't be shocked if it's released before Driveclub finishes all of their planned downloadable content. Say what you will about Turn5, but they're one of Microsoft's most efficient studios in terms of development speed.

Sony's racing game studios were a lot more competitive in terms of efficiency in the past.

RBK

Banned
The annualisation begins.

Edit: I mean with Forza games. Which have actually been annualised since 2011.

Personally feel it's only to catch up to the Gran Turismo series in numbered entries.

Horizon is my go to Forza now, so I don't mind bi-annual releases.

ntkrnl leaked Horizons 2 in mid-late January last year.
They weren't having any of that this year and announced way earlier. Obviously they wanted to beat him to the punch.

Ha didn't see that in the op anywhere.

I was trying to get at how dumb it is to reveal a game by just zooming around one car for 2 minutes. Yeah, it looks nice and all but does that trailer really excite anyone who wouldn't already by hyped by the words "Forza Motosport 6"?

GoaThief

Yeeeees.

Horizon spin off is not in the same class as mainline Forza. Can't wait. Would be good to see some in-game stuff and more information though.

EvB

Personally feel it's only to catch up to the Gran Turismo series in numbered entries.

Horizon is my go to Forza now, so I don't mind bi-annual releases.

But how do they catch up on number released by not releasing a numbered entry every other year?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
fucking hype. gong back to fm5 now that i got a (working) wheel and i find so much more enjoyment out of it then forza horizon. hope we get a shit ton of fucking tracks, including old ones such as amalfi, fuji, montserrat, maple valley, infineon, suzuka, etc. also, dont much care if there is real time of day transitions or weather, but at the bare minimum, we better get alternate times of day for tracks ala fm4

Doffen

Ha didn't see that in the op anywhere.

I was trying to get at how dumb it is to reveal a game by just zooming around one car for 2 minutes. Yeah, it looks nice and all but does that trailer really excite anyone who wouldn't already by hyped by the words "Forza Motosport 6"?

Think of it like the announcement of the cover player on a sports game.

I mean a Forza game every year. Horizon 2 anyone?

Yeah it's a bit silly to me. The thing I look forward to in these games is seeing the inclusion of all the new cars that have been announced between sequels. When you release one every year, that list of cars is gonna be pretty small. The huge amount of DLC doesn't help.

Top Bottom