• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 leak

Fox Mulder

I appreciate the clockwork release schedule. Forza Motorsports and Forza Horizon every other year. Part of the reason I fell off Gran Turismo.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Guess we know the Scorpios release date now out of this, coming in October.

Shame this leaked really. Could've been Microsoft's Shenmue moment. Still going to shock the mainstream who don't follow the forums and such.

This would be the fifth forza on Xbox one, its fatigued its tired, shenmue moment? I don't follow you I don't see the connection.

shandy706

This would be the fifth forza on Xbox one, its fatigued its tired, shenmue moment? I don't follow you I don't see the connection.

It would be the 3rd Forza Motorsport.

Also, he's being sarcastic.

Forza Horizon and FM are two completely different things.

GHG

I appreciate the clockwork release schedule. Forza Motorsports and Forza Horizon every other year. Part of the reason I fell off Gran Turismo.

I get that, and I bought my Xbox one just for the Forza franchise but...

5 was lackluster and then 6 was just more of the same. The Horizon guys on the other hand have been showing​ how it's done.

shandy706

I get that, and I bought my Xbox one just for the Forza franchise but...

5 was lackluster and then 6 was just more of the same. The Horizon guys on the other hand have been showing​ how it's done.

I expect Horizon to bleed heavily into this one.

Fingers crossed on that.

giphy.gif

Day 1.

GHG

I expect Horizon to bleed heavily into this one.

Fingers crossed on that.

I hope so. I'm bored to tears of the Motorsport series at this point. There are only so many times I can do the rush from the back of the grid to the front within a measly 3 laps, all while the drivatars are doing their best rendition of Mad Max.

The career mode is in dire need of an overhaul. Calling the game "Motorsport" and then not having qualifying or allowing users to adjust race length is a joke.

Wildo09

This was obviously coming, but man, I really hate leaks. The conference is literally in a few hours, why ruin surprises?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I never understood the fascination of realistic day-night cycles or dynamic weather in a game where the average race lasts eight minutes.

I'm also hoping for more motorsports in my forza motorsport. But, even if it's the same old forza career grind, the variety of time of day/weather is worth it

SarBear

I'm also hoping for more motorsports in my forza motorsport. But, even if it's the same old forza career grind, the variety of time of day/weather is worth it

Dont even kid yourself, you know it would bore us in about an hour of playtime. Career needs a MAJOR overhaul

CrayToes

I hope so. I'm bored to tears of the Motorsport series at this point. There are only so many times I can do the rush from the back of the grid to the front within a measly 3 laps, all while the drivatars are doing their best rendition of Mad Max.

The career mode is in dire need of an overhaul. Calling the game "Motorsport" and then not having qualifying or allowing users to adjust race length is a joke.

Couldn't agree more. There are quite a few titles on the market that put FM to shame in terms of actual Motorsport. Horizon has seriously stolen FM's thunder with regards to being a driving fantasy simulator.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

I'd love that. But they will use that again as an excuse for DLC.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Dont even kid yourself, you know it would bore us in about an hour of playtime. Career needs a MAJOR overhaul

Kid myself? Of course it does. I doubt it's happening though. But I'm a sucker and will but buy and be bored of this in record time.

GHG

I never understood the fascination of realistic day-night cycles or dynamic weather in a game where the average race lasts eight minutes.

Because the races shouldn't have to last only 8 minutes that's why.

Some of us like the simulation factor and will set a race up to last for an hour or two with varying conditions. Dynamic day/night and weather cycles add a lot of depth to longer races. That's where race strategy really comes into play.

It's a crying shame that a driving model as good as the one in the Forza games is stifled by limited options and poorly thought out game design.

Oh and if the DLC model is the same where there are omissions from the ultimate edition then you can count me out.

Horizon 4 coming 6 months later. Then 3 months after that, FORZA INFINITY (sideways 8) and then as day one DLC? HORIZON V-ERIZON (the 5 is a V and the game is sponsored by Verizon Wireless, you can only drive in an open world completely determined by a real-time coverage map of Verizon cellphone satellites)

i need MORE forza

I would have been more surprised that we didn't get Forza 7 announced today.

Big fan of the FM franchise here (and GT - before it went downhill - fingers crossed for a return) and am looking forward to the reveal.

Top Bottom