• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7 leak

Sebmugi

Yes I am a little naif I expected a brand new graphic engine or at least has a turning point in the artistic and graphic part.. Apparently it will not be for this time ;)
I still think this is not the time for the 4K graphics engine, in 1080p would be a feast for the eyes with a powerful console..

VeeP

It's amazing how fast Microsoft is able to pump these out. These aren't mediocre upgrades either usually. Forza Horizon is amazing, and Forza Motorsport always improves and builds on the last (bedsides the first Forza in Xbox One from what I hear). It's a shame I'm not a racing fan lol, I would definitely pick these up.

And what's up with some of the passive aggressiveness in this thread?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
skyboxes of FH3 and graphic engine of F6 + 4k 60 fps = F7 .. well I miss hype for now..

Fh3 uses FM6 graphic engine.

Its usually mainline FM that dictates which engine FH will use.
So most likely this is a new iteration of the FM6 engine.

Fox Mulder

It's amazing how fast Microsoft is able to pump these out. These aren't mediocre upgrades either usually. Forza Horizon is amazing, and Forza Motorsport always improves and builds on the last (bedsides the first Forza in Xbox One from what I hear). It's a shame I'm not a racing fan lol, I would definitely pick these up.

And what's up with some of the passive aggressiveness in this thread?

Even Forza 5 was an improvement. It was a launch title with less content because they cut things to update them rather than use old gen assets. It got tracks added in for free and they addressed issues with the in game economy.

Sebmugi

In a few hours we will be fixed, but seen the price announced the console it will take more than a mixture of technology to make me buy :/

theWB27

In a few hours we will be fixed, but seen the price announced the console it will take more than a mixture of technology to make me buy :/

So then the Scorpio overall isn't for you I reckon. That's seriously all the console is. Making Xbox One games look better.

VeeP

Even Forza 5 was an improvement. It was a launch title with less content because they cut things to update them rather than use old gen assets. It got tracks added in for free and they addressed issues with the in game economy.

Ah, okay. Glad to know they improved some of the issues. Everytime these games drop I always try and demo and hope it clicks with me lol, never does. Hopefully one day, Microsoft creates Forza: Midnight Club or something. Would be perfect for me.

Gestault

When someone posts 3+ times on a single page to let everyone know they're disappointed and won't be buying the system associated with a game, and describe their brand of choice, you can tell they mean it.

Sydle

I'm not buying this one unless they improve the career mode. Regardless, I'm going to be watching the reveal and start dreaming how the next Horizon will look like
set in Japan

Sillverrr

I wonder how this compares to GT: Sport. I haven't enjoyed GT since its PS2 glory days; likewise, mainline Forza on the relatively weak Xbox One looked a little bland. It could be exciting times for console racing fans.

Also, I don't get the complaints, based on a limited no. of screenshots. Wait for actual footage?

Noobcraft

Forza leaked? Thats 33% of MS conference.
giphy.gif

c0de

I'm just pointing out the fact they've released 5 Forza games this gen alone. But a 3rd mainline Forzarelease halfway through the gen also is pretty crazy.

So you go just by the name because it's a stronger message you are trying to tell?
And no, it's not crazy. 5 was really not that good, 6 was improved a lot and reviewed excellent.
If 7 improves that even further, what is wrong with that if the quality is above many other racers?

rrs

I'm not buying this one unless they improve the career mode. Regardless, I'm going to be watching the reveal and start dreaming how the next Horizon will look like
set in Japan
That and perhaps taking more of a underground racing inspiration/some actual progress structure like with the FH3 DLC will be a dream game. I salivate for some more proper semi-sim street racing action
Guess this will be a play anywhere title? At least I hope so..
yeah, MS is going all in on making W10 & Xbox consoles the same platform for games

le.phat

So you go just by the name because it's a stronger message you are trying to tell?
And no, it's not crazy. 5 was really not that good, 6 was improved a lot and reviewed excellent.
If 7 improves that even further, what is wrong with that if the quality is above many other racers?

Dude you are way tense. That E3 hype getting to you ?

le.phat

That's some way to evade answering my questions. Expected.

Oh you asked a question ? Well, here's my opinion:

What's the matter with pumping out 3 mainline games 4 years into the gen ? It wears the franchise out. Not even Dark Souls could shrug off some of that fatigue for me after Demon souls, Dark souls 1&2, Bloodborne and finally Dark souls 3. I wish a lot more franchises would take longer to simmer, while creating room for new stuff. Even if the quality upholds, if things become expected then they start to become boring.

theWB27

Oh you asked a question ? Well, here's my opinion:

What's the matter with pumping out 3 mainline games 4 years into the gen ? It wears the franchise out. Not even Dark Souls could shrug off some of that fatigue for me after Demon souls, Dark souls 1&2, Bloodborne and finally Dark souls 3. I wish a lot more franchises would take longer to simmer, while creating room for new stuff. Even if the quality upholds, if things become expected then they start to become boring.

People say this as if they're forced to buy every entry put out. Have some self control and get one when you feel like getting one. Complaining that they release them 2 years apart while still upping it's quality isn't a great argument in itself.

If you bought 5 then 7 gives you 4 years of rest. If you skipped 5 and went to six then skip 7 and wait for 8 and boom you got 4 years. Not expecting a game doesn't make it better at all.

Oneself

Milking? Racing and Sports games have been coming out annually or biannually for a while now. GT coming out once every 5 years is the odd one out.
About sports; you are right (including Nascar, F1 & WRC).

But we've rarely seen a racing franchise getting the COD/yearly treatment. Only NFS has been milked to death.

And by that, I didn't mean it was a bad franchise, au contraire, it's actually surprisingly steady in terms of quality.

Nintendo can get away with it why can't Microsoft?
Nintendo got away with it? Well, certainly not in my opinion.
Except for their console designs, they've been quite predictable since the N64 days.
Why wouldnt they. They sell great every year and they get good reviews.
You should be shocked if they didnt release a Forza.
Definitely. It's just the most unsurprising leak possible coming from MS.

Top Bottom