• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News: alleged serial killer has "an affinity" for "death-laden" Dark Souls

adj_noun

A dastardly trend that has, through gratuitous depictions of graphic violence, desensitized our youth to the responsibilities of their age and created a generation of shiftless juvenile delinquents.

Seduction_of_the_Innocent.jpg

RoeBear

Instead of saying it's games why aren't they blaming movies like 007. Just say they believe the government issued themselves a license to kill.

Linkyn

I love how he just radiates expertise:

We do know that she has an affinity for the fantasy game called "Dark Soul", which is a very dark, death-laden video game on Playstation and other kind of... uhh... video-type things (...)

gogosox8

Can some murderer please say they were influenced by Fox News?
Or even better, when will these news programs stop giving murderers these elongated biographical special features. Like what the fuck is even their point?

They give the hour long biographical features because people watch them. Otherwise they wouldn't do them. That's why the media is so concerned with what music they listened to, movies they watched, and video games they played. Its gives them something to use to that they can stretch out the story.

"A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice."

Fluoridization is the problem. Or maybe it's all the American Idol, Project Runway, Maury on TV. Don't forget about Marilyn Manson!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's hilarious how they mention her alleged affinity for the game first, and then mentioned "oh she was also sexually abused as a child", because that's a far less important factor with regards to her mental health, right?

Coconut

Banned
Does anyone else think that maybe PR groups pay Fox News to run these sensational stories? Or that maybe news corp or an affiliate owns stock in the publisher or developer of the games they cover?

BibiMaghoo

It's hilarious how they mention her alleged affinity for the game first, and then mentioned "oh she was also sexually abused as a child", because that's a far less important factor with regards to her mental health, right?

Allegedly, which her mother denies. There is proof of one point, none of the other.

Krakn3Dfx

Of course they gloss over the countless lives saved during the hundreds of hours she was putting into Dark Souls.

Maybe I'm just a "glass half full" kind of guy tho.

Teknoman

Technically Dark Souls isnt laden with death. I mean you're undead, most of the inhabitants are either undead, demons of some sort, or monsters. Guess they were just looking for something to bring up via past history.

So out of the millions of people that have played Dark Souls, one of them might be a serial killer ? How is this a news story? How is this journalism ?

This is beyond rediculous. I don't see the correlation.

hesido

Breaking news: Serial killer ratio among Dark Souls players is 1:2 300 000 , slightly higher than average population.

Ferrio

Banned
Won't shut up about this girl in my town since she lived here when she was in kindergarten... fucking kindergarten... like that makes a fucking difference or is notable in any way.

Teknoman

Not related, but why wouldnt someone believe a 5'6 girl could be a serial killer? Thats just being shortsighted if you want to solve crimes.

lol at other video type things.

Top Bottom