• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News: alleged serial killer has "an affinity" for "death-laden" Dark Souls

RedSwirl

What really got me was how the box render showed up on screen like a book.

Okay seriously though, I stopped watching after the mention of DS, but it sounds like to me the guy was suggesting the girl was into Dark Souls as a symptom or sign of her already being messed up, not that DS was was actually a cause of this.

Cragvis

Twas not dark souls that made her do it, it was those cursed comic books and that satanic rock and/or roll music the kids listen to.

Have you even played any of that music backwards? If you do it tells you to play dark souls.

Its like how skyrim made me wander everywhere and mario made me jump on my turtle and feed its shell to my pet lizard in hopes that he could fly with it in his mouth. Its a good thing ive never played carmageddon.

Back in the day when kids were caught burning down trees and starting fires, Beavis and Butthead were blamed.

The Matrix was blamed for Columbine by some

This type of thing is not new, to find stupid little movie / gaming connections like this with people who do stupid things.

Darksol

I swear, if I ever go on a murder spree and they ask me why I did it I'll tell them it was Fox News, The Republican Party and the NRA.

Ironjam

I love how they emphasize Dark soul the death-laden video game on those video type thingies and follow it up with her suffering child abuse as a kid and having an abortion after an unwanted pregnancy.

The game did it yo.

On the upside, good marketing for Dark souls.

Man I hate having something like this attached to a great game... but the sales are certainly going to be welcome.

... Hey, is this the first japanese game to join the scapegoat club? If so, congrats From. Broke through that glass ceiling lol.

Brannon

Bg2aS1iCIAEtHNK.jpg

I think FOX has a point, what with what the average Darks Souls player and all...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQKrgA6Ye2g

Goddamnit.. Couldn't these retards at least stick to CoD?

But the NRA likes how CoD glorifies guns in a way so FOX won't go after that one too hard. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
"It's hard to believe someone of her stature could even do something like this."

Are you fucking serious? *smh*

Also she was obviously a member of the Darkwraith Covenant

eliochip

Next on Fox

A record high among students Bravely Defaulting on their student loans. The culprit? We'll tell you after the commercial break.

Steel

Banned
Wow. One person out of the millions of people who played dark souls became a Serial killer. Damn. The next logical assumption is that Dark souls must then cause people to become serial killers, right?

A man who is said to have loved Cheetos Killed a man that is said to have loved Doritos. Is this the beinning of a trend ? Do we have a cheesy snack turf war on our hands ? Are Cheetos a gateway snack that leads users to the thirst for human blood.

-Fox News

Art is a reflection of society, if you do not like what you see in the mirror, do not blame the mirror.

I know critical thinking is a heavy lift for some on the right.

Wolff

Mario Kart made more people want to kill someone else than Dark Souls ever did.

Anyway, good for From Software. They got free advertisement.

The fact that people still believe shit like this enforces my theory that hunchbacked troglodytes and subterranean mole people have either interbred with humans or integrated into human society.

Tevious

Technically Dark Souls isnt laden with death. I mean you're undead, most of the inhabitants are either undead, demons of some sort, or monsters. Guess they were just looking for something to bring up via past history.

I'm sure the guy knows next to nothing about the game. The only reason they gave it any attention at all was because of the title and that its a video game. Basically, their thinking is like this: "She plays a video game called Dark Souls, so she must be into some sick satanic shit."

CamHostage

(Timestamp on the FoxNews.com video- 2:40 or so, by the way.)

"A very dark, death-laden video game on PlayStation and other ... kind of ... video-type things."

As with most of the discussion points this pundit Peter Johnson, Jr. had to offer, there was very little expertise at work in almost four minutes of chatter. The bulk of it could be summed up in his own words, "We don't have the evidence at this point..."

MSNBC blames the tea party and guns for murder. Fox blames games. How about we just blame the individual responsible? What happened to that? Why is it always something else? There was all sorts of murder before all of the things we like to blame these days.

Tellaerin

MSNBC blames the tea party and guns for murder. Fox blames games. How about we just blame the individual responsible? What happened to that? Why is it always something else? There was all sorts of murder before all of the things we like to blame these days.

Ultimately the individual is responsible, yes. I don't think anyone's arguing otherwise. But guns are tools for killing, whether it's killing animals or other humans. Ready access to guns makes it far easier for would-be murderers to act on their inclinations, and leads to more fatal outcomes. It wouldn't hurt to have less of them floating around, or to have more stringent measures in place to keep them out of the hands of people who would misuse them.

Top Bottom