• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News: alleged serial killer has "an affinity" for "death-laden" Dark Souls

hayguyz

Banned
leave it to GAF to make jokes about murder

maybe when your loved one is taken from you, we'll laugh about it then too

benzy

Hilarious how randomly they just brought up Dark Souls. How did they even know this? Did she tell them? She probably has a whole shelf of other games if they were searching through her stuff.

Weiss

Banned
One of these days i want one of these serial killers to turn out to be a hardcore conservative who religiously watched Fox News and owned tons of Glenn Beck memorabilia.

spekkeh

Banned
Listen, I played Dark Souls too, and while the janky combat and terrible menus made me want to kill lots of people, I didn't act on it.

We'll see how I feel after Dark Souls II tho.
I like how you're trolling a room full of potential mass murderers. You sir have balls of steel.

Or Preparing to Die

dreamfall

"AN AFFINITY FOR DARK SOUL"

Jesus. I really wonder if she did kill that many people, but this guy is definitely reaching. You'd think he'd at least get the title right.

Hilarious how randomly they just brought up Dark Souls. How did they even know this? Did she tell them? She probably has a whole shelf of other games if they were searching through her stuff.

I'd like to know if she wipes sitting or standing. There could be some kind of connection here.

Alleged serial killer Miranda Harbour apparently liked Dark Souls. Not one to be unattentive to important details, Fox News picked up on it and included it in their coverage. Because of course they did.

Bg2aS1iCIAEtHNK.jpg

video here

I love that screen shot. Just imagine a million 68 year-olds (the average age of Fox viewers) seeing that.

One of these days i want one of these serial killers to turn out to be a hardcore conservative who religiously watched Fox News and owned tons of Glenn Beck memorabilia.

That wouldn't really be "news", though.

Besides, Fox News isn't a murder simulator that trains you to circle-strafe and evasive roll, or the importance of the parry-riposte.

Mask

Wut. Did she praise the sun after killing her victims or something? Was she writing "Amazing chest ahead" in chalk at the scene of the crime?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Did she read Twilight? Or eat cornflakes?

Because when millions of copies of anything are consumed, there's a fair chance that one or two of those people might be a nutter.

Nah, it's definitely that one thing.

Cragvis

Must have been what she saw after each murder

dark-souls-you-defeated.jpg

Probably didnt get the same sense of satisfaction you get when you do it in game though.

marrec

Banned
I like how you're trolling a room full of potential mass murderers. You sir have balls of steel.

Or Preparing to Die

Eh, if any of them try anything they'll just end up rolling themselves off a cliff or holding their shields up to me for hours on end waiting for me to do something.

Durante

leave it to GAF to make jokes about murder

maybe when your loved one is taken from you, we'll laugh about it then too
I just see GAF making jokes about Fox News. Which seems a bit redundant, considering that the entire channel is clearly a joke (like the Onion), but otherwise fine.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Theoretically they could scan gamertags and pick and choose which one would be a good target for media attention.

Can some murderer please say they were influenced by Fox News?
Or even better, when will these news programs stop giving murderers these elongated biographical special features. Like what the fuck is even their point?

I'm sure many murders are influenced by Fox News, if only subconsciously.

Alienous

Ah fuck, they've torn it with me now.

They need to do some fucking research before even implying such a preposterous connection.

Top Bottom