• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank O’Connor: "There is plenty of chance that Halo 5 could appear on the PC."

I don't get it why they don't release MCC and Halo 5 on PC? It's not like the 1-5 million PC owners interested in Halo are going to buy a Xbone to play the game.

Don't know what else there is to lose
At this point they probably want to deliver h5 first on xbone before porting mcc, so on the fence buyers that would otherwise wait could get an bone.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The list of promises about Halo on PC is about as long as the list of promsies about MS finally taking PC seriously nowaitwemeanitthistime

jaypah

The list of promises about Halo on PC is about as long as the list of promsies about MS finally taking PC seriously nowaitwemeanitthistime

I wouldn't exactly call this a promise lol.

I'd buy this on PC but I don't really expect it to happen for a long time if at all.

Darkangel

ofc it's coming to pc how else would we able to get three monitor halo 5 like in mission impossible?

aruOK4g.png

I'm convinced that Mission Impossible and Dexter are in the same universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpABUzPN9cU

Nevadatan

It isn't behind a paywall any more.

You realize that Games for Windows Live used to require a subscription for multiplayer just like XBL Gold, right?

People rejected this idea wholesale, so they made it free in 2008. If you notice, that's also when Microsoft's game releases for PC dropped off a damn cliff.

Halo 2 Vista still have a remnant of that age on the multiplayer section:
"Xbox Live Gold Matches", and its number its always 0 since.
they never updated the game to remove that. (not that the game needed updates to addressee other things but carry on.)

ArchAngel

Played the first one on PC, but it felt not right after I played it on Xbox first. Will be a console-shooter forever to me.

Just got my H5 copy from my retailer minutes ago :p

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
they gonna kill the xbox one

RK9039

Well there's plenty of chance for me to be interested then.

Literally just updated to Win10 yesterday after having it remind me everyday for some months now.

Gestault

PC gaming has that nerdy stigma attached to it

Sounds harsh but you know people (casuals) feel that way

Good thing us gamers aren't like those casuals.

I'd like to see more of the bigger-budget first party games on PC. This statement feels like it's recognizing that the practical barriers that used to be there have mostly changed. He's not a policy guy, but it's a good sign he's comfortable making a statement like this outwardly.

Trup1aya

Its not like everyone who plays halo would jump to PC

It's not that...

There is simply a ton of people who don't want to bother with playing games on PCs... They probably have no idea Steam exists. Don't want to fool with driver updates, they can't perceive buying a PC and installing it in their living room for the primary purpose of gaming.

They just wanna play games with their friends and family they way they have always been doing it.

there are PC gamers who can say "I'm not buying an Xbox for Halo , I'll just play on the PC I already have"

But your typical console gaming can't say they already have a PC that could run the game... There's a transition required that people just wouldn't make...

If people haven't bought an XBox One for Halo already or within the next couple months they're probably not going to by the time MS could possibly bring it over as a "Windows 10 exclusive" on PC. There's still a somewhat sizable potential PC audience who might not want to buy an XBO but could have an interest in Halo. It's money Microsoft could be leaving on the table.

Agreed. I think waiting 9-12 months would probably be a good idea.

Its not like everyone who plays halo would jump to PC

It doesn't need to be everyone... There is probably loads of people with a capable PC that have bought or are planning to buy an xb1 just for halo.

Jinaar

Six pages for the same noncommittal answer I give every time that question is asked...

Yep, people are insane. I shake my head so much, I have PTSD. Just read the other XBOX LIVE Numbers thread and that gave me a headache.

Again, if people placed this much effort into their communities as they do posting nonsense on Internet boards, we'd have a utopia.

It doesn't need to be everyone... There is probably loads of people with a capable PC that have bought or are planning to buy an xb1 just for halo.

I would bet the number not planning on doing that is larger. I'd probably by multiple copes on PC just for co-op for some folks who've never even played a Halo game. The potential for growth is there, I think the people who wanted Halo got their Xbox One when the MC collection came out.

jgf

That would be glorious. Now I only need the MCC collection to also appear on PC and I finally can experience the full Halo lore, without buying yet-another-console.

A day 1 purchase for me. No doubt about it.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
What a weird thing to say just a few days before the game's launch.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Stinkles was asked the question and he gave his stock "noncommittal answer"... that is all.
I realise that, but most people don't know about his past answers, this piece of news is everywhere now. Plus don't you think saying "Hey, it's possible" is a bit different than saying "There is plenty of chance that it could happen!"?

I don't care if it does appear on PC someday, just an observation.

Is he saying there is no market for halo on PC?

That's the kind of reasoning we typically get. That or they are just focusing on the Xbox One release because they don't want to add to the developer's workload now and they'll look into later after the initial launch.

They never come out and say that they don't release on Windows because they want to keep the Xbox One as desirable as possible with first party exclusives.

Top Bottom