• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FUSE is gold, first discs manufactured

There is a ton of footage and previews out there for the game. We've live streamed about 3 hours of gameplay on our Twitch channel - http://www.twitch.tv/insomniacgames

People can watch and see for themselves if they like what they see, but we have not been shy in showing it off.

It's not you guys that have been shy. EA don't seem to be holding up their end of the bargain. Where is the advertising? Where is the Manchester cathedral controversy getting your games onto mainstream news? Right now I have an advert for SWTOR on this GAF page, an EA game. Why they hell isn't that advert for FUSE?

EA are killing this game, and it could be that it's one of the games of the generation, but so few people know it exists that it won't get bought by many. That makes me sad as a gamer and as someone who loves your studio's game output.

dc89

I haven't seen this game advertised anywhere and I'm genuinely clued up. But I just watched a few game play clips on YouTube and yeah, it doesn't look that bad!

Sme interesting, Mass Effect style team play mechanics where you combine abilities and weapons etc. sure it's not everyone's cup of tea but I bet the guys who buy it will enjoy it.

Shinta

Banned
I haven't seen this game advertised anywhere and I'm genuinely clued up. But I just watched a few game play clips on YouTube and yeah, it doesn't look that bad!

Sme interesting, Mass Effect style team play mechanics where you combine abilities and weapons etc. sure it's not everyone's cup of tea but I bet the guys who buy it will enjoy it.

It looked better than I expected. The guns look (and sound) pretty neat. That's about all I saw though. I'm interested in what this game is like single player.

dc89

It looked better than I expected. The guns look (and sound) pretty neat. That's about all I saw though. I'm interested in what this game is like single player.

Well I'll try the demo and take it from there.

It's different from the shooter clones we get these days, so props to the developers for trying something a little different. I hope it comes off.

FStop7

Banned
Fuse reminds me a lot of Haze - but at least that game had some hype behind it. Free Radical lasted about 6 months after Haze's release

I actually fear for Insomniac

I had Fuse confused with Brink. And Fortnight.

I'm sure it will be a fine game and I hope it does well but it seems to be getting the Bulletstorm/Syndicate treatment.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Some of you guys are really harsh I don't even understand why some of you post just to make fun or crack some "smart" jokes.

Anyway, I'll try the demo and see if I like it but I must admit I have seen next to nothing in terms of marketing for this game.

I think there is going to be a small vocal group of people on GAF who buy this game just to rip it apart. It's going to be the feel bad event of the Spring.
Unfortunately, only the bottom half was visible.
Fitting given the bottom half of the NPDs is the best they can hope for.

The Weekend Confirmed puff piece is going to be awkward.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Its hard to imagine something worse in Insomniacs portfolio than Resistance 2, we shall see soon.

Resistance 2 is one of the worst FPS I've played this gen and yes I genuinely mean that. But I like Insomniac, they did a fantastic job with Resistance 3 (the only game I like in the series) and I certainly don't wish them any ill will. They all seem like a likeable bunch and FUSE looks fun from all the footage. So I look forward to giving it a whirl anyway :)

I do think they should put it on PC though, surely that would be easy money for them. If they don't know much about PC porting use Steamworks for the coop to make life easy for themselves. I think it would do ok on PC tbh.

I was impressed by the gameplay shown during the interview Price had with Sessler recently. Looks like a really fun co-op experience. Maybe even a worthwhile single player game as well, with the on-the-fly character switching.

Arkam

Yeah, sometimes games finish a bit early and are held up to 1-1.5 months for a better release window business wise.

This is most common with January releases or November releases, but it's not unheard of outside that window.

Its pretty common all year long. Holidays and such may not change each year, but the competition's release schedule does. You may have planned for the "perfect" release date, only to find out that GTA/WhateverisBig is releasing the week before. Clearly that will overshadow you game so you move the release date to something more "open".

Plus we should all know that going Gold is no way indicative of the game being done. It just means it was approved by first party (which may be conditional on a day 1 patch).

Regardless I hope Insomniac's game does well. Glad to see them going multiplat :D

man, gaf is ruthless.
sadly, if some established franchises haven't been doing that great this year, i really don't think fuse has any chance. seems pretty generic to me, but i will try a demo for ps3, although i don't think my first impression of the game will change.

With a new IP and "jumping ship", it's obvious some people are gonna react.

However, it really does seem like EA sent insomniac for a DoA game. games are promoted through heavy advertisement... and I really don't know any information except a a few videos showing that it pretends to be a standalone R2 coop version, which is not good for me as it was farming quests.

To be honest, i'd have liked something that doesn't scream mainstream in terms of design. The gameplay is too stiff. I think that you (insomniac) could've done an interesting blend of upgrading, range weapons and melee weapons combined with networking. Essentially making a beat em up/hack n slash shooter with multiple skill choices.

However we seem to get R2 coop with over the shoulder and a few melee instakills.

Ryuhza

Banned
I might have payed attention to OVERSTRIKE!

E3-2011-Overstrike-Presented-by-Insomniac-Games-and-EA-2.jpg

Why can't I buy this game with my money?

I wonder if (theoretically) there was a PC version if that it would have to be bound to Origin due to being an EA partners game. If that is the case than the staunch "no PC!!!" stance makes a little more sense, since it would probably be a waste of money to put it out if it had to be bound to Origin.

impirius

So strange to see the Insomniac logo on an Xbox cover...

Here's hoping the demo is strong and gets some positive word-of-mouth going.

I wonder if (theoretically) there was a PC version if that it would have to be bound to Origin due to being an EA partners game. If that is the case than the staunch "no PC!!!" stance makes a little more sense, since it would probably be a waste of money to put it out if it had to be bound to Origin.

EA Partners don't have to do anything with origin if they don't want to.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/102850/ Warp for example or Shank 1/2.

EA Partners don't have to do anything with origin if they don't want to.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/102850/ Warp for example or Shank 1/2.

I think it is on a contract by contract basis. IIRC 38 Studios said that they had to do hard negotiations to get a self published Kingdoms of Amalur out on Steam with Steamworks (and every other version of the game is origin bound). But yeah, I guess there is not a huge track record of Origin bound games from the EA partners program.

I'm buying it.

It'll be like one vote of support in a vast sea of no-one-gives-a-damn. It won't help. It won't matter. But my one purchase, that one disc I actually pay money for, will be my statement that says to the world "Please, World, Please Let Mediocre Games Keep Getting Made Because Sometimes I Really Like Them."

Think of the Syndicates, the Singularity-s, the Wolfensteins, the Bulletstorms. FUSE, I shall lift that copy of you on high, to that shelf of 5-10 hour campaigns that have me shoot some robots, proudly, and in five years, when all I have to choose from is COD clones, AC clones, MOBAs and Angry Birds, I'll look at you and remember the time when mediocrity reigned.

Shine on, FUSE! Shine on. Next time, more Face please.

They should have continued working with Sony. Sony would have at the very least prominently featured the game using web sites. It would have also helped them eat development costs a little easier. The benefits they got from Sony dwarf the ones it looks like they're getting from EA.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's R2 Co Op successor so im hype.

So it'll be 4 maps with like 2-4 variations with a grind longer than it should be so it'll get old really fast despite being the best mode in R2?

Hmmm... not going to buy it then.

I think it is on a contract by contract basis. IIRC 38 Studios said that they had to do hard negotiations to get a self published Kingdoms of Amalur out on Steam with Steamworks (and every other version of the game is origin bound). But yeah, I guess there is not a huge track record of Origin bound games from the EA partners program.

I'm pretty sure that was a totally different issue where EA had nothing to do with the steam version of that at all. I have no clue how they wrangled that one. Same with Brutal Legend, although in that case I think they just retained PC publishing rights.

Top Bottom