• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

roytheone

I'm too lazy to read through old posts so someone fill me in on why was a new site necessary?

Also that layout is abysmal I mean I thought GAF was out of date but jesus, I forgot what it was like to forum in the 00s.

There was a short dog Vs cat discussion between me and gorlak and I was sad you weren't there to back me up :(

Burbeting

Banned
Hi guys, what new has happened in last week or so? I assumed we are waiting for Crabby now so I have been kinda out of the loop, sorry.

Sorian

Banned
Hi guys, what new has happened in last week or so? I assumed we are waiting for Crabby now so I have been kinda out of the loop, sorry.

YNNNY is starting the recruitment thread very very very shortly. MGS just finished day 1 about 2 hours ago. Not much else. If people stay tuned for later tonight, I'm going to open up sign-ups for ONUW 7 with further instructions (this'll be next week of course)

RetroMG

I'm too lazy to read through old posts so someone fill me in on why was a new site necessary?

To answer this a bit more thoroughly - As someone said before, it's a replacement for QT. As a QT replacement, it offers some things QT didn't. Better controls on who can post in threads, as well as who can even see threads. Quoting and GIFs are also available, where they weren't in QT.

It also allows us to more easily group different threads together and manage them more effectively. It gives us a little bit of latitude that we might not get sometimes here on GAF, and a good way to keep us all organized in case someone else gets banned from NeoGaf.

And, it serves as an extra little community hub for this group. We've got a little board to talk about video games. Someone suggested a text-based roleplaying thread, which we can certainly do if there's interest.

This may come across as patting my own back or tooting my own horn, but I'm really pleased with Outer Gafia and gratified that people have come to use it. I wanted to make a nice place for this group, because I have come to regard you all as friends. If you don't want to use it as anything more than a QT replacement, that's fine. If you do, come on over, just don't track mud on the carpet. It's new. Wipe your feet.

Sorian

Banned
To answer this a bit more thoroughly - As someone said before, it's a replacement for QT. As a QT replacement, it offers some things QT didn't. Better controls on who can post in threads, as well as who can even see threads. Quoting and GIFs are also available, where they weren't in QT.

It also allows us to more easily group different threads together and manage them more effectively. It gives us a little bit of latitude that we might not get sometimes here on GAF, and a good way to keep us all organized in case someone else gets banned from NeoGaf.

And, it serves as an extra little community hub for this group. We've got a little board to talk about video games. Someone suggested a text-based roleplaying thread, which we can certainly do if there's interest.

This may come across as patting my own back or tooting my own horn, but I'm really pleased with Outer Gafia and gratified that people have come to use it. I wanted to make a nice place for this group, because I have come to regard you all as friends. If you don't want to use it as anything more than a QT replacement, that's fine. If you do, come on over, just don't track mud on the carpet. It's new. Wipe your feet.

I WONDER WHO THAT WAS

oh, POTENTIAL game runners: if you want me to include image for your games, pls PM them or post them here and i'll put them up later

right now they are all just text. not as pretty :x

EDIT: Actually, i will wait for you guys to give me meat for the games in the run for Season 4. I think it's important to make them presentable and inviting and stuff :>

Season 3's sign up post linked here, for your references.

the thread is ready. i think. just waiting for your pretties now :D

yeah but yours is super cool. :p
MuMnRFz.png

Sorian

Banned
Night Vale makes me wet. I turned into an instant fan so quickly (though their book promotion was too over the top for me and kind of lame)

RetroMG

Night Vale makes me wet. I turned into an instant fan so quickly (though their book promotion was too over the top for me and kind of lame)

The advertising for Night Vale is really the thing I dislike the most. It starts out only with ads at the back end of the episode, but then they start putting stuff at the beginning of the episode, and it just goes on and on.

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

and the flavour too, please, people!

retro's flavour is so delish~ *_______*

You are too kind. Please be less kind.

I'm kidding, don't ever change.

Sorian

Banned
The advertising for Night Vale is really the thing I dislike the most. It starts out only with ads at the back end of the episode, but then they start putting stuff at the beginning of the episode, and it just goes on and on.

The perils of any podcast. They start so modest with only stuff at the end of the episode then as their fanbase and advertisement capability grow, all of sudden the front side is stacked too.

RetroMG

One thing that's been bothering me:

The marked area should have a white background. Or at least some colour that differentiates it from the rest of the reply box.

But that may just be me.

I'll look into it.

EDIT: Let me know if that's better. Pure white didn't really look great so I went with light grey.
EDIT2: And it went to every border on the site. Darkening it more.
EDIT3: I think I found a happy medium.

Sorian

Banned
Sign-ups for ONUW 7 are NOW open. The discussion portion of the game will take palce between Monday 5pm EST to Tuesday 5pm PST or Thursday 5pm EST to Friday 5pm EST. These two times coincide with night phases in the current MGS game so it gives some coverage so people have another game to spectate during the night phase. I'm giving priority to players who are dead or not in MGS to spread the love. ANYONE can and should sign up and I'll figure out priorities later.

1. Scrafty
2. Roytheone
3. cabot
4. Splinter
5. RetroMG
6. SalvaPot
7. Zippedpinhead
8. Terrabyte20xx

Roles this time:

Doppelganger
Alpha Wolf
Mystic Wolf
Minion
Masons
Seer
Robber
Witch
Troublemaker
Drunk
Cursed
Tanner
Tanner's Wife
Prince

As you can see, this time around we will be swapping out the Sentinel role for the Prince. I liked the balance of the last ONUW so I don't want to tweak it too much but I want to introduce you to as many new roles as I can so I will swamp in and out as I see fit. The Price is a simple role. He can't be lynched. If you all vote for him then he will decline your lynch and you'll have to lynch the second highest voter instead.

When you sign up, please tell me if your prefer Monday-Tuesday discussion or Thursday-Friday discussion.

Edit: 2 votes for Monday-Tuesday and a bunch of meh whatevers

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Just sent my flavor stuff to Yeeny.

For those of you who know the flavor, here's some clues as to what should be expected:

aaX42vw.jpg

AeGXE4N.gif

Sorian

Banned
Terra, give me a number, I'm trying to gauge how erect I should be.

I also want to make our bastard system more precise, so here is a scale:

1: This is classic mafia - only vanilla scum and town, and normal mechanics.
2: This is an open game (all roles present in the game are revealed) with traditional roles.
3: This is an open game (all roles present in the game are revealed) with some non-traditional roles.
4: This is a semi-open game (all roles present come from a pre-revealed list, but not all roles on the list are necessarily present) with traditional roles.
5: This is a closed game (no roles aside from vanilla town and vanilla mafia are known) with traditional roles. When Death is On the Line (my season 1 game) is an example of this.
6: This is a closed game (no roles aside from vanilla town and vanilla mafia are known) with some non-traditional roles. A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy (MattAttack's season 2 game) is an example of this.
7: This is a closed game with some non-traditional roles and non-traditional mechanics that nevertheless don't fundamentally deviate too far from the mafia norm. Making Animal Friends is Awesome! (Karkador's season 2 game) is an example of this, as is Ourobolus's season 3 Archer game.
8: This is a role madness game which where traditional mechanics are employed (or only slight deviations), but everyone or almost everyone has a role and these roles are not necessarily restricted to the normal set of roles.
9: This is a closed game with some non-traditional roles and non-traditional mechanics that very fundamentally change it from how mafia would normally be expected to work and require very different approaches to play. LaunchpadMcQ's season 3 Danganronpa game and traube's season 3 Cthulhu game are examples of this.
10: This is a total madness game where every player has a role, these roles are not necessarily traditional and there are strong non-standard mechanics.
11: This is a full bastard game. You are all in the Matrix. This scale is merely an attempt by your deeper subconscious to expand your epistemological uncertainty to a ground where you can make conclusions on existentialism and the state of your reality. The moderators are lying to you. Your win condition is meaningless and probably a lie. What does it even mean to "win" in life? Do we have a purpose? Trust nobody. Eat the red pill.

As a clarification, any role or combination of roles which introduces "untruths" by the moderator is non-traditional. E.g., the Godfather (reveals Innocent on Cop reports) is non-traditional because it involves the moderator giving false information to the Cop (although the Godfather and the Miller are probably the tamest examples of this).

If you could all rerank your games by this scale, that would be nice.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Terra, give me a number, I'm trying to gauge how erect I should be.

6-7. It was balenced first and foremost as a mafia game. That being said, I did throw in some... How should I put it? Interesting elements that ever so slightly change the game. It only really affects a few specific roles, so it's not like it's Cthulhu or anything.

got you, terra! now yours and retro looks pretty pretty *_____*

i've selected some placeholder images for the rest of the others. cuz this thread is defo ready to go :> but i shall wait until monday as promised :>

yeeeeeey

Top Bottom