• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia/Werewolf |OT| A forum game of secrets and treachery - sign up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
I got the Harry Potter Mafia flavor ready to go
82c48da774cf78f983e0c714d3de8291.gif

was...was the gif it? XD

kay so im only waiting on palmer, burbsy and makai for the pic/flavour stuff... makai already gave a pic tho, just need some texts from him ... if he would like to give some. so basically we're almost there :>

i dont think palmer is the picca type... and i'm not sure how burbsy going to tackle marketing his game seeing that his theme is sort of kept a secret.... but yeah, im likely to post the recruitment thread very soon, y'all ^_____^

Palmer_v1

kay so im only waiting on palmer, burbsy and makai for the pic/flavour stuff... makai already gave a pic tho, just need some texts from him ... if he would like to give some. so basically we're almost there :>

i dont think palmer is the picca type... and i'm not sure how burbsy going to tackle marketing his game seeing that his theme is sort of kept a secret.... but yeah, im likely to post the recruitment thread very soon, y'all ^_____^
No description needed for mine, really. Its just Ultimate Werewolf. I'm not wasting any time on fluffy crap unless i know its being run.

Sorian

Banned
Sign-ups for ONUW 7 are NOW open. The discussion portion of the game will take palce between Monday 5pm EST to Tuesday 5pm PST or Thursday 5pm EST to Friday 5pm EST. These two times coincide with night phases in the current MGS game so it gives some coverage so people have another game to spectate during the night phase. I'm giving priority to players who are dead or not in MGS to spread the love. ANYONE can and should sign up and I'll figure out priorities later.

1. Scrafty
2. Roytheone
3. cabot
4. Splinter
5. RetroMG
6. SalvaPot
7. Zippedpinhead
8. Terrabyte20xx

Roles this time:

Doppelganger
Alpha Wolf
Mystic Wolf
Minion
Masons
Seer
Robber
Witch
Troublemaker
Drunk
Cursed
Tanner
Tanner's Wife
Prince

As you can see, this time around we will be swapping out the Sentinel role for the Prince. I liked the balance of the last ONUW so I don't want to tweak it too much but I want to introduce you to as many new roles as I can so I will swamp in and out as I see fit. The Price is a simple role. He can't be lynched. If you all vote for him then he will decline your lynch and you'll have to lynch the second highest voter instead.

When you sign up, please tell me if your prefer Monday-Tuesday discussion or Thursday-Friday discussion.

Edit: 2 votes for Monday-Tuesday and a bunch of meh whatevers

Re-quoting myself. If it doesn't fill today, we probably won't be able to swing Monday-Tuesday discussion. Sign up everyone!

Re-quoting myself. If it doesn't fill today, we probably won't be able to swing Monday-Tuesday discussion. Sign up everyone!

If it is Monday-Tuesday I'm in. Problem is I have close to non spare time this Friday and as 5pm is 10pm in Europe (or something similar late) I probably would only be able to play the first few hours. I don't think it makes much sense for me to play on the later date.

Sorian

Banned
If it is Monday-Tuesday I'm in. Problem is I have close to non spare time this Friday and as 5pm is 10pm in Europe (or something similar late) I probably would only be able to play the first few hours. I don't think it makes much sense for me to play on the later date.

Just to make sure, the discussion would go from Thursday to Friday 10pm both times in your side of the world. Still no go?

And I'll keep you mentally noted but the Monday discussion doesn't look likely unless interest sky rockets in the next few hours.

Just to make sure, the discussion would go from Thursday to Friday 10pm both times in your side of the world. Still no go?

And I'll keep you mentally noted but the Monday discussion doesn't look likely unless interest sky rockets in the next few hours.

Have to get up Friday morning, so only 1-2 hours from start to sleep. During Friday I may have a few chances to check it. It might work, just don't expect high activity. If you desperately need one last player, I'd do it.

Sorian

Banned
Have to get up Friday morning, so only 1-2 hours from start to sleep. During Friday I may have a few chances to check it. It might work, just don't expect high activity. If you desperately need one last player, I'd do it.

Sounds good, I'll keep you posted if I need you. I just run these to give people something fun to do each week, if there isn't super interest, it's no harm in missing a week.

RetroMG

Hey, Sorian, maybe you should put a post into the recruitment thread for people who want to try Mafia before a season starts.

I would advise them to use the same names on GAF and Outer Gafia, though, so I know who is who.

Sawneeks

Banned

I'm in the same boat as Royal so if you need another person for the Monday-Tuesday game I'm down. If it's Thursday-Friday I wouldn't be able to play, I'll be out of town starting Thursday night and wouldn't be able to contribute to the game. :(

Hey, Sorian, maybe you should put a post into the recruitment thread for people who want to try Mafia before a season starts.

I would advise them to use the same names on GAF and Outer Gafia, though, so I know who is who.

ONUW is to "normal" Mafia like Assassin's Creed to Hitman. If you like one there is a strong chance you like the other, but the gameplay actually has major differences. I'm not sure if it's such a good idea.

On the other hand, my first game in here was an ONUW, got crashed by Ouro but still managed to win...

Burbeting

Banned
I will send the flavor soon, Yeeny.

Please do note, that this flavor will spoiler the twist of the game. So after yeeny puts the flavor up, note that if you want to keep yourself spoiler clear :p.

Swamped

Banned
I will send the flavor soon, Yeeny.

Please do note, that this flavor will spoiler the twist of the game. So after yeeny puts the flavor up, note that if you want to keep yourself spoiler clear :p.

Ohhh then maybe no flavor is better? Just keep it mysterious. Maybe just post an image or something.

Burbeting

Banned
Ohhh then maybe no flavor is better? Just keep it mysterious. Maybe just post an image or something.

Well I think spoiling it will be fair too now, since the gimmick of the game could be a turn-off to some people, so it's better to come clean-ish now.

Also, even one picture about it could spoil the people who have played before :D. Or I dunno how genre-savvy you folks are.

RetroMG

If I run Night Vale, I'll have to do it as a post-season game, but I thought I would throw this image out for you all, cause I like it. I already sent it to Yeeny, but I wanted to share.

eBZ2nYx.png

ONUW is to "normal" Mafia like Assassin's Creed to Hitman. If you like one there is a strong chance you like the other, but the gameplay actually has major differences. I'm not sure if it's such a good idea.

On the other hand, my first game in here was an ONUW, got crashed by Ouro but still managed to win...

#unecessarygambit
#xanatosgambit
#hyperruineditall

Sorian

Banned
ONUW will not be starting discussion today, obviously :p

We are still looking to fill up about 5 spots before I can begin and as of now, I will be aiming for Thursday 5pm EST - Friday 5pm EST (9pm-9pm GMT). If you are on my list above and can't make those times, please let me know. If we don't have the numbers, I'll be looking at times next week and re-gauging interest.

Palmer_v1

ONUW will not be starting discussion today, obviously :p

We are still looking to fill up about 5 spots before I can begin and as of now, I will be aiming for Thursday 5pm EST - Friday 5pm EST (9pm-9pm GMT). If you are on my list above and can't make those times, please let me know. If we don't have the numbers, I'll be looking at times next week and re-gauging interest.

Do smaller game! It's meant to be modular. 12 people too many people!

Top Bottom