• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's iOS Weekly Challenge 7: TINY WINGS [DAT PRIZES GENTS! Rob.Kirkman's approved!]

Gaaraz

Oh, thanks numble! I'll leave it until tomorrow then - to be honest I'm just trying to get my multiplier up (I'm currently 45 on my friends list...)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
-You can participate till the last moment, even as a new member!-

Game Center Screens taken Today@4PM GMT

puZ1PpI.jpg

5B9XFr9.jpg]
c4ap6ep.jpg
sC9f9CT.jpg

jlevel13

I'm finding this game really frustrating! I think because the art and music is so adorable, it makes it even more aggravating when you're doing poorly. the feeling when you're hittting a bunch of hills perfectly in a row and staying in the flow is great, so when things start to go bad, or you just barely miss something, it feels even worse, almost like drowning. You're chugging along in slow motion and can't seem to get going. Of course, for the best runs you need to be almost perfect, so a couple of mistakes and it feels pointless to struggle on. Trying to play this one (in the competition) seems to leave me in a sour mood...

Yes, at #26 up there
Thanks; GameCenter wasn't working for me (for this game) at all until like 11pm last night. Suddenly all my stuff from the past week showed up. Hope it stays working now - whenever I view the GC leaderboard and then exit back into the game, the game bugs out.

Dash Kappei

Oh, thanks numble! I'll leave it until tomorrow then - to be honest I'm just trying to get my multiplier up (I'm currently 45 on my friends list...)

You're aware that the competition is on distance traveled and not score tho? I mean, just in case

Gaaraz

Oh! I didn't know that... thanks Dash... I still don't stand a chance but that does certainly make it a more level playing field, ty :)

Just got 546 and it's not showing up on GC :/

It takes literally 3 minutes every time just for the game to log into it. Whole thing is super broken, at least on my iPhone (5).

#34..I'm happy with that.

I hadn't played Tiny Wings in ages and got that score first go. Since then? Have not been able to get close to it :|

Stupid game.

Dash Kappei

Winner of the daily ruffle to earn a code valid for any iTunes region for TWD:Assault has been won by:

SmokyDave

if you're reading PM me man, code needs to be redeemed asap!
___
First 2 new players to join the competition will get a code each for TWD:Assault valid to redeem on any iTunes region.

edit:
Codes gone.

Dash Kappei

Just got 546 and it's not showing up on GC :/

It takes literally 3 minutes every time just for the game to log into it. Whole thing is super broken, at least on my iPhone (5).

Little advice: you can either play offline and then upload to Game Center first time you connect online with the game, or you have to "throw away" the first game you're playing until the "welcome back" GC thing comes up (usually by Island 2 or 3). After that it should never fail to upload a score, unless you exit out of the app (then you need to redo the welcome back thingie). That's with iPhone I guess, never had a problem on iPad :shrugs:

To check the leaderboards I suggest doing it from the GC app itself rather than in-game.

Cyport

Little advice: you can either play offline and then upload to Game Center first time you connect online with the game, or you have to "throw away" the first game you're playing until the "welcome back" GC thing comes up (usually by Island 2 or 3). After that it should never fail to upload a score, unless you exit out of the app (then you need to redo the welcome back thingie). That's with iPhone I guess, never had a problem on iPad :shrugs:

To check the leaderboards I suggest doing it from the GC app itself rather than in-game.

Got 617m today after what you suggested would work for uploading the score, I waited for the welcome back thing then reset the level and it didn't upload the new score. I'm going to try offline mode I suppose

Dash Kappei

Got 617m today after what you suggested would work for uploading the score, I waited for the welcome back thing then reset the level and it didn't upload the new score. I'm going to try offline mode I suppose

That sucks. What do you mean by reset the level? I just let the tiny guy go to sleep and every game I play after that (not the one before) records to Game Center.
Did you take a screenshot so we can go by that?

Cyport

That sucks. What do you mean by reset the level? I just let the tiny guy go to sleep and every game I pkay after that records to Game Center.
Did you take a screenshot so we can go by that?

Ah I pause the game then hit the reset level button. Might try letting him go to sleep from now on. Got the screenshot anyway

Dash Kappei

Btw, it's -2 Days till the end.

So you guys should start posting screens of your highscore *IF* they're higher than the one registered by Game Center.

AngryMoth

Everything I see this thread has new posts I'm terrified someone will have beaten my score. Btw can someone tell me why it's using the name tied to my apple account on the leader board instead of my game centre username?

Dash Kappei

Everything I see this thread has new posts I'm terrified someone will have beaten my score. Btw can someone tell me why it's using the name tied to my apple account on the leader board instead of my game centre username?

Read the OP goddamn! ;-)

Because that's how Game Center works, showing yout Apple ID to friends and Game Center's handle to everyone else.

There's an easy solution to not having your Apple ID shown even to your GC friends...
...how? Again, it's in the OP :)

Dash Kappei

Guys, today it was the first time I tried Chapter 2: Flight School and...
...IT'S BEAUTIFUL :'-)

I gave a lot of crap to Andreas Illiger (or however you spell his name) when he made Tiny Wngs HD into a separate app instead of going Universal, but I have to give him full props for giving us such a killer update for free and not its own In-App Purchase.

Bravo!

Dash Kappei

Time Left on the Challenge:
t1363391700z0.png

-You can participate till the last moment, even as a new member!-

RULES UPDATE:

If your highscore hasn't been registered by Game Center, come and post it with the screenshot ASAP!
From now on, if you make a new highscore which GC didn't track, you have to come in here and post it within the hour (screen will show the time on the iDevice as well), with this format:
~
GC Name: Dash Kappi GAF
Score: 1 billion km
scorescreen.jpg
~
Screenshot can be edited in later, but to give people enough time to react you have to at least post your new highscore. Failing to do so will likely invalidate your score.

NEW TOP20
• Game Center highscores taken Today@11:30AM GMT (ie 30minutes before the time of this post) •
ge77zAO.jpg

Dash Kappei

^^^^^
Hahaha XD

Btw, holy cow Island Ten... it's crazy that there are just 18m between #10 and the podium :O
It's mental how good gaffers are at iOS games, each GAF Challenge you blow my mind going waaaaay beyond my wildest predicyions

okno

At home sick, so I decided to join in on this :)

Dash: I added you *ages* ago, but I should still be good, yeah? I still see you on my friends list.

On my second run through, got 295.9km. Hoping to be able to reach at least 400km shortly!

Dash Kappei

At home sick, so I decided to join in on this :)

Dash: I added you *ages* ago, but I should still be good, yeah? I still see you on my friends list.

On my second run through, got 295.9km. Hoping to be able to reach at least 400km shortly!

Absolutely. Just check on Gamecenter's app the Tiny Wings leaderboards (click to choose the "Distance" ledearboard), if you see me there it means you're good to go :)
What's your GC handle?

CRS

Damn it. Fuck those irregular hills. 30 M away from island 10. :(

Edit: ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I was about to leave island 9. :'(

Dash Kappei

Damn, there are actually 30 places between 400m to 500m!

Also, full leaderboard (the last one I'll post before the end) incoming which will also include non-registered scores

I'm a little sad I only saw this thread yesterday :( I always play Tiny Wings but have been playing the mode with the four baby birds recently.

Dash Kappei

t1363391100z0.png

Last Update before the end of the competition for

GAF's iOS Challenge 7

you can STILL join us and participate and have a chance to win the final raffle!

FULL LEADERBOARDS + Screenshots of scores currently not recorded by Game Center
TOTAL PLAYERS COUNT: 80 participants

dRBkAnF.jpg
SCl1SUu.jpg

TjWzA3u.jpg
WkrOyXr.jpg

aRgmjmr.jpg

~
GC Name: Tunesmith
Score: 627.5 m
i8ytkS7OMMgRF.PNG

619.4m . GC: cyport GAF

WIOfrvt.png

Game Center : Jamie Camilleri

OGhgdC0.png

AngryMoth

Read the OP goddamn! ;-)

Because that's how Game Center works, showing yout Apple ID to friends and Game Center's handle to everyone else.

There's an easy solution to not having your Apple ID shown even to your GC friends...
...how? Again, it's in the OP :)
Oops, sorry! May as well leave it now anyway.

Haven't play since the start of the week but loading it up one last time to try beat my score. Seems likei got a pretty easy layout...

Top Bottom