• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's iOS Weekly Challenge 7: TINY WINGS [DAT PRIZES GENTS! Rob.Kirkman's approved!]

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Challenge's Timeframe:

Starts March 8, 00:01 (AM) GMT
Ends: March 15, 23:45 (PM) GMT

Current GMT / World Time

t1363391100z0.png

CRS

Damn. Didn't have the time to continue playin. Was really close to leaving island 9 twice. I think I was still in the top 5 though. Great job everyone.

Dash Kappei

In the meantime, the winner of today's raffle was...

MikeDUB who takes home a code for The Walking Dead Assault :)

Say thank you to the friends at Skybound ^_^

P.S.
Yesterday's winner was SmokyDave

In the meantime, the winner of today's raffle was...

MikeDUB who takes home a code for The Walking Dead Assault :)

Say thank you to the friends at Skybound ^_^

P.S.
Yesterday's winner was SmokyDave

:O awesome! Thank you very much Skybound!

edit: oh. It already expired :(

Dash Kappei

They're coming, tonight. You'll se why it wasn't easy tracking each score, that and work have caused a slight delay, that's all :)

Dash Kappei

W.I.P. these are NOT the conplete final results

Notes:
I'm workin through it, to do so I needed to start this post and to upload screens. It's missing a lot if scores, these results are by no means final! Real deal is coming in a few hours.

Top20:
yi1uiEr.jpg

20to40:
cTbUPZg.jpg

40to60:
9KNjl8c.jpg

Last table
VHL28Eq.jpg

Pray for death
5vifjvM.jpg

Garrick Garcia
DTUC2g3.jpg

William
WTdGgzS.jpg

~
GC Name: Tunesmith
Score: 627.5 m
i8ytkS7OMMgRF.PNG

619.4m . GC: cyport GAF

WIOfrvt.png

Game Center : Jamie Camilleri

OGhgdC0.png

Dash Kappei

Thanks to Tunesmith for all the help!
Full results coming in a few minutes.

As a nice way to wrap it up, we will also have a raffle with lil' prizes between all the guys who come in to comment/thanks SkyBound/Pikpok/whatever.

Arrangements for the prizes will wait till tomorrow for the Euro guys of course :)

Dash Kappei

ib6eD5aTbZSRp.png

Challenge's Timeframe:

Starts March 8, 00:01 (AM) GMT
Ends: March 15, 23:45 (PM) GMT

Chosen Game:

fJxavjC.jpg

• TINY WINGS

Specific conditions/game modes:

• GAME MODE: DISTANCE TRAVELED in Chapter 1 "Day Trip"
[so not by score, you can check the specific "Distance" Leaderboard in-game/Game Center]

335146322.581975skuj.jpg

Well, our seventh GAF's iOS Challenge is over!

Many, many thanks go to user/dev Skybound from, well, Skybound Entertainment who offered the grand prize: that sweet The Walking Dead Volume 1 [episodes1/12] Hardbook Edition signed by noone other than THE MAN himself, series' creator Robert Kirkman! They've also offered 15 download codes for The Walking Dead Assault, which I urge you guys to try it out because... well, it's pretty cool!
Also thanks to the friends at Pikpok and Sidhe, Mario and Milla, who once again sponsored us by offering Twang The Fox codes and Shatter'a game/ost codes! Last but not least a round of applauseto kind gaffer
Pray For Death who offered a $10 iTunes card from his own pocket, sweet!

Well, let's end this, shall we?

~
:drumrolls:
~

Congratulations to AngryMoth!

[comment]

•1st Place: AngryMoth ~ Gran Prize TWD Volume 1 Hardcover signed by R.Kirkman + Twang The Fox code

•2nd Place: Tunesmith ~ $10 iTunes Credit + Twang The Fox code

•3rd Place: Cyport ~ Shatter Steam code + Shatter OST + Twang The Fox code

•4th Place: Kottilla ~ Shatter OST + Twang The Fox code
•5th Place: Dinner Cat ~ Shatter OST + Twang The Fox code
•6th Place: CRS ~ Twang The Fox code
•7th Place: numble ~ Twang The Fox code
•8th Place: Dry_Bones ~ Twang The Fox code
•9th Place: PedroRVD ~ Twang The Fox code
•10th Place: Wario64 ~ Twang The Fox code

•Raffle's Winners: SmokyDave, Mike Dub, dr_octagon + TBD
Final Raffle Results will be posted ASAP (waiting to see if we can get more codes), come in here and post to get a chance at winning dl codes!

TBD

Final Results: 85 participants - Players listed by GAF name or Game Center profiles

TOP 20
i0vPmnOralL8W.png

#20 to #21
4Ll7qE9.jpg

5vifjvM.jpg

#22 to #42
9q6oGM2.jpg

ypyYD4t.jpg

baunWkf.jpg

#43 to #64
VmMv0bH.jpg

N2GzhXJ.jpg

#65 to #85
GTfeQqA.jpg

Many thanks to Tunesmith for the top banner and the magnificent TOP 20 leaderboard!

AngryMoth

:D. You had me on tenterhooks there with the "not final results!" thing, I was trying not to celebrate prematurely. Had good fun with this, look forward to taking part in future challenges as well.

Might be missing something, but any reason my pitiful 434.3m effort isn't on the final standings but was on the earlier update?

But that aside, thanks for all your work on this.

PFD

Grats AngryMoth!

And thank you dash, tunesmith, the sponsors and everyone else who made this happen. Looking forward to the next one!

AngryMoth

With regards to the prize, I'm not a big fan of the tv show and I haven't ever got round to reading the comics so I was thinking I'd donate it to a more loving home. I know it says in the OP that the challenge organiser isn't eligible for prizes but unless anyone has a problem I was thinking I would offer it to Dash as a reward for all the effort he puts into these things, considering earlier in the thread he said he'd "do baaaaad things to have it".

I'm confident of beating you guys again soon anyway ;)

Cyport

Thanks Dash! I'm am very pleased to get 3rd place a big surprise. Congrats to everyone especially AngryMoth and TuneSmith above me :). I'll PM in the morning as I'm falling asleep and probably prone to errors typing now!

Dash Kappei

Contact me/write here if you find anything wrong/missing, it can happen.

edit: here we go haha!
Todd: thanks for letting me know. Problem with that score is that it was achieved before the official start of the challenge (check the op for the rules about scores which might be left out at the end in this specific case) but nonthless you had a VALID score done just in time which had been left out by mistake (my fault), so adding it now!
You're #52!

Contact me/write here if you find anything wrong/missing, it can happen.

edit: here we go haha!
Todd: thanks for letting me know. Problem with that score is that it was achieved before the official start of the challenge (check the op for the rules about scores which might be left out at the end in this specific case) but nonthless you had a VALID score done just in time which had been left out by mistake (my fault), so adding it now!
You're #52!

No worries. The timezone beast probably got me there from Australia.

I'll keep that in mind for the next ones.

bonesquad

Wait, how did someone retire? I didn't know there was an 'out'. Man, if I knew that... I'd say my score was embarrassing but I don't want to insult the 10 people who managed to score lower than me:)

Dash Kappei

Wait, how did someone retire? I didn't know there was an 'out'. Man, if I knew that... I'd say my score was embarrassing but I don't want to insult the 10 people who managed to score lower than me:)

I'd say you are 100x more honourable than whoever retires when not performing good.
Props to the guys who've kept the score, which by no means equal being crap, since you might not had time to practice or whatever. There's quite a few that maybe only managed one run and dtick with it, so again big props to you, Michael, Garret, Joshua... There would be no challenges if everyone but the top scorers forfait before the end of the competitions, so thank you mate :)

will there be another challenge?

Of course :)

With regards to the prize, I'm not a big fan of the tv show and I haven't ever got round to reading the comics so I was thinking I'd donate it to a more loving home. I know it says in the OP that the challenge organiser isn't eligible for prizes but unless anyone has a problem I was thinking I would offer it to Dash as a reward for all the effort he puts into these things, considering earlier in the thread he said he'd "do baaaaad things to have it".

Hey I think that is a fantastic idea. What's the word?

ANd #13, not too bad... : (

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Dash asked me earlier and I'd be willing to offer a swap of 2nd place prize if interested. I'm wondering about how shipping would be handled though, as in my case it'd be to Europe.

I'm not opposed gifting it to Dash himself either though! :)

I came 57th. Well, I expected worse since i just played the game on the 1st day of the challenge. I stopped playing when I saw Wario64 score 570m.
Anyway thanks guys for organizing this. I hope next time is a game I am good at.

Aiii

So not worth it
Only got to 416,7. Didn't end up on the GameCenter list, but what else is new, that GC is one piece of shitty software and it's not like it matters as it was an abysmal score. :lol:

Congratulations to the winners.

Dash Kappei

Sent most of the prizes out :)

Guys please contact me via PM to claim yours otherwise I could forget!

SmokyDave and MikeDub: the TWDA codes batch had expired, I'm trying to see if we can replace the codes, otherwise I'll give you something else.

Dash Kappei

Only got to 416,7. Didn't end up on the GameCenter list, but what else is new, that GC is one piece of shitty software and it's not like it matters as it was an abysmal score. :lol:

Congratulations to the winners.

I've found you :)
Look above, #54

numble

Those above me must've been crazy. At the end I could get mostly good jumps but still would fall between 560-580.

Cyport

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to the people at PikPok and Sidhe for my prize and all the others who contributed a prize. I hope one year I'll be able to give away a game or something :). Bigger thanks to Dash for organising this and looking forward to the next challenge!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Thanks. It takes a lot of time, can't deny thay, luckily I had Tunesmith on my side to help with the banners and gfx,

We make a good team I think.

Feel free to poke me for when graphical things are wanted for Challenge #8 whenever/whatever it will be and I'll see what I can scrounge up. :)

Dash Kappei

I'll start prepping soon for the next challenge running in April and we still got spots open for promoting the competition. If you want to be a part of that, and we'd be very glad to have you, just contact me by PM.
The game for the competition has already been decided but won't be announced till the start of the challenge, of course you'll be privy to that information so to make an informed decision in deciding to sponsor us or not.

IT DOES *NOT* matter how "little" your contribution might be we'll be happy to have it, anything from game codes, cool swag of your game (books, t-shirts, plushies... you got the idea), OSTs, collectibles, iTunes gift cards... just contact me (Dash Kappei) via PM or via Twitter @GAF_iOS_scores.

//
//

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to the people at PikPok and Sidhe for my prize and all the others who contributed a prize. I hope one year I'll be able to give away a game or something :). Bigger thanks to Dash for organising this and looking forward to the next challenge!
'
And thanks to you good sir for taking part in it :)

We make a good team I think.

Feel free to poke me for when graphical things are wanted for Challenge #8 whenever/whatever it will be and I'll see what I can scrounge up. :)

:brofist:

Well, let's see... you could start by redoing the crappy banner I made for the Prizes (with another a bit tiny-er for "More Prizes" and a really small one for "Grand Prize") :p you asked... and now you're fucked mate! :p

But seriously, having you helping out with pretty much everything and the fantastic work you've done with the monthly OTs it's a huge relief for me not having to do it all by myself. It may seems an easy peasy job but it takes way more time and effort than it looks like since there's also a lot of pre-thread stuff to organize and post-competitions contacts to sort out. Id's say there's always at least a couple of weeks of work before the challenge starts and a week of that for everything coming a minute after the challenge ends.
And that was with you.. which also helps me out in pushing me to actually not screw around and get things done haha. Man I'm so glad to have ya so interested in the challenges doing good like I am, thanks! :)

Basically what I'm saying is also the fellow competitors should NEVER ever expect more than a competition each month... in fact if we can keep up with a monthly schedule I feel it'll be nothing short of a great cheevo.

And you know you've basically signed a death sentence NDA by knowing what the next games will be picked, right? Knowledge is power, but with that power comes great responsabilities my friend :p

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
And you know you've basically signed a death sentence NDA by knowing what the next games will be picked, right? Knowledge is power, but with that power comes great responsabilities my friend :p

I promise I won't reveal the next challenge is centered around
Real Racing 3
and that all the prizes will be
Gameloft
titles.

Top Bottom