• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 6 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNvid02

So just finished watching Hardhome on my season 5 re-watch. It is still absolutely amazing and just might be my favorite GoT episode yet.

it was so damn tense, whole episode had me hooked and i just didnt know what was going to happen next.

highlight was ofc boom valyrian steel
Valyrian-Steel-vs-Whtie-Walker-blade-630x357.png

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So just finished watching Hardhome on my season 5 re-watch. It is still absolutely amazing and just might be my favorite GoT episode yet.

Yeah, after rewatching season 5, it's hard to believe that this is it for Jon Snow. He's got the attention of the WWs, and there's too many other hints that he has more important shit to do in the story than dying in a corner of Castle Black.

Scarfo

Banned
In the episode, "Hardhome", when Jon Snow and the Night's King had that epic stare down, you just know they're gonna cross paths again in an epic battle. That's why I'm still not buying this Jon Snow is dead for good talk. Somehow, someway I feel he will return. 4 more days.

Ovid

Who do you think the Night's King is? ;)

(No, that's not a spoiler)
Nah. I think he's a hostage.

I use to think he was one of his generals though.

If he is, he's probably playing both sides. He went to Winterfell when Robert visited to see what was up. He saw that shit was about to go down when he learned the Hand was killed and that Robert feared for his life. He went back to the Night's King and told him now is the time to strike. Possible? Why not.

Ovid

But where is Benjen?

I hope we learn more about him this season.

We haven't seen him since Season 1. That's kind of ridiculous if you think about it.

it was so damn tense, whole episode had me hooked and i just didnt know what was going to happen next.

Everything was so unexpected.

I wasn't expecting to see WW in that episode at all. Also, I thought Jon was dead for sure. How the hell was he going to get out of that?

Some crazy shit is gonna go down over the next few seasons, and the only two left standing for the series finale will be Gendry and Benjen. BELIEVE

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Should have posted the gif, always liked both of their reactions.
snowkillsww.gif

They're like "What the fuck?"

Moff

you would imagine the white walkers have something like classes about the only thing that can defeat them, but nooo

It's certainly up in the top 5 episodes. Brilliant storytelling, and the production values were off the chain.

I also loved that it threw people off about Jon dying. I remember reading lots of cries of plot armour. Then two episodes later....

Also the official YouTube channel has removed the first trailer? Too many spoilers hidden in the stills?

Nameless

I've literally said this every year since S3, but I hope we get the return of The Brotherhood Without Banners. Beric and Thoros were great, one my favorite parts of that season. Jon & Meli need to hook up with them to form the R'hllor All-Star team.

Curufinwe

I've literally said this every year since S3, but I hope we get the return of The Brotherhood Without Banners. Beric and Thoros were great, one my favorite parts of that season. Jon & Meli need to hook up with them to form the R'hllor All-Star team.

I think the Red Priest and the Red Woman could do some cool stuff together.

Fox Mulder

I only started watching this earlier this year and am current. I watched on blurays and Amazon streaming, so I'm out of luck for this season without cable right?

Some shows go up on Amazon the next day, but I assume this won't.

That gif made me rewatch Hardhome. Still pissed that the hot wildling woman died.

Amazingly directed episode.

I'm excited to see that Miguel Sapochnik (director of Hardhome) is directing the penultimate episode AND the finale of Season 6. :O

(I do miss Neil Marshall directing episodes, however. He had some great ones.)

Ovid

The team that doesn't die.

Nameless

I think the Red Priest and the Red Woman could do some cool stuff together.

Like convert the masses to the Light of the One True God? I agree. And it should be markedly easier when a Wintery darkness sweeps over the land along with Ice Zombies weak to fire.

Should have posted the gif, always liked both of their reactions.
snowkillsww.gif

They're like "What the fuck?"

So good. We learn

-Jon Snow is no doubt the greatest swordsman in Westeros
-There's a depth to the White Walkers, they're much more than mindless husks
-Valyrian Steel got that +99 Fire +99 Undead damage
-The Night's King can shit himself

all in a span of 5-10 seconds

The team that doesn't die.

I would love a Jon & Beric convo haha

nubbe

Would not be surprised if it will be less than 10 episodes since they need to create content instead of restructuring it for TV

Nameless

^^^^^

Man Brienne is/was one my faves but I'm one foot out the door on her. For the past two seasons she's just been roaming round, failing the Starks and destroying my favorite characters.

I think the amount of time it will take to create those episodes is the more important factor.

Also if we actually get Winter/The Long Night it would be a logistical nightmare.

Curufinwe

^^^^^

Man Brienne is/was one my faves but I'm one foot out the door on her. For the past two seasons she's just been roaming round, failing the Starks and destroying my favorite characters.

Also if we actually get Winter/The Long Night it would be a logistical nightmare.

Three full grown CG dragons don't come cheap.... maybe they'll kill one off to save money.

B33

Banned
Is PS4 getting HBO Now before the new season of Game of Thrones premieres?

PS4 currently has HBO Go.

Nameless

Three full grown CG dragons don't come cheap.... maybe they'll kill one off to save money.

I'm glad this show became trancendently popular because time is probably a bigger constraint than money at this point. Early on we would have been lucky to hear people fighting at Hardhome before cutting to the aftermath.

We will.

Might be his dead body, but we will, lol.

Unless he get's the [horrific] Robb Stark treatment, then we wouldn't really see him again.

O9YBNjC.png

Good thing there's a 0% chance he's not coming back because holy shit.

Long live the new rulers of Winterfell. #SetBolton

I hope they don't wait until the season finale to revive Jon. I mean it's obvious he's coming back. Too many hints and attention thrown his way for his arc to be finished now.

I'm getting ready to finish my rewatch of S5.. Outside of Dorne, weak Tommen and Stannis's defeat, I don't have many complaints. The season is better than I originally thought.

BTM

Long live the new rulers of Winterfell. #SetBolton

I hope they don't wait until the season finale to revive Jon. I mean it's obvious he's coming back. Too many hints and attention thrown his way for his arc to be finished now.

I'm getting ready to finish my rewatch of S5.. Outside of Dorne, weak Tommen and Stannis's defeat, I don't have many complaints. The season is better than I originally thought.

Yea I just finished my season 5 rewatch and it really isn't bad at all. The last 3 episodes are top notch.

S5 is really good. I think people were expecting, fuck, I don't know what people were expecting but maybe comparing it to the first few episodes of S4 it fell short but overall it was an amazing season with a few bumps. I think people just got on the train and kept riding it and we're purposely looking for things to complain about, it really wasn't bad at all.

I remember so many people saying that the line "You want the good girl, but you need the bad pussy" was cheese and poorly written. While I don't particularly think it's a good line, how is it any worse than other shit like "you should taste her fish pie".

Obara telling her family something they would already know about her father, just for the sake of the viewer. That was fucking horrible. But outside from those, I don't remember there being many cringe moments.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Just caught up to season six and I'm starting to hate how stupid the Night's Watch is. Your friends come back from beyond the north stating the dead are rising and a gigantic army is coming to kill you all, and what do you do? You kill the one guy who has a chance at bringing all the armies together and actually fighting these undead.

Sure. Makes sense. Air your petty grief and fuck over everything. "Oh no my mother and father were killed by the Wildlings because we fucked them over and continued the cycle of shit stirring! Time to stab this guy who happens to be trying to fix shit!"

Nameless

S5 is really good. I think people were expecting, fuck, I don't know what people were expecting but maybe comparing it to the first few episodes of S4 it fell short but overall it was an amazing season with a few bumps. I think people just got on the train and kept riding it and we're purposely looking for things to complain about, it really wasn't bad at all.

I remember so many people saying that the line "You want the good girl, but you need the bad pussy" was cheese and poorly written. While I don't particularly think it's a good line, how is it any worse than other shit like "you should taste her fish pie".

Obara telling her family something they would already know about her father, just for the sake of the viewer. That was fucking horrible. But outside from those, I don't remember there being many cringe moments.

On GAF, and in hot-take-internet-culture in general, if a thing doesn't show substantial improvement over what came before, it's automatically shit. Sure S5 is definitely the weakest season of Game of Thrones, I confirmed as much on my rewatch, but it wasn't a bad season of TV by any stretch. But whatever, some will continue to argue their point by focusing on Sand Snake garbage when it's maybe 30-45 minutes over 10 hours.

d3vnull

Just caught up to season six and I'm starting to hate how stupid the Night's Watch is. Your friends come back from beyond the north stating the dead are rising and a gigantic army is coming to kill you all, and what do you do? You kill the one guy who has a chance at bringing all the armies together and actually fighting these undead.

Sure. Makes sense. Air your petty grief and fuck over everything. "Oh no my mother and father were killed by the Wildlings because we fucked them over and continued the cycle of shit stirring! Time to stab this guy who happens to be trying to fix shit!"

I hope they all die soon.

dsp

Unless he get's the [horrific] Robb Stark treatment, then we wouldn't really see him again.

O9YBNjC.png

Good thing there's a 0% chance he's not coming back because holy shit.

Of all the things in the show, that was the hardest thing to watch. Not the Red Wedding. That scene. It might be the only time a movie or show has made me feel physically sick to my stomach. Poor Robb & Grey Wind. Horrific is right.

Volimar

Of all the things in the show, that was the hardest thing to watch. Not the Red Wedding. That scene. It might be the only time a movie or show has made me feel physically sick to my stomach. Poor Robb & Grey Wind. Horrific is right.

Don't forget Arya. Watched her father executed and then her brother murdered and paraded around like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom