• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameblog: Seasons of Heaven coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch, first screens

Shit would never get greenlighted. The story doesn't even get retweeted by Nintendo.
Why would Nintendo need to retweet it?

Looks like a nice UE4 game with a fair amount of aliasing. Why is it so hard to believe this is running on the Switch?

It's the same thing. So many people "can't believe". I just don't get it. Just because it says Nintendo Switch and not Sony/MS Switch it's hard to believe. It's a powerful tablet so it's completely believable.

Yeah, why should Nintendo lift the NDA for one no name dev, one month before the big announcement press conference, and then don't care about it?

What? I don't think Nintendo has ever retweeted anything I've posted...yet I have a Wii U dev kit. That's not a requirement of anything.

How often were your games the first public made third party developement for a new Nintendo game?

That dog tho:

7mugLzP6f.jpg

Yeah, why should Nintendo lift the NDA for one no name dev, one month before the big announcement press conference, and then don't care about it?
We've had a handful of titles announced for Switch since the trailer and I don't remember Nintendo retweeting them. Maybe you can show me?

Looks like a nice UE4 game with a fair amount of aliasing. Why is it so hard to believe this is running on the Switch?

Because this is from a random, hype-hungry indie dev and it's not January 12 yet.

On a technical level, sure, I can believe Switch can run this. It looks good, but I've seen better-looking UE4 games.

It's the same thing. So many people "can't believe". I just don't get it. Just because it says Nintendo Switch and not Sony/MS Switch it's hard to believe. It's a powerful tablet so it's completely believable.

I guess I agree a bit that it's strange that Nintendo lets an indie tease a new title, yet we really haven't heard anything in the way of new titles from anyone else.

That doesn't make me doubt that this could be on a Switch, it's just another baffling event in the long and baffling NX saga.

Doesn't mean they actually have Switch dev kits, let alone that the game is up and running on anything but PC at this point. Seems extremely doubtful that Nintendo would allow a random indie to do this before January.

I'd say if their official twitter account shows them meeting at NCL and NoE/NoA, and they're confident enough to announce this in a publication as a Switch exclusive then it's likely they have devkits. I don't get why they'd be allowed to show this before the January event though either.

EDarkness

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say again that I don't think there's an NDA per se for announcing a game. There may be an agreement between Nintendo and the developer, but I don't think there's an NDA. On top of that, the developer can ask Nintendo for the option to announce, and I'm sure that some small indie group isn't gonna be held back from announcing if they think it would be good for them. Make no mistake, this is a controlled leak/announcement. As I've said before, Nintendo can be pretty accommodating. At least based on my experience dealing with them in the last year.

Pdot has trolled a lot of switch threads so far. he is baiting you imho >>

Getting that impression. Gonna leave that alone for now. The guy can believe whatever he wants. :)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

daakusedo

I don't know how they're working on it through.
Last news was them leaving LA because they ran out of money, nintendo was apparently ok to sign but the guys at Anyart couldn't wait for the switch reveal and keep running the studio.

Do you guys remember Darkness?

This definitely seems further along than that vaporware announced for the wii.

Let us see if this game appears as a part of Nintendo's Switch Conference in January.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say again that I don't think there's an NDA per se for announcing a game. There may be an agreement between Nintendo and the developer, but I don't think there's an NDA. On top of that, the developer can ask Nintendo for the option to announce, and I'm sure that some small indie group isn't gonna be held back from announcing if they think it would be good for them. Make no mistake, this is a controlled leak/announcement. As I've said before, Nintendo can be pretty accommodating. At least based on my experience dealing with them in the last year.

Getting that impression. Gonna leave that alone for now. The guy can believe whatever he wants. :)

So there is a NDA but not really.

Yeah, this isn't just stupid anymore but plain fanboyish.

Doesn't mean they actually have Switch dev kits, let alone that the game is up and running on anything but PC at this point. Seems extremely doubtful that Nintendo would allow a random indie to do this before January.

how does meeting with Nintendo a year ago = not having devkits?

I don't see how doubting they have devkits for a title that is being called Switch exclusive is the logical conclusion to jump to.

this could just be an unknown dev trying to get ahead of the hype, nothing really proves this is not running on Switch as much as saying it is running on a PC makes sense. Every game runs on a PC in development at some point most devkits are just PCs.

EDarkness

I don't know how they're working on it through.
Last news was them leaving LA because they ran out of money, nintendo was apparently ok to sign but the guys at Anyart couldn't wait for the switch reveal and keep running the studio.

This could be why they were allowed to release info about their game now. It may be able to help get funding...or they got funding from somewhere.

EDarkness

You could also argue there's a bunch of people here who are only interested because it's a Nintendo exclusive. Let's not pretend the fanboyism only goes one way.

This is true. I'll admit that I'm not totally interested in the game, but more interested in the NS capabilities. Doesn't mean I won't be interested in the game once we see some gameplay, though.

Lol at all those negative comments just because "Nintendo exclusive "

But isn't the only reason this has any attention at all because they've announced it as a Switch exclusive? A handful of screenshots and some artwork from an unknown developer wouldn't even get a thread without that little detail.

You could also argue there's a bunch of people here who are only interested because it's a Nintendo exclusive. Let's not pretend the fanboyism only goes one way.

I would think it is more this is the very first non-Zelda non-Mario Switch title from a 3rd party indie dev that makes this worth the hype

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Being interested in a new game and attacking an indie dev arent the same level of behaviour in my opinion

Nairume

Banned
But isn't the only reason this has any attention at all because they've announced it as a Switch exclusive? A handful of screenshots and some artwork from an unknown developer wouldn't even get a thread without that little detail.
I am honestly willing to pin it more on it being a game announced for the switch period.

Kintaco

Why do you care so much? It's an indie game that may or may not be running on a Switch devkit. It's not it's a megaton announcement of a AAA game that has mind blowing graphics.

We don't even know how powerful the Switch is until we start seeing games run on the thing. Zelda helps but if we get a trailer for this game and we get real details from the developer we will be able to get a better idea what we can hope for oh the Switch.

This leak was a smart move by this team the hunger is strong for Switch and this little game will get lost in all the new Mario madness come January.

EDarkness

Heh, more like a Gentleman's Agreement. We talked, we both decide to do something, but there's no official contract. You want to keep with the agreement because it's a good faith, but there's no contract. They are still bound by the official NDA, but announcing games is another matter. I think this is why some games have been announced early...like Dragon Quest XI, Dragon Quest X, and Just Dance. I don't think Nintendo could put a leash on Hori, so they let him do whatever he wanted. Not sure why Just Dance was announced when other games weren't, but who knows what was going on in their heads at the time. The most recent game LEGO City Undercover pretty much had to have the NS listed considering the history of the game. No idea why Warner had to announce that game at that time, but Nintendo let it happen anyway. This is just my theory about how this works. There could indeed be an official NDA, but for things like that I doubt it.

Heh, more like a Gentleman's Agreement. We talked, we both decide to do something, but there's no official contract. You want to keep with the agreement because it's a good faith, but there's no contract. They are still bound by the official NDA, but announcing games is another matter. I think this is why some games have been announced early...like Dragon Quest XI, Dragon Quest X, and Just Dance. I don't think Nintendo could put a leash on Hori, so they let him do whatever he wanted. Not sure why Just Dance was announced when other games weren't, but who knows what was going on in their heads at the time. The most recent game LEGO City Undercover pretty much had to have the NS listed considering the history of the game. No idea why Warner had to announce that game at that time, but Nintendo let it happen anyway. This is just my theory about how this works. There could indeed be an official NDA, but for things like that I doubt it.

Square Enix's reaction after Hori's mistake was pretty clear there is more than just a Gentleman's agreement.
Otherwise there would be no reason for the big shots to wait until Nintendo's conference in January.

It will be interesting to see if they gonna put a Nintendo logo in the trailer which they want to release soon.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
This looks nothing like an Ueda game, though. Looks more like a UE4 walking simulator.
You have a gift. I've never been able to see what kind of gameplay a game has from stills!

(Not that I don't agree with you, 99.9℅ probability of walk sim)

You have a gift. I've never been able to see what kind of gameplay a game has from stills!

(Not that I don't agree with you, 99.9℅ probability of walk sim)

-shrugs-

Just the sense I get from the images and description. I could be completely wrong, though I enjoy walking simulators, so I wouldn't mind either way.

EDarkness

Square Enix's reaction after Hori's mistake was pretty clear there is more than just a Gentleman's agreement.
Otherwise there would be no reason for the big shots to wait until Nintendo's conference in January.

It will be interesting to see if they gonna put a Nintendo logo in the trailer which they want to release soon.

Well of course Square Enix didn't want to announce the game at that time and wanted to backtrack, but I don't think anyone was surprised he did it.

As for other companies, again...they all agree to hold off announcing games until the event. It should have been fraggin' obvious that Skyrim was coming, but they all made an agreement, so they avoided announcing it. Even Nintendo didn't announce any games. However, we've had Dragon Quest X and XI announced, Just Dance, LEGO City Undercover, Breath of the Wild, and this game officially announced. There may be more, but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

We don't know the circumstances, but I'd put money on this being a controlled announcement to get some publicity for the studio and their game while they can have the spotlight to themselves. It helps keep the NS hype up and makes people more curious about a game they may have passed over in a crowded market.

The game looks nice and it would be a good way to show the system's muscle. Of course, I could be wrong, but in a few weeks it won't matter anyway.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
When the hate for Indies meats the reaction to a Nintendo exclusive you get this thread (and the initial Laura one). I mean the game might be good or not, but holy early hyperbole!

Top Bottom