• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameblog: Seasons of Heaven coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch, first screens

When the hate for Indies meats the reaction to a Nintendo exclusive you get this thread (and the initial Laura one). I mean the game might be good or not, but holy early hyperbole!

I was just about to post the same. Absolutely disgusting, but sadly par for the course for GAF.

On the other hand I kind of doubt that the Switch is powerful enough to power these visuals myself... so I can see that aspect at least.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Shit would never get greenlighted. The story doesn't even get retweeted by Nintendo.

Read: This game doesn't look quite ugly enough for me to accept that it might be real.

It does seem that it's likely to be letterboxed sub-HD. I expect a lot of third-party games on Switch to actually be sub-HD, honestly, ports will likely at least stretch one axis. 1024x720 or 960x720 is what we'll likely see from quite a few third-party Switch games. Still, this looks pretty and shows what UE4 can do on mobile hardware.

DSN2K

seems interesting but we have been sold these kind of stories before with new platforms. Obscure "leaked" game from unknown developer who may or may not have dev kits. I guess its a good way to get noticed when people are desperate for info and your the only game out there because official devs cant say shit till Nintendo tells them...

Vana

Neo Member
I'm getting some serious 'Sadness', from Nibris, flashbacks with announcements like this.

Yeah, I really don't believe in it at all. Not because this would be too beautiful for the Switch, but because the guy behind does not seems very professional or trustworthy, and because Gameblog is clearly not professional or trustworthy.

At the very best, this is a PC tech demo shown now to get some hype going on and finance a kickstarter for a Switch development. Which would most likely be cancelled after.

EDarkness

Yeah, I really don't believe in it at all. Not because this would be too beautiful for the Switch, but because the guy behind does not seems very professional or trustworthy, and because Gameblog is clearly not professional or trustworthy.

At the very best, this is a PC tech demo shown now to get some hype going on and finance a kickstarter for a Switch development. Which would most likely be cancelled after.

This was originally leaked by Laura this morning. The Gameblog link came later. She seems to have faith in what they're doing, so I think we should at least give them the benefit of the doubt.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
See, this is what folks should expect ....3rd party exclusives. If they do good with those the Switch should be fine.

And this looks like something I would like. Starting to remind me how some of my fav Wii games were 3rd party exclusives.

Nintendo, you have a shot to get back in the game.

Timeaisis

image.png

"Leak"

MuchoMalo

Banned
Doesn't mean they actually have Switch dev kits, let alone that the game is up and running on anything but PC at this point. Seems extremely doubtful that Nintendo would allow a random indie to do this before January.

There's no NDA on Switch announcements. It seems like footage and screens might not allowed, but beyond that it seems that Nintendo has done nothing more than suggest saving things for January. Even then, Nintendo said no Switch until January 12th and look what happened last night.

Brofield

Stardew Valley also announced that it was coming to Switch, this isn't even the first indie title announced coming to Switch.

Still, the premise from what I've read seems very self aware what we're doing to Earth. I hope if they're attempting to make us be more conscious of the destruction of the natural world, it doesn't come off as pandering. They have a good storyline and if they want to make people reflect on their lives they better have some damn good writers and a psychologist in the dev room.

LordKano

Lmao at the fools who think the game doesn't exist. Count on me to make a nice wall of shame with all of your posts when the game will be playable/have a release date.

EDarkness

Lmao at the fools who think the game doesn't exist. Count on me to make a nice wall of shame with all of your posts when the game will be playable/have a release date.

Heh, just a video with the game running should be enough. That's more than what Sadness got. Heh, heh.

Read: This game doesn't look quite ugly enough for me to accept that it might be real.

It does seem that it's likely to be letterboxed sub-HD. I expect a lot of third-party games on Switch to actually be sub-HD, honestly, ports will likely at least stretch one axis. 1024x720 or 960x720 is what we'll likely see from quite a few third-party Switch games. Still, this looks pretty and shows what UE4 can do on mobile hardware.

Nice trollpost.

Although I'm speculating 0.7TF for the Switch - see Switch hardware thread.

And this game doesn't look impressive for the spculated power range.

jmizzal

I guess I agree a bit that it's strange that Nintendo lets an indie tease a new title, yet we really haven't heard anything in the way of new titles from anyone else.

That doesn't make me doubt that this could be on a Switch, it's just another baffling event in the long and baffling NX saga.

There have been a lot of indie titles announced for Switch, even some none indie titles, like Sonic, DQ and Lego City

AdanVC

Wow. color me interested, those screenshots (please don't be bullshots) look amazing and the fact that we would be able to play that beauty on the go makes me even more excited! Also, French Bulldogs are one of my fave types of dog breeds so I'm even more interested now :')
Hope the lil doggo doesn't die during the adventure or I will riot!!

The idea behind this game sounds interesting. I also like untouched nature / forest settings very much. I do not remember having seen any screenshots with such detailed visuals prior to a Nintendo console launch.

The timing is a little strange though. No one else has shown ingame screens from an exclusive Switch title yet. Are they going all in with what they have on their own? Does Nintendo trust "their" Indies so much nowadays? Interesting if true. It would even be sensational, because this might be the first glimpse of hardware capabilities that lay way above WiiU levels. Let's say, the screens are highly representative: the visuals destroy everything we have seen from Nintendo's 1st and 3rd parties in terms of lush environmental graphics. Density of grass, foliage, lighting, this looks like a big step up from the WiiU and would introduce a new era.

I know, we have not seen anything running on Switch by now! Despite this fact, I still can't get the idea entirely out of my head, that the footage shown in the concept trailer of the Switch (although NOT running on the HW, and not meant to distract from the concept, I know!) was chosen for a reason.
OK, not entirely true, today we saw a game running on Switch. Zelda, which is a very important title, was shown running on the hardware and it seemed to run smoothly. Sure, we must not forget, this is a cross gen title and long in development. I would not expect them to have the assets redone and make the WiiU version look super old in comparison. Yet, if it is not wanted or if it is not possible, this has to be proven in the not so distant future.

Nevertheless, and this is my point, the screens of Seasons of Heaven make Zelda look very outdated. Nintendo showing a sensationally surprising gameplay scene at Jimmy Fallon and only a few hours later, a (controlled?) leak for an exclusive Switch title emerges, which first screens are dwarfing Zelda's visuals at least in my opinion. This is indeed a strange timing. No idea if Nintendo cares about it or not. As I said, very interesting if they let a comparably small Indie team decide to show the way the visuals could go at this point.

Come what may, I keep my fingers crossed that this will be a stunning game and not another disappointing example of vaporware or meaningless "Bird Demo". Maybe it even marks a new chapter of how Nintendo cooperates and talks with Indie- and 3rd party devs.

The_Lump

Banned
It's certainly a good thing for Switch to have some indie support and the artwork at least looks kinda cool. I'm looking forward to more news and gameplay info.

martino

again, a pre launch prototype which seems really ambitious for the hardware
let's see how it delivers in the end this time.

orioto

Good Art™
I'd say if this is running on switch that would be the first confirmation it's more powerful than WiiU. That wouldn't run on WiiU right ?

LordKano

I'd say if this is running on switch that would be the first confirmation it's more powerful than WiiU. That wouldn't run on WiiU right ?

Since the announcement of Dragon Quest XI, we know that it will be more powerful than the Wii U.

orioto

Good Art™
Troll post? Even low ball predictions have it well above Wii U in power. Like way higher.

Not a troll post no, i know most people refuse to debate that possibility but they always tend to avoid the battery life problem. Well it seems it's safe to say it's more powerful now, and that's nice!

Top Bottom