• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot says Scalebound, Gears Of War 4 coming to PC, then mentions it was a mistake

ekim

The day they drove NDAs down... and all the alarm bells at MS are ringing.
The day they drove NDAs down... and all the gaffers were singing

lumi7890

while you're at it phil

news_we_reviewed_sunset_overdrive-15983.jpg
It's kinda of weird this hasn't come to the pc yet, if I recalled correctly insomniac fully owns the ip, so they should be able to put it on pc no problem, and if Microsoft has publishing rights it should atleast be doable on the windows store.

Sydle

I knew it was a mistake

Microsoft isn't going to throw the Xbone in the trash by putting their two biggest exclusives on PC. It just doesn't make sense.

Quantum Break is a more logical choice, honestly, because it's likely not a game that would sell systems like Gears 4 and Scalebound.

It was almost a year ago Spencer said that their new vision was to allow Xbox gamers to play on their Windows 10 device of choice. It's quickly becoming a reality with their lineup this year, I imagine their 2017 lineup will be fully cross-device.

And let's not pretend like everyone wants a PC or can afford one that can run some of the more graphic-intensive games. Giving people options is a good thing.

It's kinda of weird this hasn't come to the pc yet, if I recalled correctly insomniac fully owns the ip, so they should be able to put it on pc no problem, and if Microsoft has publishing rights it should atleast be doable on the windows store.

I'm hoping it's one of the announcements this year. I think it would find a bigger audience on PC.

ekgrey

The fact that GameSpot issued a correction for the cross-buy thing while silently editing out the games, leaving the author to scramble to do damage control on his personal Twitter account, makes me highly dubious of his claim that he really has no inside information.

Kssio_Aug

I would believe it was a mistake if he just said Gears 4 (he could have mistaken with Gears UE). However Gears 4 AND Scalebound is too much for a mistake, coming from a gaming journalist from Gamespot.

BiggNife

Mmm... That does not make any sense to me.

Gears 4 could be a huge game for Xbox one , especially in US , but Scalebound?

I've seen a bunch of posters here and elsewhere say they're considering a Xbone for Scalebound because they're super excited by the prospect of a Kamiya-directed action RPG. I don't think it's as huge of a deal as Gears, but I think it's a bigger exclusive than QB ever was (and I'm saying this as someone who is a big fan of Remedy).

I thought QB was a bigger deal than Scalebound.

I don't think so. I honestly haven't seen a lot of excitement towards QB. Seems to mostly be a lot of people saying "well this looks competent" and being confused at the bizarre FMV TV show aspects.

Thought they already announced Gears 4 was headed to PC. Scalebound certainly is in the realm of possibility that it will arrive on PC as well.

I've heard some people say this but I don't remember it. Given the whole thing with Moobabe that just happened it looks like Gears 4 PC actually isn't out of the realm of possibility but I strongly doubt it'll be day and date with XBO. Six month delay if I were to guess.

Wereroku

Am I right in thinking that this is really sloppy of a website like gamespot to just presume a game or two was announced and publish stuff about it?

When you are hearing unannounced information constantly it sometimes becomes difficult to remember what has been released and what hasn't. Jeff Gerstmann has talked about how confusing it gets sometimes. I am guessing this is something that was talked about at the QB event but it isn't being announced until later.

Parsnip

To be honest I couldn't give two shits about either of the games, but if it turns out to be true, more the merrier.

Bail out on xbox one time? Maybe the writing is on the walls. I wonder when these decisions were made. I'm sure the holiday numbers didn't help anything.

Moobabe

I've heard some people say this but I don't remember it. Given the whole thing with Moonbabe that just happened it looks like Gears 4 PC actually isn't out of the realm of possibility but I strongly doubt it'll be day and date with XBO. Six month delay if I were to guess.

:(

dude

dude
It is. Scalebound, as much as I'm hyped for it, is only a bigger deal on GAF where people actually know who Hideki Kamiya and P Games are.

Yeah, that's my experience as well. Most gamers I know don't even know who Kamiya is or why they should be excited about Scalebound.

Tovarisc

I would believe it was a mistake if he just said Gears 4 (he could have mistaken with Gears UE). However Gears 4 AND Scalebound is too much for a mistake, coming from a gaming journalist from Gamespot.

I also found it funny that he made effort to type "...Gears of War 4, ReCore, Scalebound...". Having ReCore there in middle of two accidental "typos" and not realise he goofed and put in titles that aren't coming to PC? Suuure...

Kssio_Aug

It is. Scalebound, as much as I'm hyped for it, is only a bigger deal on GAF where people actually know who Hideki Kamiya and P Games are.

I don't think Platinum is less known then Quantum Break. Right now people carr more for QB because it will be released soon, but when SB gets near release people will be very hyped aswell.

It isn't about MSFT not owning the IP, but resources. Insomniac being tied up with current and future projects of theirs. That and good/reputed external port houses as well. They've specifically said on their forums that they aren't interested in a PC port at that point in time. May happen down the line.

Coxy100

Banned
Yeah, that's my experience as well. Most gamers I know don't even know who Kamiya is and thought Scalebound looked "weird"

I know who he is - but still think it looks weird ;)

For me the dragon / fantasy setting doesn't match the stupid headphones / annoying kid.

Anyway off topic... sorry

iNvid02

? We're talking about a game which is already finished and over a year old.
Of course Remedy needs the support. Their game is in development and it's a big AAA game + the whole actors/series thingy. They need the money and the resources/support.

it doesn't matter to me, i'd love for this to come to pc regardless. but i'd be surprised if insomniac does it of their own volition or without the support of someone like microsoft studios.

Jawmuncher

Scalebound seems more likely for PC than Gears of War 4, regardless of PC getting the GOW 1 Remaster. Halo and Gears mainline just seems like something they would want to keep on Xbox.

Nzyme32

Calm down folks.

iY39ECS.png

There's no going back for me since I was already hoping for Scalebound. Even though it doesn't look too interesting, Platinum games are usually something I like a lot. With Quantum Break on the way to PC, it's certainly even more plausible than before anyway.

Moobabe

Calm down folks.

iY39ECS.png

EVEN if this tweet were true
it isn't
- how do you accidentally name a whole bunch of games that aren't on PC, all from the same publisher, as coming to PC? One I might understand - but that many? Does he think people are stupid?

Hydrargyrus

He wrote scalebound and gears of war 4 by error, you know, is one of that times when you put 21 random letters and you write the name of 2 games

Henkka

Banned
Oh, it's a mistake? Lame.

I guess QB has to be on PC too to make up for the development costs, maybe? I mean, it's been in development since forever, has a bunch of live-action, big name actors... Being exclusive to a console that's not setting the world on fire might not be a good idea.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
EVEN if this tweet were true
it isn't
- how do you accidentally name a whole bunch of games that aren't on PC, all from the same publisher, as coming to PC? One I might understand - but that many? Does he think people are stupid?

You realize people can make mistakes, right? If you refuse to listen to facts and prefer to think in conspiracy theories then that's your own issue.

dickroach

good to know. this is seriously the one XB1 exclusive that interests me.
every time I see a good deal on an XB1, I start looking at games and see they're all on Windows (except Halo and Forza) and reconsider

Trojan

Microsoft must be piiiiissed. It sounds like an honest mistake by the journo, but this not only overshadows their QB event, it also casts doubt in gamers' eyes that an XB1 is the only way to play these exclusives.

I think a move like this would be great for gamers, but it will not be great for XB1 sales.

I have no idea whatsoever about whether there are more games coming to PC from MS.

That said I have heard the upcoming "Xbox" event on February 25th is very Windows 10 focused.

Top Bottom