• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameSpot says Scalebound, Gears Of War 4 coming to PC, then mentions it was a mistake

ViviOggi

Calm down folks.

iY39ECS.png
Nice try mate

oti

Banned
You realize people can make mistakes, right? If you refuse to listen to facts and prefer to think in conspiracy theories then that's your own issue.

I can see two scenarios.

1. It was a mistake. He knows they're coming but he isn't supposed to say so. That means NDAs were broken which could end up being a huge mess for GameSpot.

2. It was a mistake. He isn't for 100% sure those games are coming but he's heard too many insider rumours/whispers at this point that he thought they were 100% sure or already announced even. His brain didn't stop his fingers from typing. That's not breaking an NDA but could have huge consequences for him personally, as in sources not telling him what's happening behind the scenes and press contacts being more weary of him saying stuff he isn't supposed to know.

But him just throwing both of those names out there without ANY clue they're coming for PC? I don't believe so.

I can see two scenarios.

1. It was a mistake. He knows they're coming but he isn't supposed to say so. That means NDAs were broken which could end up being a huge mess for GameSpot.

2. It was a mistake. He isn't for 100% sure those games are coming but he's heard too many insider rumours/whispers at this point that he thought they were 100% sure or already announced even. His brain didn't stop his fingers from typing. That's not breaking an NDA but could have huge consequences for him personally, as in sources not telling him what's happening behind the scenes and press contacts being more weary of him saying stuff he isn't supposed to say.

But him just throwing both of those names out there without ANY clue they're coming for PC? I don't believe that.

Exactly

Sydle

Pretty sure it was at E3 during the PC "conference" that Rod Fergusson was asked if Gears 4 would come to PC and he said stay tuned. I'd wager this happens, but probably delayed a bit from the Xbox One release.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Lol.

Yeah we'll share, share that you got yelled at by MS reps for spilling the beans too early.

I've no doubt it's probably happening at some point.

But you think MS have sent out a memo to the industry telling them that there are other games coming to Pc, but have asked them not to report anything...for no reason?

It'd make sense if there was an event happening soon, and unless there's a big official announcement tomorrow, it's looks like a genuine mistake.

MUnited83

For you.

But you think MS have sent out a memo to the industry telling them that there are other games coming to Pc, but have asked them not to report anything...for no reason?

It'd make sense if there was an event happening soon, and unless there's a big official announcement tomorrow, it's looks like a genuine mistake.
There is an event happening soon though. Hell, its a specific Xbox/Win 10 event. I'd say the timing checks out

Awesome news! These ms exclusives havent been doing bonkers numbers on the xone alone. This will help to invigerate and get these franchises out to a wider base. I dont play on pc, only ps4 and xbone. But its good to know that some of my favorite xbox one games will have a much better chance now that they are abailible across two platforms! Especially scalebound! Halo 5 or sea of thieves with cross play would be godly

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Games currently in development for both platforms includes Gears of War 4, ReCore, Scalebound, and Fable Legends.
The thing is, this doesn't really look like a mistake. The way it is written and stuff and that too by an experienced journalist like Crossley. Gamestar deleted their article and it ended up being true and I'm assuming Gamespot were forced to edit as well. Either way, it doesn't really matter to me as I have an Xbone for these games.

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-hold-windows-10-and-xbox-gaming-press-event-feb-25

Would be pretty surprised if Gears 4 was ported to PC honestly. I fully expect Microsoft to treat it like Halo 5 and keep it fully exclusive as one of THE reasons to own an XB1.

It's kinda of weird this hasn't come to the pc yet, if I recalled correctly insomniac fully owns the ip, so they should be able to put it on pc no problem, and if Microsoft has publishing rights it should atleast be doable on the windows store.

i think they might just cut their losses on that one.

ps3ud0

Would be pretty surprised if Gears 4 was ported to PC honestly. I fully expect Microsoft to treat it like Halo 5 and keep it fully exclusive as one of THE reasons to own an XB1.
Considering something like GOW being exclusive in the past is a hand already dealt I suspect MS would likely want to keep Scalebound exclusive purely as its more likely to resonate with people that arent necessarily Xbox gamers. Same reason why something like Sunset Overdrive seems to be a popular request to be ported too...

ps3ud0 8)

I used to be against MS having it's exclusive going to PC because I figured it'd make it worthless, but that was kind of the wrong way to think.

I think this is a good positive direction to head if they fuse crossplay or if you buy a MS publish game you can play it on PC or XBOX one.

it also means more gamers have a chance to play the games (less fanboy console war stuff,although i think some people will love this to bash xbox one)

it's good for the developers too since more people can purchase their games, so i think it's actually a win/win.

but we shall see.

Binabik15

I'd definetly get Scalebound on PC when I build a new one in a few years (my current one is more suited to last gen games than the newer stuff).

Shenmue

Banned
I used to be against MS having it's exclusive going to PC because I figured it'd make it worthless, but that was kind of the wrong way to think.

I think this is a good positive direction to head if they fuse crossplay or if you buy a MS publish game you can play it on PC or XBOX one.

it also means more gamers have a chance to play the games (less fanboy console war stuff,although i think some people will love this to bash xbox one)

it's good for the developers too since more people can purchase their games, so i think it's actually a win/win.

but we shall see.

I don't know man. Look at the reactions right now. The majority of the bashing is coming from diehard xbox fanboys. People who don't own an Xbox see this as a good thing and have been praising MS for this decision.

Lingitiz

It's kinda of weird this hasn't come to the pc yet, if I recalled correctly insomniac fully owns the ip, so they should be able to put it on pc no problem, and if Microsoft has publishing rights it should atleast be doable on the windows store.

Wonder if it's just that Insomniac has no interest since they don't really do development on PC.

This is what I'm expecting only because Gears will sell xbox live subscriptions where as QB, Recore, and Scalebound won't.

Also if the game is going to be played "competitively" which it sounds like gears and they want to make sure it is it shouldn't have a mix of game pad and and M&K players

thuway

Well one thing is for sure, this announcement shifted my allotment towards buying a new Xbox One to purchasing a new GPU whenever AMD announced Polaris.

Shenmue

Banned
Well fuck me.

Haha yeah. I'm guessing they just didn't do like a formal nda or embargo so the guy thought it was all copacetic to share.

You don't just list a string of games and say they are in development for pc by mistake unless you had the worst case of brain freeze in human history.

Oxn

Im not sure if I am happy or not Scalebound will come to PC.

On one hand, I bought the XBONE specifically for Scalebound and Crackdown so I feel a bit scammed out of my money, but on the other hand I also have a beefy computer that will do it better justice.

Zedox

I'm pretty sure (as I've been stating this for a while now) that all MS IPs will soon be cross-play/cross-buy day and date across Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. It just makes so much sense to do so. Games going through Xbox Live and Windows 10 can make sure that it is secure, and for games that are multiplayer if a person only wants to play against XBO Controller players, they have the choice.

I guess people who only have Xbox forget that it's going to be less likely that a game will "die out" multiplayer wise if you add the PC gamer base to it. Titanfall for example is dead on PC but alive and well on Xbox One. If we had cross-buy/cross-play, the game would have been bigger (well...maybe a little bit...can't wait for TF2). I guess console owners are also forgetting that if you have cross-buy/play if anything happens to your xbox or your pc and you have the other...you can continue to still play. There's so many more positives than negatives to this.

Shit, I'll have QB on W10 and XBO for the price of 1 game. That's always a plus.

Hey, little bit OT, but has anyone heard anything about Halo Wars 2 recently? It's coming to both platforms, right? But it's not in the article...

Tagyhag

Might be a legit mistake, or GS might know more than we do. :p

On one hand, I bought the XBONE specifically for Scalebound and Crackdown so I feel a bit scammed out of my money, but on the other hand I also have a beefy computer that will do it better justice.

Just goes to show that you should never buy a system for a game that's not even released. Not even knowing if it'll be any good.

Lingitiz

Forza Horizon 3 next and we have a deal.

I'm super curious if Turn10 ever decides to bring Forza to PC. I think the games would do really well. But their development cycles on games are so tight that maybe logistically there just isn't enough time or manpower to do it right.

Those games are quite far away, even if you bought an XBO yesterday. I mean, you did say "specifically". Also waiting till the game is due for release will net you a cheaper console plus cut out the risk of the game getting cancelled, further delayed or respun into another game.

Might be a legit mistake, or GS might know more than we do. :p

Just goes to show that you should never buy a system for a game that's not even released. Not even knowing if it'll be any good.

Ha. I can see headlines tomorrow. Phil Spencer reveals it was all a ruse to wind up crapgamer and timdog.

Top Bottom