• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut debuts with 74k+ concurrent users on Steam making it the 2nd biggest Sony PC published game launch on the platform

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
The port is not good. Playstation overlay is causing massive performance damage.
If you don't care about the multiplayer side of things or the playstation overlay you can delete or rename the PSPC_SDK folder in %programdata%\Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc\ to get a 30-70% performance boost.
Source where I found this out:

I'm on 1660 Super and before deleting the folder the game ran at around 40fps on high settings. After deleting it the game now runs at around 65fps. This is before even turning FSR3 on.

>1660
>27 upvotes

For me it runs flawlessly on deck, Mobile RTX 2060 105w and of course 4080. It's a splendid port.

Funny thing that it also sold in 'banned' regions if you perfectly fine with Steam keys.

StereoVsn

>1660
>27 upvotes

For me it runs flawlessly on deck, Mobile RTX 2060 105w and of course 4080. It's a splendid port.

Funny thing that it also sold in 'banned' regions if you perfectly fine with Steam keys.
The issue might be a particular combo of components. 1660 Super is a fairly outdated card now days and if you couple they with older CPU and slower RAM, who knows what may be impacted.

Top Bottom