• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI.biz: "Wii U less powerful than PS3, Xbox 360, developers say"

Fritz

reverse-1328724228_raccoon_eating_popcorn.gif

I hope I will just once listen to reason and don't buy a console at launch.

guek

Banned
This is chaos. We have a lot of sources that say that it's more powerful than the others, and then we have some sources that say it's the other way around. I don't know what to think.

The only thing you can do is choose a side and blindly follow the correlating rumors into the abyss while forsaking all others. Wii U is either as powerful as a million exploding suns or neo geo pocket color. THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN. MUAHAHA!!!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The article is so embarassing, and there are many sources saying the exact contrary. So...how much till E3? The wait...THE WAIT!

BY2K

Membero Americo
people who seriously think the next Zelda is going to look that good are in for a rude awakening.

On the contrary.

Up until now, Zelda games have ALWAYS ended up looking better than the Zelda Tech Demos.

And what's this? ONE devs is saying something that's the opposite of everyone else? IT MUST BE TRUE!

people who seriously think the next Zelda is going to look that good are in for a rude awakening.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Both Zelda games on the Gamecube ended up looking better than the Spacworld 2000 demo, so the same thing could happen here.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I feel like this crap needs to get under control, and fast, or the next two months are going to be brutal on this board.

Grymm

Banned
Was the Zelda thing at E3 2011 realtime or a target render?

It was 1 room where you could move the camera and press a button to turn "day" to "night" which wasn't really all that impressive.

When you break that demo down... look at this pic.

zelda_wallpaper___wiiu_demo___by_andrelevydeoliveira-d47yiws.jpg

Look how flat Link is in the face and his clothing. It's just a simple model with a not even all that great ie worse than Mass Effect texture on it. The demo was really nothing impressive, unless your opinion is formed from a "I've never played anything but Nintendo consoles before" point of view. The little drops of light particles from the fairy were nice though.

I mean this was their big debut tech demo, and when you really look at it aside from the particles it looked just like if not worse in some aspects than current gen games.

Also from the article:

Some developers are looking at the PS3/PS Vita combo as being more powerful than the Wii U with tablet controller, and easier to program, too. "You can do everything with that combo that you can with the Wii U, and more," said the source. Nintendo's bid for a unique play experience with the tablet controller may not be completely successful.

Dartastic

I sincerely doubt this. Nintendo would have to be retarded to not have something that can exceed the power of this generation. Additonally, when you take into account competing company strategies (vita + ps3, iPad+ apple TV) Nintendo would have to be REALLY dumb.

Top Bottom