• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Vive stream | What a Time to Be a Vive!

Pedersen

Thought the last one was just going to last 2-3 hours and ended up watching nearly the whole thing. Looking forward doing the same now that I'm more mentally prepared

This image makes it look like they might be doing room scale stuff?

CfSKOJmUAAAl2Ud.jpg

I hope so, because that is really what sets the Vive apart from Rift at launch.

jaypah

Doubt it, but I hope there's better potential out of it at least. Oculus stream left me feeling pretty cold on the whole thing.

It's all so very YMMV though. I love my DK2 (even more so with the jump to 1.3). I watched the GB Rift livestream, had a few laughs and went back to loving my Rift. For some people the honeymoon phase doesnt end. I'm still amazed every time I put a headset on.

Steam's special brand of filth when it comes to shoddy ports and new releases is going to mix deliciously with VR. I bet a lot of games are just people trying to get in on the early gold rush since there won't be a large amount of quality games to choose from yet. I wonder if we'll see someone get sick from a bad VR game?

dhonk

Steam's special brand of filth when it comes to shoddy ports and new releases is going to mix deliciously with VR. I bet a lot of games are just people trying to get in on the early gold rush since there won't be a large amount of quality games to choose from yet. I wonder if we'll see someone get sick from a bad VR game?

I've got a Vive Pre so I know you're full of shit. Have had no performance issues except out of a Valve title no less. (Secret Shop, which they've since fixed.)

Anything else you want to ask?

I've got a Vive Pre so I know you're full of shit. Have had no performance issues except out of a Valve title no less. (Secret Shop, which they've since fixed.)

Anything else you want to ask?

Huh? I'm talking about all the new VR titles popping up on the store, not the Valve games. The actual launch lineup and marketed games won't run the risk that all the random VR ports do.

looks like it in the background - another light stand

Are you able to run Vive room scale stuff without both set up?

Everyone should check out the top video on the SteamVR page. What a great way to convey VR.
http://i.imgur.com/Me01Heo.jpg[img]

looks like it in the background - another light stand[/QUOTE]

Good work, detective!
[quote="TharpDaddy, post: 200207934"]
Are you able to run Vive room scale stuff without both set up?[/QUOTE]

You can, but there would be occlusion issues.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
This image makes it look like they might be doing room scale stuff?

CfSKOJmUAAAl2Ud.jpg

Oh man, maybe they're going to try doing the mixed reality greenscreen technique with Fantastic Contraption. That'll blow people away if they pull it off.

(probably just for normal show production, but it would be cool)

kinggroin

Banned
I feel like these guys feel ashamed to be gamers and hide insecurities by tinting their presentation with a shade of jadedness

But I appreciate the insight and time spent, all the same.

Top Bottom