• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Vive stream | What a Time to Be a Vive!

Dineren

Banned
I was a bit worried about having the headset in a different room than my computer and monitor, but it seems like they did a good job with the interface. Doesn't look like it'll be a problem not having access to the primary display.

Must have been a pretty depressing time for you these last few years.
iPhones bring continually dominant and ubiquitous I can understand and accept, but Samsung? Really?

Anyway, as long as they do well enough to keep making secret best phones (shoutout to OnePlus for being the new 'secret' best) then I'm happy.

That wee dog thing is creeping me out. I want one!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This mirror the person's vision setting seems like the best way to handle this if it's universal across all games.

spectator cameras are also fast becoming a thing - job simulator and I think the archery game have in game 'camcorders' you can position which I think sets what the spectators see on the monitor

The controllers look like a really interesting addition, but I have absolutely no space in my house where this thing would work.

I definitely agree with what others are saying. Even from just this short preview I already am digging the Vive a ton more than the Rift.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
loving the real world interactions - plugging a telephone exchange cable into a polaroid to switch locations is great.

spectator cameras are also fast becoming a thing - job simulator and I think the archery game have in game 'camcorders' you can position which I think sets what the spectators see on the monitor

That's awesome. Definitely seems like Valve's experience and skill comes through in how they handle early VR stuff.

kinggroin

Banned
fancymofoyvyvx.gif

Yes, despite some of them covering games for decades, they are ashamed of liking games and try to hide it.

Hahaha, what is this nonsense.

They're the least ashamed.

Trust me!

Oh, you're one of those people.

Lmao, what?

I don't follow them outside of some E3 stuff and the VR coverage. Dunno, the impressions I get from my limited exposure to their work, is that they don't like to let themselves get excited.

I'm obviously wrong though, right? I'll eat crow.

Top Bottom