• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gone Home |OT| I ain't afraid of no ghost!

Wok

They drop too quickly. I barely got 50 cents out of Spelunky the day it came out.

Spelunky was the top seller on Steam, and the game was already known for a year on XBLA. With this pricepoint, I do not expect this game to be that successful on the first day, so the cards will be more expensive. We will see.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
There was a thread here that said that this might be a horror story and I thought it was genius not to show anything scary until the game itself.

However, this is even more surprising! Will buy it when I can.

calder

I watched the trailer with my wife and she's excited about playing it too. Then she made a joke about it being set in olden-times and how I should really relate to it. She also theorized that chronologically in 2 or 3 games AssCreed will be set in my childhood so that will really be special for me. :p

I'll probably wait until the weekend, give me some time to think of a hopefully painless way to hook up my PC to the living room TV. I could find a long enough HDMI cable at work, but I don't have a wireless keyboard or mouse. I do have a laptop with HDMI out but while it plays SC2 and Dota on medium settings I'm not sure about how demanding Gone Home would be.

• Intel HD Graphics 4000

Well, laptop gpu meets the required specs at least.

gabbo

Been looking forward to it for a while, but totally spaced on the release date. Will pick it up in the near to not so near future, just so I can hear Hot Scoops on Thumbs talk about the response (be it good or bad).

I watched the trailer with my wife and she's excited about playing it too. Then she made a joke about it being set in olden-times and how I should really relate to it. She also theorized that chronologically in 2 or 3 games AssCreed will be set in my childhood so that will really be special for me. :p

Olden times? Oh my...

ikKckES3qPp7I.png

Well, then...

ibrG2t4YtBDpHO.png

Sweet, will have to do it in one sitting like Brothers which I need to get around to also. Although can see why people might not be up for that price point.

dreamfall

I won't get to play it until I get back from Europe, but seriously it's my most anticipated game outside of GTA V.

Not reading any reviews, just going to slowly meander and explore!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
As I was a teenage girl in the 90s growing up in the Pacific Northwest, I kind of feel I have to get this game. It helps that exploration games are one of my favorite genres!

Releasing on my thirtieth birthday doesn't hurt either!

BanGy.nz

Banned
As I was a teenage girl in the 90s growing up in the Pacific Northwest, I kind of feel I have to get this game. It helps that exploration games are one of my favorite genres!

Releasing on my thirtieth birthday doesn't hurt either!
This game sound like it was designed for you.

Gone Home comes out tomorrow around 6:00am and I can't decide if I wake up early and play for a hour or wait till after work. Either way work tomorrow is going to unbearable.

I've decided to save the twenty bucks and just break into my neighbors house while dressed in baggy jeans and a flannel shirt. I'll make a custom soundtrack filled with a ridiculously obscure/labeled genre (which we all know is just pop rock), and throw Remo's Thirty Flights of Loving soundtrack work on there to.

120v

i've been wanting to play this. $20 though... i'd like to show my support but eh

looking forward to it either way

Sloane

Banned
i've been wanting to play this. $20 though... i'd like to show my support but eh

looking forward to it either way
Yeah, I love the idea of the game so I'll buy it and hope it is successful (reviews will probably help), but it seems a bit weird to release it without a pre-order and at the highest possible price point for an indie adventure game.

Yeah, I love the idea of the game so I'll buy it and hope it is successful (reviews will probably help), but it seems a bit weird to release it without a pre-order and at the highest possible price point for an indie adventure game.

Yeah, ive been following this game for pretty much the last year or so. Dying to play it, then saw the price, and got hit with a load of bills this week on top of it all, and now im like shit, i cant really afford to spend that much on a game that can be finished in a few hours :(

I'm very interesting in this concept, but let be honest, releasing an indie game at 19,99 dollars, is not an opportunity anymore.

PC gamer has a lot of backlog, they always wait for a discount price.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Just imagine you're Jeff Goldblum breaking into someone else's house, and going through their stuff. It's how I play Skyrim.

Just imagine you're breaking into Jeff Goldblum's house and you steal his shoes XD

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
ibrG2t4YtBDpHO.png

Sweet, will have to do it in one sitting like Brothers which I need to get around to also. Although can see why people might not be up for that price point.

I finished it in less than three hours, and I take forever to play games due to wanting to see/look at everything. It's not only possible to play it in one sitting, it's the only way you should play it. Really special game.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Just watched the quicklook of this game and honestly I'd love for someone to help me understand why this game is getting so talked up by basically everyone who has touched it.

Scanning in hand written notes and using royalty free Kurt Cobain photo as a fake magazine cover are little cute ideas but not enough for me to give a shit about the game.

A few hours of poking in fake drawers to learn a secret about a haunted house doesn't exactly sound amazing.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Just watched the quicklook of this game and honestly I'd love for someone to help me understand why this game is getting so talked up by basically everyone who has touched it.

Scanning in hand written notes and using royalty free Kurt Cobain photo as a fake magazine cover are little cute ideas but not enough for me to give a shit about the game.

A few hours of poking in fake drawers to learn a secret about a haunted house doesn't exactly sound amazing.
Looks like this game isn't for you. I think it looks great.

bender

What time is it?
I finished it in less than three hours, and I take forever to play games due to wanting to see/look at everything. It's not only possible to play it in one sitting, it's the only way you should play it. Really special game.

Thank you Brad. I was already looking forward to it but this seals the deal. Come on Humble Indie Store.

I'm going to avoid the QuickLook until after I finish the game.

Wok

Is the game suitable for children?

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Is the game suitable for children?

How old are we talking? There's not much that you would find objectionable in a puritanical sense (though that's a grey area depending on the person), but the thematic elements are pretty mature and probably wouldn't resonate as much with someone who isn't at least deep into adolescence.

Wok

How old are we talking? There's not much that you would find objectionable in a puritanical sense (though that's a grey area depending on the person), but the thematic elements are pretty mature and probably wouldn't resonate as much with someone who isn't at least deep into adolescence.

My question was more: are there elements which might be shocking (either overly sexual or blood, guns, violence)? I feel uneasy about going in a stranger's house and opening the drawers. Finding souvenirs is okay for me, but I don't want to find some weird stuff.

Based on your answer, I understand the players has to be mature, but there won't be any shocking element. Not that I am easily shocked, but I want the game to stay classy.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

Aw man, gonna totally buy then. Hopefully it runs ok on my kinda crap computer.

Can anyone speak to how this game runs on a laptop? Brad and Vinny reporting framerate issues on their PCs make me pretty skeptical of its running acceptably on lesser computers.

Top Bottom