• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Unveiling live stream discussion (incl. FIA Championship gameplay)

muteki

I'm not expecting too much on the visual front, as will probably be playing a lot in VR and that comes with its compromises, but damn I continue to be baffled at how the complaints about sound appear to fall on deaf ears.

spwolf

Yeah I'm not buying this. I've been waiting for this. I'd rather not go with P Cars,

lol.. why arent you already on Project Cars? It has been on sale so many times. You should own it and play it, there is no need to wait for GT.

As to Evolution, it has nothing to do with GT and you should know better.

Why is it that these replay modes STILL cut the game to 30fps when all they do is add motion blur?

It needs motion blur in gameplay anyway.

coolmast3r

DerZuhälter;204119730 said:
Terrible shadow resolution, anisotropic filtering seems missing, and yo can see the shadow resolution LOD being pushed like a magic band infront of you.
What have they been doing all this time? GT6 running on native 1080p wouldn't look worse than this.

Yep. Thanks PD for listening to years of fan feedback.

mejin

This could be a 50% build. Doesn't mean that they don't have a more advanced build. This could be be a version they set up for this event.

Not the best showing for sure, but jesus- some of the comments in this thread...

Maybe it's the beta they canceled. And GAF loves drama. lol

Elios83

Tokyo looks amazing.
Too bad that the rest is taken from GT6.
Basically this looks like a remastered GT6+. Should have been out a year ago.

jett

D-Member
tumblr_inline_n2evkrVlno1rpdoov.gif

There's every need to be upset.

I can't believe replays are still 30fps. It's a new generation, and this game doesn't even look good. I don't understand what PD has been doing.

I find it funny that the 3 japanese players are trashing the competition on a japanese track.

Also , There is still problems with the camera

Arex

The japanese are pulling away, they have probably driven on that expressway before lol XD

Tokyo looks pretty good, but doesn't seem like a very long track

This commentary is pretty damn awkward. Apparently the drivers understand the cars and track automatically because they're all Japanese lol.

Saw that weird reflection update thing happen too.

No, I won't buy it full price with that sound.
Also if GTS gets bad buzz and Assetto Corsa is earlier with really good buzz, that could damage those important day1 sales massively.

I don't reckon GT deserves the sales or praise it gets, well sometimes I don't, there's shit it does better than everybody else and a whole lot where it's been left well behind.

GHG

Gold Member
It would have been better to continue to give us the silent treatment.

At least we would all still believe something great was coming.

Humidex

Just checked out the stream. Good God, I know it's WIP but at this point, it really feels like PD haven't moved on...

Chase cam is still 150% rigid to the car, still no motion blur, still looks like everyone is doing 30mph...

This is looking like GT6.5 at best.

bombshell

tumblr_inline_n2evkrVlno1rpdoov.gif

There's every need to be upset.

I can't believe replays are still 30fps. It's a new generation, and this game doesn't even look good. I don't understand what PD has been doing.

Did they say replays are 30fps or are you assuming because the stream is?

DavidDesu

Not gonna lie, I'm buying this for GT in VR.

Otherwise it looks and sounds like a souped up Gran Turismo 6 that I heard they were doing a couple of years ago as a stopgap release until GT7. You'd think that hiring Turn 10's audio lead a year ago would be enough time for better engine sounds in this though. Oh well.

Ok, I might have hyperbole-eed earlier saying I'm not buying this. Of course I'll buy for PSVR getting to run the ring endlessly. Like with GT5/6 I'll probably ignore much of the rest of the game.

So I guess I have to keep playing Forza 6 and Project Cars.

Not that it's a bad thing, just a little wowed at how PD has like not improved barely at all.

Didn't they say something like "Japanese players in Japanese cars on a Japanese track in a Japanese game, it's like the holy gates opening"? Last part is probably miles off but they said something like that.

Yes. No, I quoted them too, just exaggerated, because that guy wasn't sure if Mazda is a japanese company.

Top Bottom