• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Unveiling live stream discussion (incl. FIA Championship gameplay)

I am almost relieved this is looking to be awful. I probably would have done something stupid like buy a new wheel just for PS4 if this was half way decent. At least I can postpone that posibility until GT7, but I have absolutely zero faith in that game after seeing how far behind the curve PD is.

hum now that the camera has moved, i'm now offically disapointed by the sounds .

There is work to do on this , as it stands , GT Sports won't be a purchase for me.

The engine sounds.... How?

Does Kaz not play the competitions games or something?

For real the biggest complaint (at least) about the series. I didn't know the discrepancy until I went to a historic race event at Laguna and Sonoma Raceway. Before that I thought the Audi R8 were silent.

GHG

Gold Member
Can we put some money together to build Kaz a PC gaming rig and copies of Asseto Corsa, RaceRoom and PCars to send to him?

I feel he needs some perspective.

Terrible commentary isn't it?

"Hey look at that, it's amazing look at all the detail like [feature you get in every race game] and look at [feature you get in every racing game]."

Maybe the advice was "talk a lot so folks can't hear the exhaust notes".

Heh, I wouldn't be surprised.

Tire screech and vacuum cleaners back, i'm out.

Terrible shadow resolution, anisotropic filtering seems missing, and yo can see the shadow resolution LOD being pushed like a magic band infront of you.
What have they been doing all this time? GT6 running on native 1080p wouldn't look worse than this.

SkylineRKR

I am almost relieved this is looking to be awful. I probably would have done something stupid like buy a new wheel just for PS4 if this was half way decent. At least I can postpone that posibility until GT7, but I have absolutely zero faith in that game after seeing how far behind the curve PD is.

I don't want to be that guy but Evo gets closed and PD gets a free pass every time. Had moved Evo over to PD or something. They know a few things about interface and sound for example.

Rajang

Those tire sounds...

giphy.gif

5taquitos

Maybe GT Sport is actually a super-short development project, and they just snagged a few things from GT7 to throw it together in a year? Like development literally started the day after it was revealed in Paris?

Please?

Fuck this. They just cut to that red car in the stream, I heard the exact same sound they used on the Group C Nissans in GT4.

Then the race finished, a car crashed and I heard the same crash and tire sounds from GT5/6. Sound is still shit.

nib95

Banned
Wow, the hyperbole in this thread. It's almost like the game is 7 months from release you guys. >_>

But this is still a massive promotional reveal. If it looks subpar or well below expectations, or you don't have anything really good to show, simply don't show it. That's two massive tentpole games that have had seriously disappointing reveals for me now, both GTS and Gears 4. Sigh.

kvn

I think I'm gonna wait for the release to get a full and legit picture of this. As it stands now, it's completey disappointing for me.

About that
3qR29a2.png

I wonder how long this has taken to get to 50% if it comes out in November?

Here's hoping the other 50% brings it up to standard.....I mean premium!

holyfuckingfuck! A wangan track and not just the test run? I've been waiting a decade for this.

Edit: lol at the stream chat... we're doomed.

But this is still a massive promotional reveal. If it looks subpar or well below expectations, or you don't have anything really good to show, simply don't show it. That's two massive tentpole games that have had seriously disappointing reveals for me now, both GTS and Gears 4. Sigh.

Well, yes, the reveal itself has been shit. Ever since they announced the game and showed almost nothing it was bad already.

Better for us to see the game being directly played live than only seeing really polished trailers with impossible IQ every other year, but definitely worse marketing-wise.

Doing this race with a frigging oval is by far the WORST thing about the entire thing.

GHG

Gold Member

Yep. Old tired IP's that have failed to move with the times and innovate. Sometimes things just need to be put down or be rebooted.

Someone needs to delete all the old data and sound files Kaz has, hand GT over to someone else and make them start from scratch.

It's like Arsene Wenger at Arsenal.

I am sure this build is behind the final build, but I am done drinking the PD kool-aid. We've been getting the same excuses since GT3. PD seems to be living in a separate reality where Forza, iRacing, Assetto Corsa, PCars, Rfactor, Game Stock Car, etc don't exist. This shit would barely be cutting edge mid PS3 gen.

Top Bottom