• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Unveiling live stream discussion (incl. FIA Championship gameplay)

Arklite

Can we put some money together to build Kaz a PC gaming rig and copies of Asseto Corsa, RaceRoom and PCars to send to him?

I feel he needs some perspective.

The man races IRL, doesn't matter. Yamauchi is half deaf. He has to be.

BadWolf

People judge what they are shown.

If it improves by the time of release then people will acknowledge that and give Polyphony props.

rrs

Can we put some money together to build Kaz a PC gaming rig and copies of Asseto Corsa, RaceRoom and PCars to send to him?

I feel he needs some perspective.
a cheaper solution: a PS1 and a copy of Gran Turismo 2

Wait, cause the game is FIA sanctioned, that is going to make people "behave online" Hahaha. So clearly there is no safety rating system or anything in place? I was only half listening, did I miss them say that? All I caught was the FIA bit. So ridic.

It certainly didn't help FFXIII.
So a game that was still a solid play that was gorgeous but left an eternal feeling of "why...?" at the end? Yeah GT needs to be better than that.

Sony has always given PD a lot of freedom but I think perhaps that's gone too far. I hope Shu gets drilled on this.

dabeasty

seriously but i hoped and hoped for the sounds to get better and change each gt
but know i just lost hope,to obvious its not gonna change man even if its 50 percent done:(

DavidDesu

Yeah I'm not buying this. I've been waiting for this. I'd rather not go with P Cars, which achieves greatness on some levels but comes across as amateur hour in many others. I expected more from GT on PS4. Polish, ambition... I'm seeing none of that. Naughty Dog and others are absolutely doing amazing things with the hardware, PD used to have that same knack for the tech, but they're not even trying. This looks like GT6. It sounds like GT6. There's better out there, but no sim racer on console has the complete package. After the reveal of GT Sport no sim racer on console has the complete package.

Sony needs to fucking fix this. You close other studios down. Sure, GT will still sell loads, but it could be so much more. Give them a fucking kick up the arse, this shit is so lacking in so many areas. Smaller studios are achieving better results with far less time and money. What the fuck are PD doing all this time. Honestly, what? Seems like a major example of terrible Japanese game development meandering.

c0de

DerZuhälter;204117324 said:
Even the leaderboard is fucked.

rIK6lTh.jpg

Why is Takahashi 3rd?

Threeth.

50%? Lol, OK.
So we still have bumper car collisions and the sound is still a joke? Visuals aren't impressive either, lots of aliasing and poor shadows.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I am loving this meltdown to be honest, though it is the first PS4 exclusive to be released during the holidays and most likely it will sell well as well.

It'll sell.

Look at the buzz here, don't think it really matters how well the game is received it still generates a following.

No, I won't buy it full price with that sound.
Also if GTS gets bad buzz and Assetto Corsa is earlier with really good buzz, that could damage those important day1 sales massively.

Sony knows from GT5 and GT6 that it can put out a substandard product and it will sell millions. I doubt any criticism here will matter. GT has a name that will sell.

50% off, you mean sale price?

Oh wait.

Sony knows from GT5 and GT6 that it can put out a substandard product and it will sell millions. I doubt any criticism here will matter. GT has a name that will sell.

GT6 proved that just the name isn't enough anymore, it will sell, yes, but not nearly what the old games sold.

bud

they're obviously being told to emphasise it's only 50% complete and that they're working on improving the game every day, haha.

Woodchipper

I'm so pissed right now I don't know what to do. I'm pissed at Kaz, I'm pissed at PD's staff for not slapping their boss in the face, and most of all, I'm pissed at Sony.

Tomeru

This could be a 50% build. Doesn't mean that they don't have a more advanced build. This could be be a version they set up for this event.

Not the best showing for sure, but jesus- some of the comments in this thread...

GHG

Gold Member
No, I won't buy it full price with that sound.
Also if GTS gets bad buzz and Assetto Corsa is earlier with really good buzz, that could damage those important day1 sales massively.

Yeh I won't buy it.

The fact that I've got an unopened copy of GT6 that has been sat here since early 2014 says it all. I simply cannot be bothered with it considering what else is out there at the moment.

xrnzaaas

November is going to be very interesting. 50% finished build doesn't tell me much, because we don't know what they have left... is it only the content (that would be the worst case scenario) or are the physics, the graphics and the sounds also getting major improvements.

5taquitos

This could be a 50% build. Doesn't mean that they don't have a more advanced build. This could be be a version they set up for this event.

Not the best showing for sure, but jesus- some of the comments in this thread...
It's not a good look for a series that always had fantastic first looks.

Kyoufu

Not gonna lie, I'm buying this for GT in VR.

Otherwise it looks and sounds like a souped up Gran Turismo 6 that I heard they were doing a couple of years ago as a stopgap release until GT7. You'd think that hiring Turn 10's audio lead a year ago would be enough time for better engine sounds in this though. Oh well.

Top Bottom