• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

New DLC came out yesterday BTW... as a sort of PSA

for anyone that hasn't played since November, there actually probably going to be a lot of free new content when you try out the PS4/XB1 version

Map editors for racing, deathmatch, and last team standing.

Maybe.... 32 new cars, many that are unique and have a lot of unique body customization options. There's a few that have none, and basically just copy/paste of 2-3 old cars but most are really high quality.

I think there's about 10 or so new guns. Most are just new art but a few have new functionality like moving-while-scoped or the new slug shotgun (not buckshot). Few are just copy/pastes of the assault/carbine rifles but most are pretty unique.

Must be at least 10 new unique GTAO outfits but most of these are not available in the GTA V SP story. A few new masks is about it.

It's a fair bit, and it's all free, too, so that's always nice in the era of $2 outfits/$20 season passes.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'll have to dip in sometime this weekend to check out the new kit.

Nice avatar, btw - love me some C64 Neuromancer action :)

paolo11

Any news about trophies for PS4? Hopefully it;'s shared or MP online trophies will unlock based on your MP save.

I'll have to dip in sometime this weekend to check out the new kit.

Nice avatar, btw - love me some C64 Neuromancer action :)

The Flight school is fun. It's a strange 'single player' element in the online mode.
The flight mission are seriously tough IMO but really fun. Interesting modes like trying to land a broken plane or one with the engines.

Salvadora

It's the European version, so it probably has uncompressed audio and multiple languages which would account for the 50GBs.

That is if it isn't a placeholder.

eso76

What in the world did they do to make it that big? The PS3 version is only 17gb.

Uncompressed audio and much better quality video for movies and shows you can watch in the game mostly, i'd guess.

And of course, textures resolution (considering the number of different textures in the game, even a slight increase in resolution for each would mean a huge amount of additional data) and assets complexity.

Any idea when its going for preorder on psn?

I'm wondering this too. Definitely could use that cool $1M pre-order bonus, hopefully we get that even buying digital.

I normally only buy discs (because I'm a serial swapper) but this is one game I know I'll want on my PS4 forever.

Fjordson

Damn. Was probably going retail for this anyway, but that's definitely a lot.

Wasn't Max Payne 3 on PC pretty big also? Like 35 GB or something.

UrbanRats

Goddamn.
Last of Us is also around that size, at 48GB.

500GB hard-drives are going to be insufficient pretty soon, unless you play one game at a time and don't mind reinstalling them on and on.

Damn. Was probably going retail for this anyway, but that's definitely a lot.

Wasn't Max Payne 3 on PC pretty big also? Like 35 GB or something.

The download was around 30 or 35 i think, but once installed it's 27, IIRC.

Keep in mnd that it had prerendered FMV at 60 fps in very high quality, though.
A bit like Last of Us.

EDIT: Ok Steam says it's 30gb.

Wouldn't surprise me. As we move away from cross gen games expect them to get even bigger. Last week I got FH2 on X1 and that was around 35.84gb unlucky for you if you have shit internet or even worse caps on your DL's.

This gen is going to be terrible for you unfortunately.

Which is why I'm going mostly physical this gen. Put the disc in and it installs in 2 minutes. Also with a disc it isn't such a big deal if I delete it to make space because it installs so quickly.

K' Dash

I don't know ANYTHING about this game, went complete media blackout since it was announced, no trailers, no info, nothing.

I hope it blows me away.

hypotc

I sold my Xbox 360 copy about half a year ago, so it's been a while since I've played it. PS4 version is Day 1, no doubt. I love GTAV, and I can't wait to see the enhancements when the new version comes out! :)

Horns

Seems possible. 16 patches + new content + higher resolution + whatever other surprises Rockstar has not yet revealed. I'm not sure what the size is on 360, but it takes up a lot of HDD space.

GTA IV supported six axis, but it wasn't anything special. I hope whatever they do it adds to the gameplay.

This line in that image is more interesting to me:

'A Playstation Move navigation controller or Wireless Controller will be required for motion control features.'

What could that mean? I do not recall Playstation Move being involved with GTA V on PS4. I wonder if Rockstar's also implementing features for Kinect?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
50 wouldn't surprise me at all. All that audio content. Not to mention how many unique assets are in Rockstar games.

Turkoop

Banned
  • 1080p native
  • locked 30 fps
  • Wheel Viewing in Cars
  • Support for GTA Online and Story DLC's
  • Remove 999 Level cap -.-

WISHLIST

Dabanton

Hell, I'd be happy if 1 GB of that was for a decent lobby system in GTA Online.

They've made slight moves to improve it. I think the call waiting option while you wait for the lobby to fill is good.

But if these matches are going to have 30 players I do hope they relooked at it again.

Top Bottom