• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

AmyS

What are the chances that new high-end PC with:

-recent Intel 4.0+ GHz Core i7
-2 super clocked GTX 970s or 980s in SLI (8 GB total VRAM)
- 16 GB system RAM

..Would be able to handle GTA V PC on ultra settings, a resolution of 4K (3840 x 2160p) no anti-aliasing and maintain 60 FPS. come the end of January, basically with todays components ?

- 16 GB system RAM

..Would be able to handle GTA V PC on ultra settings, a resolution of 4K (3840 x 2160p) no anti-aliasing and maintain 60 FPS. come the end of January, basically with todays components ?

There is absolutely no way to know given Rockstar hasn't detailed any pc exclusive features.

And the title should be changed, still hurts!

Nabs

- 16 GB system RAM

I'll let you know in a bit, my time machine is currently in use.

Gbraga

I know it's too early to know for sure, but just a guess ?

No way to guess either. We could speculate about certain configs being able to handle the game at console levels or above, but we can't know what "ultra settings" will mean for this game. If they're making "ultra" with so much stuff that they're aiming for 1080p / 30fps using 4 Titan Blacks, then no, you won't be able to run on ultra.

Also, maybe you already know this, but since you mentioned "today's components", I guess I should let you know that VRAM won't add when in SLI :p

2 4GB 980s in SLI will still give you 4GB of VRAM. I've seen people saying the 8GB models will still come out this year, though.

- 16 GB system RAM

If there's SLI support, and it's not horribly optimized, then I think the chances would be high.

- 16 GB system RAM

Doesn't VRAM not stack?

Unless you're referring to the hypothetical 8 GB models.

AmyS

Ah it totally slipped my mind that 4 GB GDDR5 + 4 GB GDDR4 across 2 graphics cards in SLI does not mean 8 GB VRAM, it's still 4 GB.

Maligna

Banned
I've been sitting in my game room mulling about, trying to figure out something to play for the past 3 hours. I put something like Destiny in, play 5 minutes... take it out. Decide to go retro, put something old in, play 2 minutes... take it out. Surf the internet.... feel unsatisfied....
Can someone knock me out until the game launches? I don't know what to do with myself and everything else pales in comparison to my hype.

UnrealEck

Can someone knock me out until the game launches? I don't know what to do with myself and everything else pales in comparison to my hype.

17hnruek5vwm1jpg.jpg

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I've been sitting in my game room mulling about, trying to figure out something to play for the past 3 hours. I put something like Destiny in, play 5 minutes... take it out. Decide to go retro, put something old in, play 2 minutes... take it out. Surf the internet.... feel unsatisfied....

How are people so hyped for this game? it literally came out 1 year ago. You can still play it fine if you have 360 or PS3. And if you were waiting and kept yourself just to play it on next gen, then you have already waited this long. I guess only few more months to go. And I am a huge GTA fan myself. May be because I played shit out of the last gen versions.

diaspora

- 16 GB system RAM

Rockstar are absolutely useless at PC porting, so there's no way to know yet.

just play gta v lol that's all i do

i usually pick a car for the evening and come up with a theme or idea... like taking the Lampadati Pigalle out to Chumash to go drive jet skis off the beach, roll around the Grand Senora sand dunes in a Dubsta or maybe make a 'delivery' of TPI meth goods from the stripclub up to Paleto in a Turismo R modeled exactly off a LaFerrari.. maybe cruise around 20-30 minutes... end up with a 4 star chase and try survive on the roads as long as possible (no cheating in tunnels) and usually that's an easy 1-2 hours of relaxing random free roam every night, and I usually always have something new and funny happen in terms of where I get into a shootout, pedestrians crashing at high speeds, on-foot get-a-ways, etc... game doesn't have much free roam gameplay content or modes but the map sure is awesome just for driving and getting into shootouts/car chases in.

throw in gta iv once in a while too i never really liked it compared to VC and SA but... the car physics can be pretty darn fun after a long of gta v.

My problem.

Let me tell you, not even playing GTAV on PS3 every day for the past year has scratched the itch. And now Rockstar is gonna release a brand new version of this decadent irritant into my gaming ecosystem.

There is no cure. I'll live with it forever. And I can't wait.

Most excited to hear what other new vehicles will be in the game. Notice I didn't say automobiles.

Rembrandt

Banned
How are people so hyped for this game? it literally came out 1 year ago. You can still play it fine if you have 360 or PS3. And if you were waiting and kept yourself just to play it on next gen, then you have already waited this long. I guess only few more months to go. And I am a huge GTA fan myself. May be because I played shit out of the last gen versions.

Traded my PS3 in when I got my XB1, so it'll be a year. I'm beyond hyped.

Skyzard

Banned

- 16 GB system RAM

The VRAM doesn't add up. There are rumoured 8GB versions come out down the line though if that's what you're referring to.

Tigress

I played the shit out of the last gen. Took a long break. Played some more, took a break. Now am ready to play again but refuse to let myself play cause I want to be hyped up when next gen comes out, not jaded by having played it a while by the time it comes out.

And I'm having a hard time waiting. Patience is not a virtue of mine.

My problem.

Let me tell you, not even playing GTAV on PS3 every day for the past year has scratched the itch. And now Rockstar is gonna release a brand new version of this decadent irritant into my gaming ecosystem.

There is no cure. I'll live with it forever. And I can't wait.

Most excited to hear what other new vehicles will be in the game. Notice I didn't say automobiles.
Yeah I've beat the game 8 times now and I'm still not bored with the missions and cutscenes.

Which says a lot because I couldn't even find any interest to beat all of IV or SA once... though I at least came close to beating SA twice (up to Las Venturas) and I only beat VC with cheat codes. Usually I find the missions of GTA boring and repetitive with horrible gameplay, and the story full of too many random joke characters with no real relevance to the core story. I put 100s of hours into VC and SA but mostly just for free roam. But with V the story and missions... I actually have done nothing but replay and replay them for a year. Funny or witty lines. Lots of unique well-produced missions. Fun driving and gunplay. Dunno haha I just haven't got bored yet no matter what other games I try I end up going back to V within a few days.

Hip Hop

Because it's the best game last gen and I want to experience it with what looks to be a complete re-work done?

Vidpixel

Since I'm picking this up on the PS4 when it comes out, is it even worth it to go sell the 360 version at GameStop, or would I just look foolish?

Jedi2016

I, for one, really want to go back and keep playing, but now I just get the feeling I'm playing the "lesser version" and knowing that any single-player progress I make won't be carried over. So I'm pretty much done with the last-gen version.

because this version has new features, awesome visuals, and will actually run well. that last point can not be stressed enough. at any locked framerate this shit will feel like a whole new game.

I'm excited about it because I think GTAV is one of the best games ever made, and this is a version of it without all of the technical issues that the last gen versions had. I played it and completed it on the PS3, then put it aside so that I could try to forget about it. That way I can come in somewhat fresh again with the PS4 version.

Seanspeed

Banned
No, you cant play it fine on 360 or PS3. It runs at like 15-25fps.

Akai__

I've been playing GTA Online for some weeks now. It reminds me of GTA 4, with these non-stop phone calls. It's annoying and I hope they patch it out in the Xbox One/PS4/PC versions. It would also be cool if "Radio Station - OFF" under Settings wouldn't be a dead setting. -.-

I also came across this huge suggestion list, which really has some good points. Such a shame that nobody wants to read it, because it's too long.

Qassim

The PS3 and 360 versions are ugly and have terrible performance. I played through the story on PS3 and then had to leave it, told myself I'd wait for a PC version so I can properly enjoy it with good performance and image quality.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I, for one, really want to go back and keep playing, but now I just get the feeling I'm playing the "lesser version" and knowing that any single-player progress I make won't be carried over. So I'm pretty much done with the last-gen version.

Wanted to do the same for multiplayer and it immediately deflated my hype. Damn, it was bad, it seemed they wanted to make everything around money and not fun.

Am I the only one slightly hesitant about double dippin? I mean, the story didn't really leave a mark on me and GTAO just made me mad because in my mind that's where they put all the resources. Oh well, I'll get it on a steam sale just to double check that I didn't hate it as much as I think.

So is the new content just music, cats, and first person mode? Or is there some SP shit as well?

Carcetti

Has there been any pics of Online characters? I'd gladly import mine from Xbox 360 to next gen if I don't have to see that terrible old potato face.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm hoping they make the side activities have better cash payouts.

Only GTA where I had money issues. Only real way to make any money was assassination missions with socks and even that was finite. Never dying for money, but I couldn't buy those insane cars on the internet they had or anything like that.

Tigress

I'm hoping they make the side activities have better cash payouts.

Only GTA where I had money issues. Only real way to make any money was assassination missions with socks and even that was finite. Never dying for money, but I couldn't buy those insane cars on the internet they had or anything like that.

Are you talking about SP mode?

I kinda wonder if they didn't make it hard to get money in SP on purpose to convince you to try MP where it was more possible to get that expensive stuff (and they had MTs to encourage you to pay extra)...

(and this is why MTs are bad people. It does encourage stuff like that. And even if they didn't, that thought will be in my mind when playing SP that SP was gimped some to encourage me to play MP even when I'd prefer SP except some things were done better in MP. Including being able to actually do something other than the stock market to get enough money to get the expensive stuff. Also, with how they allow you to keep cars in MP vs. SP).

Are you talking about SP mode?

I kinda wonder if they didn't make it hard to get money in SP on purpose to convince you to try MP where it was more possible to get that expensive stuff (and they had MTs to encourage you to pay extra)...

(and this is why MTs are bad people. It does encourage stuff like that. And even if they didn't, that thought will be in my mind when playing SP that SP was gimped some to encourage me to play MP even when I'd prefer SP except some things were done better in MP. Including being able to actually do something other than the stock market to get enough money to get the expensive stuff. Also, with how they allow you to keep cars in MP vs. SP).

I think it's just bad balance because it's easy to have over 2 billion per character when you finish the game. But you have to exploit the assassination missions and stock market. It's easy to make hundreds of millions on the BAQSAQ too because it's easy to get anywhere between 10-100% returns over a few days or a week and just use multiple save files with different stocks. So if you exploit the stock market, you basically break money in the game.

And, if you don't do this, there's no other way to make millions. Heck, there's no other way to even make hundreds of thousands. You get good revenue from the properties once you buy them.. my Michael gets about $800,000 a week but you could never buy that $250ish million worth of real estate without abusing the stock market. Only other way to really get good money are suitcase drops, and they're not repeatable anymore. Altruist never was, and when they fixed the respawning underwater suitcase, it bugged out the weed farm. In-game it still to this date says we're supposed to be able to raid it every week (usually between $10k-100k spawns) but after Rockstar fixed the underwater suitcase, they broke the weed farm from respawning. And they never fixed it because they mostly just ignore GTAV to make GTAO content.

So basically either you never have enough money and no good way to make money... or you break the game and make money pointless by abusing the stock market. For a game that's supposed to be about making money via Heists, they were incredibly lazy about money balance. 5 years on a game and can't even get a QA guy to spend 1 day tweaking the money amounts to be even remotely balanced.

Top Bottom