• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 (2016) & Gravity Daze Remaster announced (PS4) (platform whine = ban)

Enjoy!.

91txtzwte-l._sl1500_dbswk.jpg

Limited edition preorder.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B015DSRAVU

Shin-Ra

We smoother now.

With added anisotropic filtering.

21397354912_19b51c72a0_o.png

21416640941_c75c179883_o.png

I knew that Bluepoint job posting would be in part about making Kat's dress detail 3D.

I kinda hoped that they would have new designs for the main characters in GR2, but the environmental art is superb, perhaps even moreso than GR1.
I'd like it if Kat's appearance at least evolved over the course of GD2.

I love the bit when she runs forward and dives off the ledge in a straight line. Looks like she's much more confident and really in control of her powers now. Developers who are looking to make a superhero game with a flying protagonist should look no further than here, because it has easily the best feeling of flight in any game. I love how in the first game when she flies she feels like she's constantly on the edge of losing control.

leroidys

I loved this game, but it had the worst camera stick deadzone of any game I've ever played.

Yeah, definitely played much better using the tilt in conjunction with the stick (like splatoon!)

It's sad that they don't want a better Gravity Daze, just a Vita game. It's like the whole Type-0 brouhaha.

I was pissed at the prospect of it debuting on PS4 like 2 years ago, but now that window has so obviously passed I'll take the better hardware hands down. I did really LOVE the feeling of staring down into this bustling overworld in my hands though. I might even remote play it to recreate that :)

Jigorath

Banned
If I wasn't already sold on the Remaster, Bluepoint's involvement would have done it. They're the kings of remastering games.

Odrion

Banned
A really good and cool modern Sony IP, glad it's continuing on the PS4.

I wish they kept it called Gravity Daze here. I think it's a cooler name.

vita fans on psblog are not happy. lol. kudos for that Sony guy for answering their questions.

What do they expect though - the Vita has sold poorly. GR1 probably sold poorly, and as a massive fan I'm appreciative that Yoshida didn't take those sales figures at face value and decided to give it another chance on PS4. I love my Vita, but it has been the cause of many good big-budget games' failure, from Wipeout 2048 to Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Freedom Wars and Killzone Mercs. These are all great games tied to a platform which ensures they can never be a big success.

crimilde

Banned
After the initial disappointment, I'm actually really happy they're going PS4 only. The game will be gorgeous from what we saw in the trailer.

I'll buy the remaster too, I kind of want to replay the game and I'm sure Bluepoint will do an amazing job with the port.

arumisan

Higher res key art

21381999406_3f2122c7d91bwx.jpg

THANK YOU!

On another note, can't wait for this to come out! Gravity Rush was the first game I played to completion on the vita so the nostalgic feeling is setting in (even though I haven't played the DLC).

Too bad it'll never come out for the Vita (at least not for a very long time, if ever).

Edit: The remaster version looks spectacular too!

Nesther

vita fans on psblog are not happy. lol. kudos for that Sony guy for answering their questions.

It's best not to read the PSBlog comments (especially EU). The amount of whining on any given topic is astounding.

And complaining about GRHD and GR2 is insane, this is amazing, even if it's justifiably skipping Vita.

NotLiquid

Its great to finally see Gravity Rush back and it looks really gorgeous on the new hardware, but I'm still worried that my main complaints from the original haven't been addressed in spite of the less constraints, that being that the combat never engaged me and that not a lot of interesting things were done with the Gravity mechanic from a puzzle and challenge standpoint.

I'm still somewhat hopeful since Kat is pretty much one of my favorite protagonists and I love the setting of the series.

Top Bottom