• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2: Bigger Worlds, Little Details, Silly Side Quests

This sounds amazing. I really just want the first game built upon with a bit more depth, side missions with a bit more variety and which feel meaningful, and better combat. I love the first game, and this is my most wanted game right now (vying with Horizon for first place). Kat is also one of if not the best superhero in video games, and I love the flying mechanics.

Possitive and upbeat, why I love Gravity rush and Kat.

Yeah, I adored her character so much in the first game. She's so damn likeable!

Mediking

This game looks like The Last of Us, like all the other Sony 1st Party games. I have enough of all these Gravity-Games, with mindless action. And it has another boring female white character, flying through the city? Ugh. Next please.

Screenshot just in case Gravity Rush 3 does turn into that.

firelogic

I just hope they retained the sense of speed when using gravity. It looks so great on the Vita with the way her body moves, air trails, and hair/clothes fluttering. Once you max it out, she flies around like a rocket.

I dont see much room for it though maybe August or December.

Gravity Rush Remastered was December last year in Japan/Asia.

I expect it to be December 2016. It can't be too early because ROW got GR : Remastered in February, and it'd be very early for a sequel for those who got in with the first game on PS4 at Feb.

RK128

Fuck packed, give it to me this year.
September and December is empty for Sony.

I think a September or December Release would good for the game too. September could be where they kick off Sony's line-up of exclusives (with GT Sport following GR2 later on and third party titles helping out). December could work good too, as the only major release of that month is KH2.8HD.

This game looks like The Last of Us, like all the other Sony 1st Party games. I have enough of all these Gravity-Games, with mindless action. And it has another boring female white character, flying through the city? Ugh. Next please.

On a day like this, this comment has made me smile in all the right ways.

Loudninja

Gravity Rush Remastered was December last year in Japan/Asia.

I expect it to be December 2016. It can't be too early because ROW got GR : Remastered in February, and it'd be very early for a sequel for those who got in with the first game on PS4 at Feb.
Yeah sounds about right!

What about that OVA? What studio making that?

No details yet.

Hopefully we see something at TGS. Pls be at the quality of a high-budget Trigger or KyoAni productions.

They haven't announced which company is doing it. They've just described the company as being "very excellent". And the anime itself is supposed to take place a few months after GR1 but before GR2.

Hope it's not A-1 just cause it's owned by Sony Music. They can do a decent job with enough time and money, but a Gravity Rush OVA needs really great storyboarders or sakuga that knows their motion skills.

Every location you visit in the game is an independent floating island, so we wanted to make sure they were all floating correctly and moving independently — this was difficult but we were really focused on getting it right

This brings me back to the original Bioshock: Infinite E3 demo where this was feature. Glad to see it make a comeback in some form. Made me wish Ken Levine pushed the game to next-gen systems rather than the shell of what we have right now.

JakR

I am so excited for Gravity Rush 2 and was sad that Sony did not show the trailer at their press conference.

Just waiting for a special edition to show up. :)

poodpick

No details yet.

Hopefully we see something at TGS. Pls be at the quality of a high-budget Trigger or KyoAni productions.

Hope it's not A-1 just cause it's owned by Sony Music. They can do a decent job with enough time and money, but a Gravity Rush OVA needs really great storyboarders or sakuga that knows their motion skills.

Putting Trigger in the same sentence as KyoAni and referring to quality is rustling me.

Since they're still insisting on 2016 and no announcement of a date at e3 it's looking like December which is terrible for me lol 3 rpgs in one month

Really glad they're embracing the whimsical and goofy nature of the protagonist, rather than going the too-frequent "darker and more epic sequel!!!" direction.

We <3 Kat!!!!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
&#8220;I really like Kamen Rider,&#8221; laughs Toyama-san, referring to the brilliantly odd-looking Japanese super hero. &#8220;So you&#8217;ll see even more elements of that in the game. You can also see the Sailor Moon influences, especially when the characters in the game are doing their finishing moves and dynamic poses.

GIVE.IT.TO.ME.NOW!.gif

Yeah really Trigger isn't nearly on that level.

Maybe if they were still with Gainax.

RK128

A-1 is so strange, as the quality they put out can be fantastic (Your Lie in April) too downright garbage (Astrisk War) on a dime. If they have the team that made Your Lie in April or SAO II/Season 2, they could do a great job with a Gravity Rush OVA I feel personally :).

People with ps4 still crashing on this game.
Hope it turns out to be a sleeper hit, I'm there day 1 since I loved GR1 on vita.

Very refreshing new title.

poodpick

&#12302;Inaba Resident&#12303;;208233934 said:
Both are fantastic when it comes to animation

Have you seen klk? I have never seen a show with so many shortcuts in terms of animation consistently over its entire run.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Have you seen klk? I have never seen a show with so many shortcuts in terms of animation consistently over its entire run.

Its like they were trying to repeat their FLCL and Gurren Lagann success but without the Gainax backing to do so

Shin-Ra

Gravity Rush (and the English localisation) does silly so well.

23677634571_576b7bf64c_o.png
23131880074_8923aae71d_o.png

All of Kat's clothing ruffles in the wind now.

GR2katbreeze.gif

Gravity Rush (and the English localisation) does silly so well.

That was rather funny. For those not in the know, kat keeps finding pages of
what sounds like an erotic sorry but is actually about a dog.

The in game action movie mission sounds amazing.

Shin-Ra

As well as the new HUD 'ammo' indicator showing how many projectiles Kat's got remaining, Gravity Throw seems to do a much better job of avoiding immediately colliding with closeby environmental blockages.

GR2gravitythrow.gif

There's just a lot more stuff lying around in GR2 too so projectiles should be a bigger part of combat.

As well as the new HUD 'ammo' indicator showing how many projectiles Kat's got remaining, Gravity Throw seems to do a much better job of avoiding immediately colliding with closeby environmental blockages.

GR2gravitythrow.gif

There's just a lot more stuff lying around in GR2 too so projectiles should be a bigger part of combat.
Nice!

Shin-Ra

I can't remember which video I saw it really clearly in but when Kat Jupiter Surges into the ground like this:

GR2smashdown.gif

It leaves a nice parallax occlusion mapped crater in the ground.

edit: it was the Kotaku-stitched PlayStation Underground playthrough.

GR2pomcrater.gif

Top Bottom