• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 - You're going to buy it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyo20

Neo Member
Started playing GR1 on the vita and wow, where have I been. Missed out on this gem for so many years.. also, it was a free game from ps+ which makes it all the sweeter!

Consider me interested.

Allen Poe

It was in the "play it once I renew my gamefly subscription after I hammer my backlog" category... until i read it had a 30-40 hour campaign. Might have to buy this fairly soon if that's the case.

LotusHD

Banned
Preordered after seeing this topic. Speaking of which, I got go back and finish the first one...

You got 4-6 days left, get to it lol

I will wait until a price drop to pick it up, I enjoyed alot about the first game but the controls just frustrated me.

Understandable.

Started playing GR1 on the vita and wow, where have I been. Missed out on this gem for so many years.. also, it was a free game from ps+ which makes it all the sweeter!

Consider me interested.

Better late than never. I always thought it was dope when you discover how great an old game you missed out on is. It's just like, "Damn, so this is why everyone loved this game" lol

It was in the "play it once I renew my gamefly subscription after I hammer my backlog" category... until i read it had a 30-40 campaign. Might have to buy this fairly soon if that's the case.

Haha, I'm not surprised. Games that take awhile to beat are my bread and butter. One of the few issues I had with the first game was that it felt too short, so I'm glad that it's more than long enough this time around.

SHarris78

I tried on two separate occasions to make progress in the first game on PS4 but gave up early on as the controls were frustrating and it's so damn brown. I just started it again and am about a third of the way through, and whereas I still find the controls awkward I'm enjoying it a lot more than I had previously. Have decided to preorder GR2 and am looking forward to the more colourful world.

I tried on two separate occasions to make progress in the first game on PS4 but gave up early on as the controls were frustrating and it's so damn brown. I just started it again and am about a third of the way through, and whereas I still find the controls awkward I'm enjoying it a lot more than I had previously. Have decided to preorder GR2 and am looking forward to the more colourful world.
Brown is mostly in the first area of the city. Each one has its distinct (up to a point of course) looks :D

Easy Allies, GameSpot and Usgamer are to me some of the more trustworthy sites for reviews and they all gave the game a 9 rating. This along with my overall good experience with the first game is enough to cement my purchasing decision. Don't need Gaf feedback on this one but still interested in reading early impressions.

Unknown?

It was in the "play it once I renew my gamefly subscription after I hammer my backlog" category... until i read it had a 30-40 hour campaign. Might have to buy this fairly soon if that's the case.
Is it really that long?! That's longer than the FFXV campaign. It's hard to believe the quality of the campaign holds up for that long but given the positive reviews it must.

Number45

That's considerably longer than the first, even after getting all of the powers and doing all of the challenges. Not complaining however.

Unknown?

That's considerably longer than the first, even after getting all of the powers and doing all of the challenges. Not complaining however.
I only watched one video review I guess I should read more but that's more than double the game of the first of it's just campaign and not 100%.

Sigh, still (at least) 9 days before amazon deliver the game

giphy.gif

Shoeless

EU / AU pre-load is up. Surely NA pre-load should also be available soon, if not already?

Wow, already? I would have expected that if it were releasing on a Tuesday, like most games, but with a Friday release, that's pretty early. I guess I'll check my console to see if it's there yet.

Falchion

Been playing GR1 for the first time and I absolutely love it. Kat is awesome and I have laughed out loud so many times. Can't wait to play 2 since there are so many improvements.

Baalzebup

Wow, already? I would have expected that if it were releasing on a Tuesday, like most games, but with a Friday release, that's pretty early. I guess I'll check my console to see if it's there yet.
EU release is on the 18th, not the 20th. The current countdown is, for me, at 2d 19h +small change

I just jumped to around 16 minutes in and holy shit does that guy suck.

Started with some valid complaints (some of the side quest stuff does look a bit annoying) until at some point their frustration got the best of them so they went out of their way to make it look like garbage.

Can't win 'em all! I'm still in.

Started with some valid complaints (some of the side quest stuff does look a bit annoying) until at some point their frustration got the best of them so they went out of their way to make it look like garbage.

Can't win 'em all! I'm still in.
Which is the first thought that came to my mind as soon as they were mentioned here.

LotusHD

Banned
Which is the first thought that came to my mind as soon as they were mentioned here.

I find it amusing that that's the most common thing that gets brought up here out of everything, despite it not even being an actual full review. I guess GB has a lot of clout or something.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
<3 can't wait for this beautiful game. I was most interested to hear you can use lunar style without activating your actual grav abilities, so you can just use that to traverse and jump around.

It may be strange, but i usually like to take my time and explore the scenery in open world games, so flying around in the traditional way kinda gets in the way and turns things into a blur

Roussow

Woah, you weren't kidding about those unanswered questions at the end of the first game. That game ends so quickly the story is still wrapping up during the credits.

Got the first game for PS+ on Vita ages ago but it didn't really click, however I bought for $13AUD on PSN for PS4 and I'm loving it now! Can't wait to get GR2 (after I beat the first).

Milijango

JimSterling/Polygon also dump this game, which make me believe it's a masterpiece

Dump?

Jim Sterling:

Gravity Rush 2 is a bigger sequel, but not necessarily a better one. While it offers more to play with and in greater variety, the lack of improvements to core features &#8211; as well as graphics that are far from impressive &#8211; hold it back from being something truly great.

I'd still heartily recommend it despite the criticisms I've raised. There's something unassumingly likable about it, reminiscent of Sega's wackier years when they'd make any weird thing and toss it on the Dreamcast.

Polygon:

Gravity Rush 2 has its stumbles &#8212; the camera often feels at complete odds with what the game requires of you, a real problem in a game that so aggressively eschews standards physics. But even with so many directions to fall head over heels in, it lands on its feet &#8212; just like Kat.

Briguy13

Banned
I'll buy it when it goes on sale for $20. Played the demo and thought it was alright. Have the first game on Vita, but never finished it.

LotusHD

Banned
<3 can't wait for this beautiful game. I was most interested to hear you can use lunar style without activating your actual grav abilities, so you can just use that to traverse and jump around.

It may be strange, but i usually like to take my time and explore the scenery in open world games, so flying around in the traditional way kinda gets in the way and turns things into a blur

One of the random neat things about Lunar mode is that you can repeatedly kick and dodge in order to keep yourself afloat, since you're very light in that form. There'll probably never be any realistic time to want to do it, but I find that amusing. In the demo, I was messing around with it, seeing if I could use it and wall jumps to get back up from below the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom