• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greenberg: Quantum Break is not coming to Steam

Things change, I wouldn't necessarily call him a liar over this.

This. Sometimes if things don't go where they are supposed to go, you have to change plans. And in some companies this apparently just happens more often than in other ones.

This doesn't necessarily imply that one shouldn't listen to statements representatives of that very company made in the course of time, like "Kinect cannot be removed" or "there will be no Scorpio exclusive games!".

GHG

Things change, I wouldn't necessarily call him a liar over this.

Can we take the same approach for the NMS "multiplayer lies" as well then? Or does all of this depend on which side of the fence you've chosen to sit on?

hey guys

quantum break will come to steam

LRlknxa.gif

Shiggy

Can we take the same approach for the NMS "multiplayer lies" as well then? Or does all of this depend on which side of the fence you've chosen to sit on?

Kind of irrelevant here. Also didn't follow that.

If only there was a way to communicate details which are not actually completely set in stone as such.

Like "we currently have no plans for X".

Well, a "never" in business always means "no plans at this point". Poor wording. But with how bad the Win 10 Store has turned out to perform, one cannot blame them for (yet another) 180.

Gradly

Well, a "never" in business always means "no plans at this point". Poor wording. But with how bad the Win 10 Store has turned out to perform, one cannot blame them for (yet another) 180.

I actually blame a company for their mistakes (more u-turns is a result of more mistakes) but I appreciate their corrections anyway

On topic, yes things change overtime, so it's better not to take such things very seriously

LewieP

Or his job is to convince people to buy Xboxes, and he deliberately communicates in absolutes, despite knowing that the truth is more ambiguous, in order to achieve that.

ps3ud0

It's why I don't trust anything he or Penello says unless there's a legal requirement for them to tell the truth (i.e. investor calls and the like).

Both have zero morals AFAIC

ps3ud0 8)

MUnited83

For you.
Greenberg's word as always been worthless. Dude has spewed stuff that was quickly proven false over and over again. Nobody should take his word as proof of anything ever.

Also, by looking at the SteamDB entry, the Steam version started been being worked on very close after release.

Somnia

You guys know things change right? Alan Wake was never supposed to come to PC, but Remedy convinced MS to finally let them and they self published on PC too. Remedy may have gotten MS to let them do this also due to low PC sales, who knows.

KORNdoggy

Every time this guy say something the opposite happens lol

PR men lie. if that somehow isnt the case then something isn't quite right with the world.

now whether a steam version was on the cards all along and they denied it happening to push the idea of it being exclusive to windows and thus boost sales...or...the sales were just a travesty so they admitted defeat...who knows.

ethomaz

Banned
PR men lie. if that somehow isnt the case then something isn't quite right with the world.

now whether a steam version was on the cards all along and they denied it happening to push the idea of it being exclusive to windows and thus boost sales...or...the sales were just a travesty so they admitted defeat...who knows.
Nope it is not about usual PR men lie.
Greenberg is in another level.

This is not the first neither the last time he will flat out lie even when evidences shows the opposite.

Shin-chan

Are there any other major examples of a company saying one thing and then later doing the exact opposite?

And I'm not talking about "no plans at this time" stuff, but flat out "yes/no" stuff which was later reversed.

And of course, I just mean videogame companies not businesses as a whole as I imagine we'd be here all day drawing up the list.

m_dorian

MS would probably thought the game will be a huge success and boost their shop so they really had no plans releasing it to other platforms.

So, the MS PR guy must have been sincere the time he said what he said but then came the harsh realization that their store is not welcomed with open arms from the consumers because it is a mess, their UWP plans seemed shady and the game was expensive and felt like it needed a very capable machine to run, a machine the average pc gamer might not have.

Once again, a case of terrible estimation from MS suits.

Teletraan1

Banned
These plans change posts are precious and parroted by the usual suspects. Keep drinking the green kool aid guys. Contracts that change in the favor of the small development house with a poor selling product vs the huge corporation, yeah pass that shit. More likely than not they had a clause in the contract that let them release on other PC storefronts if they didn't hit certain sales metrics. Metrics that were not met after release which is when they started transitioning to putting out this Steam release. Nothing changed though. Greenberg is just a mouthpiece trying to sell a product. Unfortunately he chooses to do so in a totally dishonest way.

Top Bottom