• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Trailer (60 FPS)

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Makes it look kind of fake and too gamey. Look at the city pan in the beginning- it looks way too static, gamey, and fake. This is the cost of 60fps and why I'm not a fan save for multiplayer games. Everything else looks awesome and a decent step above the PS4 version, especially IQ.

this just makes me sad

Seanspeed

Banned
Makes it look kind of fake and too gamey. Look at the city pan in the beginning- it looks way too static, gamey, and fake. This is the cost of 60fps and why I'm not a fan save for multiplayer games. Everything else looks awesome and a decent step above the PS4 version, especially IQ.
Ugh.

Part that made me go wow was around 28-32 seconds, the shot above the two girls and then Michael laying on the pool chair. His skin looks really nice (not in a creepy way).

Is that DJ Krush mashed up with something else? Or is that a track from the OST with lyrics added, it's been a while since I listened to the OST. Either way, cool jam.

yea that was a great mix.

game looks AMAZING! Wonder if it will run well on my aging 1055t and 7970

Seanspeed

Banned
Wait....

Are some people here complaining that the game runs to smooth?
It does look strange if you're used to seeing a game and videos at 30fps.

But you adjust very quickly once actually playing and then going back becomes difficult.

MrToast

Looks good, but is it me or does it look like theres only a slight graphical update from PS4 and One?

SillyJoe

Damn, I hate when my games look too gamey.

Grief.exe

You need to stop changing your avatar. Stick with one so we know it's Heavy.

Arafo

CArKlyZ.gif

Corgi

Banned
man its been ages where I've played a pc game where the 'action cutscenes' were in engine and not locked to 30fps.

LDAF

Wait....

Are some people here complaining that the game runs to smooth?

This kind of reminds me of a post I saw in one of the threads for the Grim Fandango remaster. Someone started complaining about the characters looking too lifeless, and one of the responses was just "he's dead".

UnrealEck

I watched and felt a bit dissapointed with the graphics, so I went and watched the older trailers for the Xbone and PS4 and I changed my mind. It's a very clear step above those.

this just makes me sad
Look, I'm not gonna shit up the thread so I'll just say one thing- I've always felt this way. Look at the pan across the beach in the beginning. It looks static, unrealistic, and too gamey. It hurts the immersion for me. For an epic singleplayer game like GTAV, that's a deal breaker. If I ever get this on PC, I'm capping it at 30 fps and turning the motion blur to max. That's just the way I like playing immersive singleplayer games.

You need to stop changing your avatar. Stick with one so we know it's Heavy.
image.php

Are we watching the same trailer?
Refer to the part I mentioned for a good example.

GavinUK86

Looks fantastic at 60fps but I'm surprised at the amount of shimmering going on. I wonder what AA will be available.

Mitch

Banned
Look, I'm not gonna shit up the thread so I'll just say one thing- I've always felt this way. Look at the pan across the beach in the beginning. It looks static, unrealistic, and too gamey. It hurts the immersion for me. For an epic singleplayer game like GTAV, that's a deal breaker. If I ever get this on PC, I'm capping it at 30 fps and turning the motion blur to max. That's just the way I like playing immersive singleplayer games.
Are we watching the same trailer?

Did you watch the high frame rate versions?
oh no, maybe I didn't...

That would be embarrassing.

Edit: Yep, saw the first two in HFR. :)

The phenomenon you are describing is the ability to actually fucking see what is going on in a game, which is sometimes nothing.

hepburn3d

I reuploaded to YouTube if anyone want to view there.

http://youtu.be/R9dTNt135aE

Might take some time to process it, should be done in 5 minutes or so I guess.

I love you! Will be watching this when it's done processing.

Managed to watch this on my phone. Was not expecting it to be that good but looks insanely good. Want to say worth the wait but past me would punch me in the face for saying that.

I have waited patiently since this game was announced. Now at long last, we're so close.

Until the game gets delayed into Q3 next week

Looks good, but is it me or does it look like theres only a slight graphical update from PS4 and One?
It's honestly not that much of an upgrade from the console and that's coming from someone who's triple dipping with this. It looks great but they did a hell of a job with the console versions. Wait for the mods to start popping up like iCEnhancer's.

The phenomenon you are describing is the ability to actually fucking see what is going on in a game, which is sometimes nothing.
That's not how it is in real life, though. Turn your head from side to side. The objects in front of you aren't static. I can't get over that in a game that's trying to be realistic like GTA. That's all I'll say on this.

Top Bottom