• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Trailer (60 FPS)

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
14312933232_e36f99b17c_o.gif

Blinck

Did you watch the high frame rate versions?

Believe it or not, some people actually don't notice the difference.

I know many people that went to see the HF version and didn't notice anything, they thought they were seeing a normal version.

It's absolutely mind boggling, but true.

The trailer looks great. Great song choice.
Doesn't look much different from the next gen consoles though. And I guess you will need a beast of a PC to actually run this with this HQ at 60fps. Trailer should say: "Experience GTA5 at 60fps...if you have the money to afford a beastly rig!" :p Just kidding (not really ! )

Denton

Really hoped for something longer and with gameplay, still looked great though, sweet 60.

Great song, gonna have to find out what it is. R* have such a great taste in music.

That's not how it is in real life, though. Turn your head from side to side. The objects in front of you aren't static. I can't get over that in a game that's trying to be realistic like GTA. That's all I'll say on this.

Yeah, I see in only 30 frames per seconds, too. We should start a support group or something.

Spaghetti

yesssss

i don't really notice the so called static, gamey look of 60fps unless i've been playing a game at 30 or watching a film/tv beforehand, and even then my eyes adjust and it looks 'normal' within a couple minutes of playing

higher framerates make controls feel so damn smooth. this is going to feel like a giant leap forward from playing the ps3 version at sub-30 and gross 720p.

That's not how it is in real life, though. Turn your head from side to side. The objects in front of you aren't static. I can't get over that in a game that's trying to be realistic like GTA. That's all I'll say on this.

Uh... I would go to an optometrist...

Hip Hop

Makes it look kind of fake and too gamey. Look at the city pan in the beginning- it looks way too static, gamey, and fake. This is the cost of 60fps and why I'm not a fan save for multiplayer games. Everything else looks awesome and a decent step above the PS4 version, especially IQ.
So this is the new "cinematic feel" type of comment?

Unless your Adam Jensen your eyeballs aren't cameras and don't see in frames per second, you do realize this, right?

Busty

Banned
As someone who completed all the side missions and story campaigns on the PS3 I can say with honestly that looks like a revelation on the PC.

It almost looks like an entirely remastered game.

Wow.

Also, does anyone recognise the song that plays in that trailer?

Alienous

i don't like 60fps.. i know thats weird to say but it just looks so weird to me, like really arcadey

Because of the connotation, perhaps?

Driving games and fighting games are 60fps and 'arcadey' by virtue of appearing in arcades, so maybe that's where you're getting that notion from?

How can 60fps look more static than 30fps? There's more visual information!

I know what he means, it brings out a certain "fakeness" that is less apparent at lower fps. Sort of akin to the Hobbit debacle.

But I still think it looks way better and would always choose 60fps, soap opera appearance and all.

Denton

Anyone who argues that 30fps is better is welcome to think so and cap their games accordingly.

Would be nice if threads were not shit up for the 99.99% of the rest of us though.

For those wondering the music is : "MNDR – Lock & Load feat. Killer Mike".

Track 8.

Thank you!

Seanspeed

Banned
Have you ever actually played GTA at 60fps?

I'm quite confident that you're just experiencing a phenomenon where it looks weird initially because you're not used to it. That goes away quickly when you actually play it, though.

Koobion

I don't think I can resist a double dip - but not at full price. This looks incredible, especially the reflections.

Klossen

Banned
It's crazy how 60 fps have even become a marketing term. I love it. I'm all for prioritizing player input and smooth animations over improving the static image.

Dabanton

Looks very strange at 60fps. For me the best parts of the trailers were the bits in slow mo.

Can't wait to see some driving round gameplay vids though.

Corgi

Banned
I get cutscenes might look weird at 60fps.

But playing any driving game, especially open world ones at 60fps is ridiculously better gameplay wise, especially when you are racing super cars through traffic.

Console gamers got a taste of that with Burnout Paradise, which is easily a 'game of that generation' tier game.

Velurian

Look, I'm not gonna shit up the thread so I'll just say one thing- I've always felt this way. Look at the pan across the beach in the beginning. It looks static, unrealistic, and too gamey. It hurts the immersion for me. For an epic singleplayer game like GTAV, that's a deal breaker. If I ever get this on PC, I'm capping it at 30 fps and turning the motion blur to max. That's just the way I like playing immersive singleplayer games.

wtf? reading this hurts my eyes...

I'm really anxious to see the performance thread and benchmarks. I'm not gonna buy until I see how the game runs for people with a similar PC. Given the specs they have said I should be ok but I'll believe it once I see it.

Gorgeous, but after a string of games that include Hotline Miami 2, Ori, Axiom Verge and Bloodborne, I don't think I can go back to Rockstar's shallow mission design and gameplay systems. Beautiful world though.

Kezen

Banned
So no indication of what kind of hardware is being used...

No but it's fair to speculate that it will take a very fast CPU, and overclocked at that. My stock 4770K won't cut it for a locked 60 but framerate should be high enough for me with toned down LOD. No way I'll set the density slider to its max value.

GTA 4 is still pretty brutal on modern CPUs :
http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Retro-Grand_Theft_Auto_IV-test-GTAIV_proz.jpg

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Retro-Grand_Theft_Auto_IV-test-GTAIV_intel.jpg

Jtrizzy

Makes it look kind of fake and too gamey. Look at the city pan in the beginning- it looks way too static, gamey, and fake. This is the cost of 60fps and why I'm not a fan save for multiplayer games. Everything else looks awesome and a decent step above the PS4 version, especially IQ.

Lol you had me there for a second.

Top Bottom